Wow! Dave O builds a 3C Gate!

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
DaveOhare01
Apprentice

Wow! Dave O builds a 3C Gate!

Post by DaveOhare01 »

*laugh* Yeah, just starting on the 3C MOCs before I have to move. Here is the pic

And the main link on Brickshelf is: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=65317

Let me know what you think!

Dave
Lego Knight Matt
Gong Farmer

very nice

Post by Lego Knight Matt »

now that is a work of art, wondeful detail work there, i really like the flames and the chains
Did you know that it is perfectly leagal to shoot a scotsman with a long bow within the walls of York?!?
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

I love it! It is so nice and pretty!

DM
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
DaveOhare01
Apprentice

And not black!

Post by DaveOhare01 »

And NOT all black! How about that! *grin*

Dave
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

I like the use of chains around the pillars, It has a real dynamic look. The angled black brick in the walls look great, how did you do it? And once again I am wishing I had a few of those grey turret pieces, they make great caulrons and firepits. Thanks for sharing Dave,

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
DaveOhare01
Apprentice

Angled Walls

Post by DaveOhare01 »

Will --

For the angled walls, I built a 'frame' for the bricks to rest in. Really that just means there is a 1-brick wide slot through the surrounding bricks. The wall section is at a 45-degree angle and you just have to build the 'frame' in enough so the jagged edge does not show.

Two problems with building this style of wall, I've learned. First is it takes a lot of bricks. Second is the black stripes are not really (a) the same width and (b) the same length, etc. So, the X's in the wall don't look quite as good as I'd hoped. In the Brickshelf gallery there is a pic of the back of the gateway where I hoped you could see the detail a bit better. Here is the pic and the link: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=65317

Dave O
DaveOhare01
Apprentice

Ball turret

Post by DaveOhare01 »

Oh,

Will -- here is the link on Bricklink for the Ball Turret sockets. http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?pg= ... &invType=F

The cost is between 20 and 30 cents. The other parts I used for the flame cauldron were: a flame, a 1x1 black cylinder (sp?) and a 2x2 disc with the rounded bottom. The disc allows the frame assembly to stand up pretty well iin the turret housing -- although when you move your MOC you will see all the flames tilt over. Pretty funny actually. BUT, you can also simulate wind (to some degree) by tilting the flames and providing additoinal visual conf with flags, etc.

Dave O
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

Thanks for the links and the info Dave. I may have to get a few of those turrets once my account recovers from a crazy armor purchase I did.

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.