Oldie but Goodie #5: Devil's Gap

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
footsteps
Tastes good with ketchup

Oldie but Goodie #5: Devil's Gap

Post by footsteps »

Okay, we're back in Castle MOCs again.

Pawel Nazarewicz is another one of my Firsters. He gets the moniker for the gate mechanism used in Devil's Gap. It was the first MOC where I saw a minifig scale working mechanism, rather than the regular Lego approach of "pull this big brick out".

Also, Pawel's "Verneer Chronicles" was among the first storylines I came across related to Lego.

He has other cool creations on his site too. But beware, I came across some annoying pop-ups insisting that I install some kind of "sidebar window" thingy, and it took a lot of clicking to get it to go away. I'm not sure if that's all Pawel's doing, or a function of the webhoster -- annoying nonetheless.

Also, the "Back Home" link on his Devil's Gap pages takes you to a defunct home site. His new home is here.

Alan

edited because I mispelled Verneer
Last edited by footsteps on Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a human BEING, not a human doing!
The two most important days of your life are the day you are born
and the day you discover why. (Donald Sensing)
One plus one equals three... for large values of one. (Bruce Fournier)
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

This probably should have gone in Oldy but Goody #1, but this is the first time I've come across the threads. I really like this idea. Its nice to see some of the older MOCs.

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by ottoatm »

I remember this site - this was one of the first MOCs I saw also, I was definately impressed - good post! 8)
Knight Templar
n. pl. Knights Templars or Knights Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

[url=http://legelot.50webs.com/mainPages/myStory.html]My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot![/url]
[url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World]CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild[/url]
The Blue Knight
Merchant

Post by The Blue Knight »

Indeed Alan, an oldie. After Ed Boxer's page, this was the second Lego site I visited my nascent computer days. Thanks for the Memory Lane trip.
Men who lie, merely hide the truth; but men who tell half-lies, have forgotten where they put it--Samuel Clemens
Sir Drake
Archer

Post by Sir Drake »

That's one nice MOC you've got there. I really like that mechanism to lower the gates.
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

Hmm.....I remeber when I was a SW fan and not yet a member of this site, I stumbled upon this site by . It's one of the hings that got me back into castle and made me joind this site. Though of course the only reason I came upon this site is because of Brcikshlef when I was searching for LOTR MOCs.

Ok, back onto the Subject. This is a cool MOC for sure. I like the gate mechanism, great creativity.
Space rocks.