Colossal Castle Contest 16

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Colossal Castle Contest 16

Post by architect »

[img]http://www.classic-castle.com/events/contes ... ontest.jpg[/img]

The Classic-Castle Admins are pleased to announce our sixteenth annual building contest: The Colossal Castle Contest XVI. Our contest begins on November 1st and ends on December 31st, 2018.

The contest is designed to offer building opportunities for castle fans with small and large collections of brick. You will find small categories such as vignettes and microscale and large categories such as the great wall category! We are looking for your most creative ideas and builds that stand out from the crowd.

Check out the prizes. Classic Castle sets include Black Monarch's Ghost, Royal King, Twin Arm Launder, Camouflaged Outpost, and the Guarded Inn. The sixteenth CCC also has awesome new prizes including Dwarves Mine Defender, Prison Carriage Rescue, the Great Wall of China, and Medieval Market Village. It truly is colossal!

Thank you to several anonymous donors, Rich Stehnach "Blackrock", and soccerkid for donating prizes for this contest. The contest rules can be found in the link below. Enjoy!

Rules: [url]http://www.classic-castle.com/events/ccc/ru ... est=cccxvi[/url]
Prizes: [url]http://www.classic-castle.com/events/ccc/pr ... est=cccxvi[/url]
Submit an Entry: [url]http://www.classic-castle.com/events/ccc/su ... est=cccxvi[/url]

Ask admins contest questions in this thread. It may take us a few days to respond to your question.
Bluesecrets
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order

Re: Colossal Castle Contest 16

Post by Bluesecrets »

While I won't be hanging out in chat, if you need to talk to me...pm me. I will get back to you. It may take time for the decision to be made. I might defer you to Architect.

I will look at the entries every other day, if not every day. I don't like to have a giant stack of stuff to approve.

If you end up on the naughty list, I will do my best to let you know. BUT...I am not going to spend hours hunting you down. If you don't give us a way to contact you, that will make it extremely difficult.

Disclaimer:

Your admin team is going to try all we can to keep things rolling at a pace that we can accomplish. That is our goal. It always is. And we know that you hate that we have lives that slow us down and hate it even more when we say "hey...we have lives." But we're being honest and up front. We have families, insane busy jobs, LUG responsibilities, two of us are ambassadors, and the CCC means we give up what little "me" time that we have. We do it willingly and without complaining. But we would like to think that we can have a little bit of understanding when you do not get a time frame that you are wanting.

When you get all angry with us, please remember that it is not our goal to anger you. We want a fun castle contest with great castle builds. Judging is extremely difficult. Making decisions that we think are right, often takes upwards of 3 times through a list to decide just what build fits the categories.

Please have fun. Enjoy your building. Know we are happy that you are building for our contest. We honor that. We want you to succeed.

Please read the category requirements...several amazing builds in the past have been mind blowing but lost the purpose of the build.

Please read the rules. If you don't, you can end up on the naughty list. Then you get upset with me when I contact you...and that is not good for either of us. It upsets me WAY more than it upsets you.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
soccerkid6
Admin
Admin

Post by soccerkid6 »

The best time of year has officially begun :D
Incredible categories this year!

For the From Field to Goblet category, are you supposed to make multiple builds each showing different stages in the process, or just a single creation showing multiple stages?
If multiple builds, how many?
John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Brickbuilt: http://www.brickbuilt.org/
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/isaacsnyder/
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

soccerkid6 wrote:The best time of year has officially begun :D
Incredible categories this year!
Thank you.
For the From Field to Goblet category, are you supposed to make multiple builds each showing different stages in the process, or just a single creation showing multiple stages?
If multiple builds, how many?
1. A minimum of three builds (growing & harvesting, brewing / fermenting, and consumption) makes the most sense.
JCool
Apprentice

Post by JCool »

Great categories for this year's contest! As always, lots of ideas already circulating in my head, we'll see how much time I have to build though :-/ (time has unfortunately been a premium lately)

I really like the From Field to Goblet category - I have a feeling we'll see some really clever builds coming from this category!

Thanks to those running this event - it's always a great one to look forward to each year :)
-Joe "Cool"
TheLordOfBricks
Foot Soldier

Post by TheLordOfBricks »

Woohoo! Super excited, some great categories as usual! Hoping for 3 entries this year, as time is becoming less along with the fact I am building slower... Good job keeping one of the best castle contest going! :)
"I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”" Psalms 91:2

My Flickr: [url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/158415872@N02/[/url]
En_Zoo
Villein

Post by En_Zoo »

Great categories and awesome prizes! Not sure if I'll be able to meet the deadline, sadly.. but still, well done everyone - big thanks to all organisers and contributors! :)
My [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/138833402@N08/]Flickr[/url]
artizan
Gong Farmer

Post by artizan »

does the great wall category have a scale restriction or we can do it in any scale?
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

JCool wrote:I really like the From Field to Goblet category - I have a feeling we'll see some really clever builds coming from this category!
We hope so too.
Good job keeping one of the best castle contest going!
well done everyone - big thanks to all organisers and contributors!
Thank you.
does the great wall category have a scale restriction or we can do it in any scale?
2. This category can be at any scale. It could be microscale, minifigure scale, or even larger figure scale. I expect a 1 to 1 scale wall would be fairly expensive though ;)
TheLordOfBricks
Foot Soldier

Post by TheLordOfBricks »

Ok, first and only question for a while, for the Forest Lair category, does it specifically have to be an Outlaw Faction build or is that just to describe the idea of what you should build? What I'm asking is could it be just any old forest lair or does it have to be an Outlaws style build? Thanks!

Edit: Yes, I have a flickr now, so no more Mocpages from me. :)
Last edited by TheLordOfBricks on Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”" Psalms 91:2

My Flickr: [url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/158415872@N02/[/url]
Bluesecrets

Post by Bluesecrets »

Also, if you can at all avoid using MOC Pages or Brickshelf for your photos that would be EXTREMELY helpful.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

gid617
Freeman

Post by gid617 »

So... this might be a stupid question, but can I build a Nexo Knights themed creation for the Classic Castle Category? 8)
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/gid617/]Flickr[/url]
Servertijd
Gong Farmer

Post by Servertijd »

I have already one building ready for the Micellaneous category, I know the entry page isnt up yet, but can I upload the photos via flickr or do I have to wait till the entry page is up?
Bluesecrets

Post by Bluesecrets »

gid617 wrote:So... this might be a stupid question, but can I build a Nexo Knights themed creation for the Classic Castle Category? 8)
I would say that would not be a classic castle.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Bluesecrets

Post by Bluesecrets »

Servertijd wrote:I have already one building ready for the Micellaneous category, I know the entry page isnt up yet, but can I upload the photos via flickr or do I have to wait till the entry page is up?
The rule in the past has been it can not have been shown online before November 1st. I believe that still applies. The entry pages will be up as soon as we can get them. It is up to you if you put it online before or not.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan