Preview - Ulmaris Castle

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Lord Mikal
Archer

Post by Lord Mikal »

Well, my army's not attacking this... ever...

Actually, this looks pretty impregnable period. The moat keeps away seige towers and ladders, the drawbridge keeps out battering rams... And it's big enough to withstand a seige for maybe a month. A dragon is probably the only thing in your world that could hurt this.
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=mikal1]My Brickshelf[/url]
Azure, a saltire cantoned with a star in chief and in base and two crescents addorsed in the flanks, argent.
Sir-Boris
Laborer

Post by Sir-Boris »

This is HUGE...looks like a nice place for my army :wink: ...maybe I'll lay seige to it :twisted:

Keep up the great work Anthony.

Nate
Imagination is more important than knowledge, for knowledge is limited while imagination embraces the entire world.
- Albert Einstein
Gumby
Steward

Post by Gumby »

Wow looks great! The mottling is nice and random.

Why do I get the feeling you're gonna populate this sucker with Crusaders?
-Bryan
Ayden
Apprentice

Post by Ayden »

ho-hol-holy crap man! tht thing is huge
porschecm2
Councilor

Post by porschecm2 »

Lord Mikal wrote:A dragon is probably the only thing in your world that could hurt this.
And of course, we all know there's none of those in Ikros, thankfully!

Cm2
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/porschecm ... onal.1.png[/img]
Think twice. Post once.
Constructum excellentia!
Sir Terrance
Councilor

Post by Sir Terrance »

Looks great! I love all the angled wall sections and the size is very impressive! Awesome!

~Chris Perron
Check out my Brickshelf gallery here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=thebrickbin
Dusty
Apprentice

Post by Dusty »

WOW!
erikut
Steward

Post by erikut »

Well to quote the migthy jedi master Yoda
Yoda (not Wrote but said) wrote:MINE!
:lol: :lol:

Well as the matter of fact this was worth the hype + three more.

Youre really good at this Tony.

Erik
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

You know, if you slap on some corridor connections, Ulmaris would make an impressive Moonbase Module! :wink: :twisted:
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
venvorskar
Bailiff

Post by venvorskar »

WOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!!!!!!!! That is the biggest castle that i have seen in my entire life! I would only consider laying siege to it with my army if my siege tower was built with almost all my bricks, and my army was made up of ten thousand minifigs. :D

Duke_Dave wrote: can't wait for it to be part of the story.

I agree!
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

venvorskar wrote:I would only consider laying siege to it with my army if my siege tower was built with almost all my bricks!
Bah, who needs siege engines? No castle can withstand my ULTIMATE WEAPON!

:twisted:

BTW, Tony, uber-sweet castle. I can't wait 'til it's complete!
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
porschecm2
Councilor

Post by porschecm2 »

Haha, that's great Nate! :lol:

Cm2
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/porschecm ... onal.1.png[/img]
Think twice. Post once.
Constructum excellentia!
SavaTheAggie
Lord Sava of Aggie

Re: Preview - Ulmaris Castle

Post by SavaTheAggie »

JoshWedin wrote:Congrats on the new addition to the Sava family! Was labor difficult? :) Awesome job, Anthony! You have surpassed yourself. It is good to see this finished.

Josh

PS. With your skill, you really should think about building something big...

:wink:
Labor was planned, and though it lasted almost 450 hours, it wasn't as difficult as expected.

I always like to strive to surpass my previous MOCs, I'm glad to know you think I have!
Jojo wrote:Hello!

Yes, Tony, that's very cool, and it makes the hype worthwhile.
And what's that picture in the background, the wolves howling at the Saturn?

Bye
Jojo
Thanks! The picture is a glow in the dark puzzle my wife gave me. I love everything wolf, and she couldn't pass it up.
psu_ericksen wrote:What is that? Bley? :lol:
Actually there is some bley in the castle. Where is it? The four chains that hold the drawbridge are dark bley. Everything else is 100% classic.
Jacob C. wrote:Very, very nice!
Im glad you chose to mottle in dark gray bricks.
It gives the castle a nice over-all look.
Judging by the size of this, you must have an awesome lego collection!
Thanks! This is my second attempt at mottling, I was pretty nervous about it, as my previous attempt failed horribly. My collection is pretty big (4,250 classic light grey 2x4s, nearly 5,000 2x2s of the same), but not near as big as some of those train guys.
Graynar wrote::shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Man, this is incredible! You must have a lot of time to practice your building skills. I can't wait to see which soldiers you chose to garrison it with! :D

I wonder how much of your grey Lego supply this castle took up. :lol:

I hope this masterpiece appears in the Kingdom of Ikros!
Most of my building skills comes from studying other people's MOCs. The cross shaped windows comes from Daniel Siskind's Vlad Castle (whether or not he was the first to do it), the 1x2x2 and 1x2x3 panels as archer loops comes from Robert Carney's designs, and a whole sleuce of other design elements that I have put into the castle from a huge number of sources.

As for soldiers, I havent' decided. My greatest number of soldiers are the Crusaders and their allies (Royal Knights, KK1), but with my newly aquired Black Falcons, who knows.

As for what I have left, very little! It has taken a surprising number of bricks, even after all of the pre-calculations I made prior to building.
Lord Mikal wrote:Well, my army's not attacking this... ever...

Actually, this looks pretty impregnable period. The moat keeps away seige towers and ladders, the drawbridge keeps out battering rams... And it's big enough to withstand a seige for maybe a month. A dragon is probably the only thing in your world that could hurt this.
The castle also boasts a salley port that leads to a boat dock. The moat (in my imagination) is river fed, so not only is filling it in hard to do, but supplies can be readily sent to the castle even under siege, providing the river hasn't been blockaded.

It also has a well and two cisterns, thus providing all the fresh water the castle could need.
Gumby wrote:Wow looks great! The mottling is nice and random.

Why do I get the feeling you're gonna populate this sucker with Crusaders?
Thanks! As I said, this was my second attempt at mottling, so I'm glad that it looks decent enough :)

As for the soldiers, who knows. If I add my 16 barbie blue Jayko pawns and 6-7 Jayko knights to my black falcons (as Jayko's emblem is a bird/falcon-like), I may have enough to fortify my castle with them (black falcons). But I certainly have plenty of crusaders (and the flags that accompany them) to give the castle to them.

--Anthony
[url=http://www.ikros.net][img]http://www.ikros.net/links/ikrosbuttonsmall.jpg[/img][/url]

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

SavaTheAggie wrote:As for the soldiers, who knows. If I add my 16 barbie blue Jayko pawns and 6-7 Jayko knights to my black falcons (as Jayko's emblem is a bird/falcon-like), I may have enough to fortify my castle with them (black falcons).
Argh. Gasp. Do you say that to torture me?
Your castle is too good to screw it up with the wrong choice of faction.

DON'T!

Bye
Jojo

This is just the sort of nonsense up with which I will not put.
Winston Churchill
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

Jojo wrote:Hello!

SavaTheAggie wrote:As for the soldiers, who knows. If I add my 16 barbie blue Jayko pawns and 6-7 Jayko knights to my black falcons (as Jayko's emblem is a bird/falcon-like), I may have enough to fortify my castle with them (black falcons).
Argh. Gasp. Do you say that to torture me?
Your castle is too good to screw it up with the wrong choice of faction.

DON'T!

Bye
Jojo

Yeeeessssss! Do it! We wants to see baby blue men with Falcon shields!

Now, that is one amazing castle...I'd like to see anyone try to attack that. Is this part of the Ikros story? I presume so...

- Matt