Apprentice

Post by Rosh.Gonff »

function looks tons better in my opionion
Gonff Prince of Mousethieves

You say you will fight to the last man. I have more last men then you
Lord Mikal
Archer

Post by Lord Mikal »

Thanks for the wagon design, I'm going to build one for myself now....

I voted for form. The small back wheels look really funny, and that (to me) overrides any compunction to make them actually roll. Besides, it can just slide around.
footsteps wrote:Would a tile work as a side-shelf? Then the stud problem would disappear.
The tile would also fall off. The studs on the side hook onto the round part of the bracket to keep it in place.
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=mikal1]My Brickshelf[/url]
Azure, a saltire cantoned with a star in chief and in base and two crescents addorsed in the flanks, argent.
Sir Nelson
Old Wizard

Post by Sir Nelson »

I vote function.

The big wheels DO look a tad better, but if they don't work (that is, if you can't play with the MOC) then that's not too good.

Also, like most modern automobiles, I think it just makes more sense to keep the wheels all of the same size.
"Old Wizards never die, nor fade away. They just kind of operate behind the scenes and in the shadows... doing all of their weird and wonderful Wizardy things and whatnot."
Dragonlord Esq.
Reeve

Post by Dragonlord Esq. »

Personally I think the second one looks better than the first. The design of the cart is flawless. Great job!
Jojo
Master

Re: A cart in two versions

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

footsteps wrote:Would a tile work as a side-shelf? Then the stud problem would disappear.
Unfortunately there are no 1×10 tiles. The cart would be 2 studs shorter. In that case I'd prefer small wheels anyway.

And yes, it's a real downer that the big wheels don't turn properly. I'm still able to sleep, though...

Bye
Jojo
 This is just the sort of nonsense up with which I will not put.
Winston Churchill
Tedward
Squire

Post by Tedward »

I voted function because either version looks great! :D

As for NOT playing with it, what's up with that? :? I may not play with my creations much but you at least gotta move'em around a bit to "test" 'em.

That would be like building a cool mini-fig scale car without functional wheels. :P
Jacob C.
Councilor

Post by Jacob C. »

Function definitely!
With most wagons, bigger wheels in the back do look a little better but on this wagon it doesn't.
In fact the bigger wheels in the back are a little higher than the side of the wagon which makes it look kinda weird.
Stick with the smaller wheels!
[url=http://www.majhost.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=RabbitSpook]My Majhost Gallery[/url]

[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=RabbitSpook]My Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
psu_ericksen
Foot Soldier

Post by psu_ericksen »

Long ago, I would have said Form since I was mostly concerned with how a MOC looked. However, after seeing many MOCs and reading their critiques, I’ve learned to appreciate what it takes to make a truly great MOC. Now I spend quite a bit of time (probably too much) rebuilding MOCs to make them “work” or come out just right. So now I have to go with Function. Isn’t that why we build interiors? To make buildings more interesting and to differentiate them with Function? It used to bother me that the community “standard” was that all levels of a castle had to be accessible (except for interiors – that just makes sense). To me, thinks like trap doors at the top of towers were always implied. However, it just takes a few minutes and a few pieces to make them accessible and look finished.

Sean
"All my life I've had one dream...to acheive my many goals." - HJS

Visit my Brickshelf gallery.
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=108432
DarkDotDotDotMan
Laborer

Post by DarkDotDotDotMan »

I vote Function. Why? Simply because ... like Tedward
said, you gotta play with it, at least a little..
And besides, what good is having it, if you don't play with it?