Landlord

Re: Colossal Castle Contest 15

Post by Azaghal »

Looks like it's working now!
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Azaghal wrote:Looks like it's working now!
Yes. All of the links are now active.

We at Classic-Castle are happy to celebrate our fifteenth annual Colossal Castle Contest by giving away the largest LEGO Castle set of all time, 71040 Disney Castle!

[img]http://www.classic-castle.com/events/contes ... 71040c.jpg[/img]

This grand prize will be awarded to the builder who enters 6 or more categories and has the highest score when their top six creation scores are averaged. The winner will also be granted the title of master builder for the next year!

Check out the creations of previous master builders [url=http://www.classic-castle.com/events/events.html]master builders[/url].
LittleJohn
Admin
Admin

Post by LittleJohn »

Wow, what a prize! :o I wasn't planning on going for Master Builder, but... :tasty: :lol:
TheLordOfBricks
Foot Soldier

Post by TheLordOfBricks »

LittleJohn wrote:Wow, what a prize! :o I wasn't planning on going for Master Builder, but... :tasty: :lol:
:lol: But, but... You won it last year... :wink: Still, I agree, it is a pretty nice prize!!!
"I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”" Psalms 91:2

My Flickr: [url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/158415872@N02/[/url]
LittleJohn
Admin
Admin

Post by LittleJohn »

TheLordOfBricks wrote: :lol: But, but... You won it last year... :wink: Still, I agree, it is a pretty nice prize!!!
Yea, I was just joking. :) I will have at least a few entries this year, but probably not enough to qualify for master builder.
Bluesecrets
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order

Post by Bluesecrets »

Hey guys...If I could find a way to compete for that set...I would. :halo: It is THAT good. But of course, you know I wouldn't. It is amazing. Here is hoping it sparks a lot of epic building.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
TheLordOfBricks
Foot Soldier

Post by TheLordOfBricks »

LittleJohn wrote: Yea, I was just joking. :) I will have at least a few entries this year, but probably not enough to qualify for master builder.
Yep, I understood you... :) Anyways, looking forward to seeing your entries! :D
"I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”" Psalms 91:2

My Flickr: [url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/158415872@N02/[/url]
Fletcher Floyd
Peasant

Post by Fletcher Floyd »

Bluesecrets wrote:Hey guys...If I could find a way to compete for that set...I would. :halo: It is THAT good. But of course, you know I wouldn't. It is amazing. Here is hoping it sparks a lot of epic building.
I agree, this is one big(!) prize to go for!

Should be quite a motivation for all the fabulous Castle-Builders out there.

Categories are great this year -some are quite special which makes it difficult to come up with a good idea right away. But don't get me wrong, I really like that! I'm already looking forward to the first entries of the circus-category, because that's the one I like the most this year! Last year it was the Archry Tournament:-)
Graham Gidman
Laborer

Post by Graham Gidman »

I was planning on getting some entries in, but not necessary trying for Master Builder. Well, plans change....like they did this morning when I saw the announced prize. Time to kick it into high gear! :wink:
legobeethoven
Serf

Post by legobeethoven »

Wow, what a great prize! I think I may try for master builder this year, though I wasn't planning on it... :D
~Classical Bricks
Bluesecrets

Post by Bluesecrets »

Just so you know...I am going to approve entries once a day, in the evening. I was really quick with it last year and I intend on keeping as up to date as I can. If you have issues or questions, please private message me. I'll be more than happy to help you out.

But please remember one thing...I have family. I have LEGO ambassador duties and a large project I am working on for that. I have a job. There will be days where I am working over 12.5 hours and too exhausted to turn on the computer when I do get home. So if it takes more than a day to approve you...I WILL get to it in the next day or two.

This is me...trying to be open and honest. Sharing what I can.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
LittleJohn
Admin
Admin

Post by LittleJohn »

Thanks for the update, Blue, I think I can safely say we all appreciate your efforts on keeping things moving smoothly.
mrcp6d
Bailiff

Post by mrcp6d »

Two questions:
1. For the Video Game Castle category, you guys looking for "castle" as in the structure or "castle" as in general medieval/fantasy content?
2. For the Historical Shipyard category, is custom rigging and sails allowed?

Thanks!
soccerkid6
Admin
Admin

Post by soccerkid6 »

Have to agree with everyone else, that MB prize is fabulous! :shock: :D
Definitely should be a great motivator.
John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Brickbuilt: http://www.brickbuilt.org/
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/isaacsnyder/
Graham Gidman
Laborer

Post by Graham Gidman »

I have a 48x48 entry for Village Life in the works. I have two buildings, each set an angle. Their first floors are within the borders of the baseplate, but the upper floors and their roofs with be sticking out slightly (no more than two bricks, I think) on just one corner each. Is this too much overhang for the category?