Colossal Castle Contest II

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Colossal Castle Contest II

Post by architect »

The CC Team is proud to announce our second annual building contest: The Colossal Castle Contest II. It will begin on November 1st and end on December 31st, 2004.

This contest is a bit different than other contests. We have a variety of categories each with one prize for the winner. Some categories require small creations and others need larger ones. Everyone, even with a limited supply of bricks, should be able to enter several categories. We are looking for creativity, not who has the most LEGO.

Check out the prizes.

http://www.classic-castle.com/events/co ... rizes.html

Seven LEGOLAND Castle sets are prizes. There are several additional sets, custom weapons, and various other prizes. It truly is colossal! Thank you to LEGO, the Little Armory, Red Bean Studio, and others who donated prizes. The rules can be found here.

http://www.classic-castle.com/events/co ... ntest.html

Enjoy! Discuss the contest and any questions you may have.
Last edited by architect on Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

Woohoo baby! I'm licking my chops at some of those prizes.

A few questions. How many entries are we alowd? Can we enter in more than one catagory? How will the creations be judged?
Space rocks.
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Please read the rules page :wink:

You are allowed two entries per category and you can enter each category (except master builder because that works a bit differently). So I believe you can enter 14 mocs into the contest.

Entries are judged by the admins on a points scale based on playability, creativity and details.

Ben E.
Contest Admin
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

architect wrote:Please read the rules page :wink:

You are allowed two entries per category and you can enter each category (except master builder because that works a bit differently). So I believe you can enter 14 mocs into the contest.

Entries are judged by the admins on a points scale based on playability, creativity and details.

Ben E.
Contest Admin

Sorry. I didn't see the rules page :oops: . To bad that you have to have a classic wall to win that Black Monarch's ghost. And since I don't have L-Draw.... :cry:
Space rocks.
rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

forester3291 wrote:Sorry. I didn't see the rules page :oops: . To bad that you have to have a classic wall to win that Black Monarch's ghost. And since I don't have L-Draw.... :cry:

Unofficial Response:

I don't think you need to own a clasic wall to enter that category. I believe you only need to build something that can connect with a classic wall. Same height and all that. However, I am not an admin and I have nothing to do with the planning or running of this contest, so I could be wrong.
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=rogue]Bricklink Store[/url] - [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=rjcarello]Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
Glencaer
Marquis d'Krakhed

Post by Glencaer »

rogue27 wrote: I don't think you need to own a clasic wall to enter that category. I believe you only need to build something that can connect with a classic wall. Same height and all that. However, I am not an admin and I have nothing to do with the planning or running of this contest, so I could be wrong.
Rogue is correct! We don't have any categories that require you to have a particular part - and using regular bricks instead of pre-fab wall pieces is never a bad thing.

-Lenny
===
"The sound of laughter is like
the vaulted dome of
a temple of happiness. "
~-Milan Kundera-~
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

Glencaer wrote:
rogue27 wrote: I don't think you need to own a clasic wall to enter that category. I believe you only need to build something that can connect with a classic wall. Same height and all that. However, I am not an admin and I have nothing to do with the planning or running of this contest, so I could be wrong.
Rogue is correct! We don't have any categories that require you to have a particular part - and using regular bricks instead of pre-fab wall pieces is never a bad thing.

-Lenny

Woohoo! So ijust need to have a place in the MOC that a wall can fit into?
Space rocks.
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Woohoo! So ijust need to have a place in the MOC that a wall can fit into?
No. Your moc should fit into a LEGOLAND Castle wall. If you do not have the large wall pieces, that is ok. However you must build a wall section in the style (height, width) of King's Castle, Black Falcon's Fortress, Black Monarch's Castle, etc and have a shop/building attached to it. Example sets for ideas are the guarded inn, old blacksmith shop, armor shop, etc. Your wall should have technic 1x2 bricks with a pin so it can connect to a larger LEGOLAND Castle.

Ben E.
Contest Admin
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Sweet prizes. Just looking at them makes me want to enter....

Hmm.... Got to start thinking..... Got to start thinking....

Excuse me please, I'm thinking....

By the way, thanks to all the donors! Even if I don't win any. :wink:
Green Fox
Bailiff

Post by Green Fox »

About the LEGOLAND castle wall, does it matter if it is on a "high edge" or a "low edge" if it meets all the requirements? Then I may have an entry...
Dada
Freeman

Post by Dada »

Hello :D

For the category "siege weapons", can be inclued a machine that is built for other creatures than humans ???
I ask that because I have a mobile tower for goblins...

And if I win a price (I live out the USA), what must I do to obtain it ???
Superdada, grand général des armées Léonidienne
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

WHEEEE!

As soon as I read this I told all my co-workers! who promptly told me to shut up and get back to work!

wheee!
Glencaer
Marquis d'Krakhed

Post by Glencaer »

Dada wrote:Hello :D

For the category "siege weapons", can be inclued a machine that is built for other creatures than humans ???
I ask that because I have a mobile tower for goblins...
Yes, that is fine. The only requirement is that it is medieval and it is a seige weapon of some sort. Minifig scale is preferable, but not necessary.
And if I win a price (I live out the USA), what must I do to obtain it ???
Generally, we have you pay the excess shipping of what it would be to ship within the US unless its not that expensive to begin with (I've seen some airmail prices that are quite comparable to US Priority Mail).

-Lenny
===
the vaulted dome of
a temple of happiness. "
~-Milan Kundera-~
lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

Post by lemon_squeezer2 »

Awesome!

I will definatly enter.

However - is there a category for just a "castle"? I think there was a category for this last year - I know that you are going for something unique, but the lack of a place to put a nice medium/large fortress is somewhat dissapointing.

I am getting ideas for the tudor house entry though :D
"Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like heck"

KP 2011!
Glencaer
Marquis d'Krakhed

Post by Glencaer »

lemon_squeezer2 wrote:Awesome!

I will definatly enter.

However - is there a category for just a "castle"? I think there was a category for this last year - I know that you are going for something unique, but the lack of a place to put a nice medium/large fortress is somewhat dissapointing.
Actually, we tried to taylor our categories to our prizes. But if what you build doesn't match the available categories - may I remind you that we have a Misc. category, too.

-Lenny
===
the vaulted dome of
a temple of happiness. "
~-Milan Kundera-~