Sword'd!

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
sklar
Serf

Sword'd!

Post by sklar »

Hey all. You probably don't remember me, on account of I never really post here, I mostly just lurk from time to time, I'm more of a spacer. But the other day in French class, my teacher said our big project for this term (counting for 50% of the term’s mark) will be to write out a script for a short theater production. And after that, we have to act out (on film or in front of the class) the play we wrote. Props, costumes, and all. When I heard we needed props and such, I instantly thought to myself “I am so being a ninj4.” And ninj4 have sword. And I don’t have sword, so I built one! At first it was going to be a Katana, curved blade and whatnot, but after several instable curved designs, I decided to go with a regular straight blade. Now, you’re probably all thinking “Enough sensless babbling, Matthew! We want pictures!”. And to that I say, “Hold on, man! Let me finish my sensless babbling!”. So.... Okay, I’m done.
Full Brickshelf Gallery.

I made this three days ago, and yesterday I made some changes to the scabbard, although I've got a few more little things planned (like some 'engravings' on top of the scabbard), but for now, it's pretty much finished.
Comments/Critisism wanted. Got an idea to help me spruce her up? Say it. Got a comment on my hair? Say it. Comment on my pretty jeans? Go ahead. Oh, and also, if you have any ideas to spruce up the hilt, I'm all ears.
Glencaer
Marquis d'Krakhed

Post by Glencaer »

I love human-scale lego mocs! Especially swords!!

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=527960

Excellent work on a scabbard and everything, including the geeky self-portrait. ;)

-Lenny
===
"The sound of laughter is like
the vaulted dome of
a temple of happiness. "
~-Milan Kundera-~
erikut
Steward

Post by erikut »

i saw it yesterday and taugth when the heck is this guy supposed to join here and post it. if you hadent podted it i definantly would have posted it.

Erik
sklar
Serf

Post by sklar »

Thanks for the replies, guys. Image

Len, you know, I actually used your sword for some inspiration, you know, see where to start. I was sorta surprised when I couldn't really find any other human-scale swords, the only ones I saw were yours, and the one called "Ferahm's Leech", or something similar.
Sir Terrance
Councilor

Post by Sir Terrance »

Looks great! The scabbard is a really nice touch. It would be awesome to see someone build a shield and helm to go with it.

~Chris Perron
Check out my Brickshelf gallery here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=thebrickbin
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

boy what is it with you spacers and your giant swords?? :lol:
awesome job dude. I especially like the scabbard.