Colossal Castle Contest II

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Glencaer
Marquis d'Krakhed

Post by Glencaer »

Mursk wrote:How come the "Submit an Entry" button doesn't work for me? it has no link to it.
Umm.. I just posted about this no more than an hour ago.. please read all questions upthread before posting your own.
Jobiwan7 wrote:
This is strange, is there not supposed to be a link to "entries" or "submit an entry?" There isn't one for me.

We've created a new php page for recording contest entries, however, we're having a slight problem getting the correct page to get to the right place. Anyhow, we will post when it is up and ready (I'm guessing later today or tomorrow).

Don't worry, you will have the ability to submit your contest entry - just give us a wee bit to get it ready.

-Lenny
===
"The sound of laughter is like
the vaulted dome of
a temple of happiness. "
~-Milan Kundera-~
Mursk
Villein

Post by Mursk »

Doh! my bad :oops:
Scnicker
Landlord

Post by Scnicker »

Are we now able to post our creations for this contest to get people's reactions and to prevent two people making their mocs based on the same idea?
Glencaer
Marquis d'Krakhed

Post by Glencaer »

Scnicker wrote:Are we now able to post our creations for this contest to get people's reactions and to prevent two people making their mocs based on the same idea?
Yes.

-Lenny
===
the vaulted dome of
a temple of happiness. "
~-Milan Kundera-~
CAI
Journeyman

Post by CAI »

Just a heads up,... the Actual Photo for the Wagons and Carts - 6022 Horse Cart entry does not work.

And where is the PHP submissoin link?

Cheers.
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Cyin]Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

I want to let everyone know that the "Submit an Entry" page is up and running. Please make sure you fill in all boxes correctly. Be carefull not to submit the same entry multiple times. Each entry will be checked by admins and then place on a "Entries" page. We are still working on writing that and a few other technical difficulties.

http://www.classic-castle.com/events/co ... /index.php
Since admins do have to review entries before they go live, it may take anywhere between a couple of hours to a couple of days till your entry is online. Be patient. The main idea is to have all the entries up around the time the contest ends and a while before we announce the winners.

Ben E.
Contest Admin
Last edited by architect on Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blueandwhite
CC Mascot Maker

Post by Blueandwhite »

Um, this is my first time writing on this board. I must commend the administration for organizing the second CCC but I noticed that the "submit an entry" form doesn't include seige weapons. I was wondering when the entry page will be updated.
Glencaer
Marquis d'Krakhed

Post by Glencaer »

Blueandwhite wrote:Um, this is my first time writing on this board. I must commend the administration for organizing the second CCC but I noticed that the "submit an entry" form doesn't include seige weapons. I was wondering when the entry page will be updated.
I see it as the first one on the Submit page.

-Lenny
===
the vaulted dome of
a temple of happiness. "
~-Milan Kundera-~
Blueandwhite
CC Mascot Maker

Post by Blueandwhite »

Yeah, sorry about that. When I first tried to submit, Seige Weapons wasn't listed. Maybe it was just me.
Glencaer
Marquis d'Krakhed

Post by Glencaer »

Blueandwhite wrote:Yeah, sorry about that. When I first tried to submit, Seige Weapons wasn't listed. Maybe it was just me.
It might have not been there and James or Ben fixed it as soon as they saw your post. But anyways, fixed now.

-Lenny
===
the vaulted dome of
a temple of happiness. "
~-Milan Kundera-~
TheBohrok
Artisan

Post by TheBohrok »

When I click the "Entries" link, it takes me to the "Submit an Entry" page. Is it supposed to do that, or is there a problem?
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

First, we did forget to add the siege weapons category. As Lenny said, it is now up. I mentioned in one of my previous posts that we are still working on making dynamic entries pages and an administrative system. Because of this:

The Entries page is not up now and will not be up for some time.

The world is not ending. Neither is this contest for two months. Many of the people asking questions were not around here for last years contest. Back then, Anthony hand coded the entries page and the individual entries were added when he got to them. This year it will be semi-automated, but the entries will still take time to be posted. Do not expect this system to be in place for atleast a week at the earliest. Sorry about the inconvenience, but we are setting up this new system for the first time.

Ben E.
Contest Admin
JoshWedin
Chevalier de Chèvre

Post by JoshWedin »

Hey Ben,

Thanks for the information. You guys are doing a great job! Take your time...some of my MOCs won't be ready for a month at least. :)

Take care,
Josh
AFOL and his money are easily parted.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/ak_brickster/8 ... hotostream][img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8252/85336074 ... 2a10_t.jpg[/img][/url] [url=http://www.Brothers-Brick.com]The Brothers Brick[/url]
Azaghal
Landlord

Post by Azaghal »

That Da Vinci category is a great idea. I have two questions about other categories:

Outlaw Hideout: The rules say that the structure must "fit on a 16x32 base or smaller" My question is, if the hideout fits on a base that size, can it be presented on a bigger base? I ask this because I have an idea for this category, but the idea would have to be on a blue baseplate and I only have a 32x32.(Irrelevent side note: Do any sets besides the Wolfpack tower have a blue 16x32 baseplate?)

Brick Built Beasts: The rules read like the beast has to be fierce ("attack your kingdom"). Is this so?

Thanks!
Glencaer
Marquis d'Krakhed

Post by Glencaer »

Azaghal wrote:That Da Vinci category is a great idea. I have two questions about other categories:

Outlaw Hideout: The rules say that the structure must "fit on a 16x32 base or smaller" My question is, if the hideout fits on a base that size, can it be presented on a bigger base? I ask this because I have an idea for this category, but the idea would have to be on a blue baseplate and I only have a 32x32.(Irrelevent side note: Do any sets besides the Wolfpack tower have a blue 16x32 baseplate?)
I'll wait for Ben to answer this - he's got a better understanding of those rules than I do.
Brick Built Beasts: The rules read like the beast has to be fierce ("attack your kingdom"). Is this so?
Nope, it can be a kind beast if you will. We provided that text as a possible inspiration to you.

-Lenny
===
the vaulted dome of
a temple of happiness. "
~-Milan Kundera-~