Jousting Knights for BrickFest

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
bannear
Artisan

Post by bannear »

This is a great idea. I will try and make a few for the NWBrickCon 2005. I think it would be great to make up half a dozen and have a tournament - now how do you hop up a wind up motor? :lol:
Cheers.
SirBert.
Bert Annear
Bert's Brick's
http://www.BrickLink.com/store.asp?p=bannear
Norro
Councilor

Post by Norro »

JoshWedin wrote:
Glencaer wrote:I didn't know that pull back motors were so rare. You should be able to grab them for fairly cheap - I got one of mine from a $5 racer set.
I didn't know they were rare either. Must just be rare in castle collections. I have a bunch because I bought racer sets for their heads. Some actually have heads that are good for castle stuff.

Josh
Well there aren't many castle sets as good as this:
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/?q=4595_1&v=z ;-)

God Bless,

Nathan
Bloody Jay
Foot Soldier

Post by Bloody Jay »

I have an odd question that I've been thinking about for a while. I see all these MOCs with nice white backgrounds that don't have any sharp corners or horrible glare. What's the right setup for this?

Oh, and very nice MOCs, LEGO should've done that in the joust set...
Glencaer
Marquis d'Krakhed

Post by Glencaer »

Bloody Jay: Here's a shot of the photo set up I use. I added some descriptions so that you can duplicate it. I paid $10 for both of my lamps and $4 for light bulbs. The biggest problem most people have (including me) is keeping a photo area clean. Usually I have to push aside loose LEGO so that I can get a clean shot.

Hope that helps, and thanks for the comments.

-Lenny
===
"The sound of laughter is like
the vaulted dome of
a temple of happiness. "
~-Milan Kundera-~
Bloody Jay
Foot Soldier

Post by Bloody Jay »

Ohhhhhh, they bend the paper! Ok, that helps a lot, thanks. Now all I have to do is find a piece of paper big enough...