Colossal Castle Contest 16

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Silmaril_1
Serf

Re: Colossal Castle Contest 16

Post by Silmaril_1 »

Thank you both for your answers! I think my slow brain has understood now :)
Flickr : [url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/silmaril_1/[/url]

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they're genuine or not." -- A. Lincoln
Bluesecrets
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order

Post by Bluesecrets »

I will be starting the approval process today. If you have submitted and it isn't approved by say...tomorrow, then you may have to check the naughty list.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
Bluesecrets

Post by Bluesecrets »

I know this isn't part of the rules...because I failed to remember it. But may I please ask for something?

Can we please refrain from adding digital text to the images? There are rules about digital editing and what not...but I don't think we ever got specific about words.

These words, to be honest, are distracting me from your build. I want to see what you built and focus on that. Give you props for what you build. Tell you how awesome that is. But my eyes are being pulled to words...

Just a little request from someone who is trying super duper hard to tell you how much I appreciate that you have built for this contest and not be distracted.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Fletcher Floyd
Peasant

Post by Fletcher Floyd »

Hello again,

it's CCC-time once again, and of course I'm going to participate. The Categories are quite cool this year, even if I'm missing the Misc.-Small-Category a little.

Thanks to the team for hosting the contest once again and have fun everybody!
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Fletcher Floyd wrote:Hello again,

it's CCC-time once again, and of course I'm going to participate. The Categories are quite cool this year, even if I'm missing the Misc.-Small-Category a little.

Thanks to the team for hosting the contest once again and have fun everybody!
You are welcome! The misc small category will likely return again in the future.
Silmaril_1
Serf

Post by Silmaril_1 »

Hey everyone!
Ralf Langer aka. ranghaal has asked me to post some questions for him on the forum, because even though he registered 10 days ago, his account hasn't been activated yet. Is there something he might be able to do to quicken the process? Anyway, here it goes:
1) I didn't read about limitations for the misc. category. So I assume micro is allowed there? I read about a special micro misc category so I'm asking...

2) The great wall should provide protection from invaders. Is it ok to do a great wall that once served this purpose? I'd like to do a crack and also a tree nearby.

3) The definition of medieval is not really clear. It depends on time, but also on the region! Do you consider someone born in 1450 as "medieval"? And what about someone from italy? The "medieval" ages were over in itlay a few hundred years before most of europe.
May a legendary preson be a real person?
Flickr : [url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/silmaril_1/[/url]

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they're genuine or not." -- A. Lincoln
Bluesecrets

Post by Bluesecrets »

I will look into his registration for an account. Please know that if it does not sound like a real person...accounts aren't immediately approved. We get many accounts daily that are not real people. So we are careful with the approval process.

As far as the 3 questions, I can address question 1 and 2. I have a LEGO event today, but when I return if one of the other admins do not address question 3...I will ask for a clarification answer on it.

1) The category for micro this year IS the one stated. If the build does not meet the criteria for that category it can be entered in to the misc. category...which is a catch all for builds that do not fit a category.

2) Sure.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

ranghaal
Gong Farmer

Post by ranghaal »

Thanks! That was helpful! :wave:
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

The timeline we typically use for this contest is the fall of Rome to the burning of London in 1666.

Thanks,

Ben
LegoHobbitFan
Gong Farmer

Post by LegoHobbitFan »

I have another question: does water count as a medieval beverage in the field to goblet category? For example, I was thinking of making vignettes representing digging a well, getting water from the well, and then drinking the water. Would this be allowed?
Bluesecrets

Post by Bluesecrets »

LegoHobbitFan wrote:I have another question: does water count as a medieval beverage in the field to goblet category? For example, I was thinking of making vignettes representing digging a well, getting water from the well, and then drinking the water. Would this be allowed?
The admin team will discuss it and get back to you.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Bluesecrets

Post by Bluesecrets »

LegoHobbitFan wrote:I have another question: does water count as a medieval beverage in the field to goblet category? For example, I was thinking of making vignettes representing digging a well, getting water from the well, and then drinking the water. Would this be allowed?
The intention of this category is to have a beverage that is actually people made. Water doesn't meet that criteria.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Fictitious Pasta
Gong Farmer

Post by Fictitious Pasta »

Hello, I was reading over the rules and it said that LDraw renders are allowed as long as the pieces are correct and readily available. My question is does this apply to Mecabricks? Thanks,
Pasta
ranghaal
Gong Farmer

Post by ranghaal »

I submitted my first entry today.

Do I have to have a white margin on every side of the pic or is this view ok?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/154489981@N04/ ... ateposted/

I have a pic with margins on every side but I don't want to upload it to flickr - I don't like to have too much pics there showing the same motive.
ranghaal
Gong Farmer

Post by ranghaal »

Additional question: is it possible to use a second flickr account? And mix pictures from my first and second account?