My First Published Mocs!

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Dragon Master
Merchant

My First Published Mocs!

Post by Dragon Master »

Here are my contest entries. The quality of the photographs is terrible, and there are only 3 of each for the contest. Hopefully when I get a better camera you'll see them in a new light (literally).

The CCC compadible Church

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=69443

And the Winery

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=69444

Thanks,

DM
the_great_one
Artisan

Post by the_great_one »

very good, Dragon master, i like the cross on the interior of the church it looks like stained glass

TGO
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

Thanks for the feedback. Many people do that technice using the transparent bricks for stained glass.

Thanks Again,

DM
the_great_one
Artisan

Post by the_great_one »

The winery is good it looks like it is from a small village somewhere. those tudor style wall sections are great i have 2, not very many!!
akochan
Villein

Post by akochan »

Love the grape vines. Maybe when they grow some more you can build a trellis for them out for 1xX plates.

I sure wish someone would ldraw some of those peasant hoods....

-Andy
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

The winery is good it looks like it is from a small village somewhere. those tudor style wall sections are great i have 2, not very many!!
I only have two also. I really want the red ones, I missed out on Guarded Inn. The pieces are good for the Tudor look if you don't have many pieces.
Love the grape vines. Maybe when they grow some more you can build a trellis for them out for 1xX plates.

I sure wish someone would ldraw some of those peasant hoods....

-Andy
Thanks, I made use of purple bricks in the grape vines. I didn't have the right pieces to do that technique with the Trellises. And yes the peasant hoods rule. I only have one though :cry:

DM
Bricksidge
Philosopher-King of the Gong Farmers

Post by Bricksidge »

Really cool stuff here, great first published MOC's. The vines, as others have mentioned, are awesome. Good luck in the contest!
~[url=http://www.neutronbot.com/kevin/]Kevin Blocksidge[/url]
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

Thanks Kevin, I'll try to get better pictures of the vines soon. The house also has an interior, I'll get that up soon.

Thanks Guys,

DM
Barbapple
Steward

Post by Barbapple »

I have one problem. It isn't called a "winery" It is called a "Vinyard"
akochan
Villein

Post by akochan »

Actually the term Winery applies to the buildings (or in the case of Gallo 'the factory') where they have the fermentation casks or tanks and do all the bottling (or in the case of Gallo 'the boxing'). So in this case it's still quite accurate.

-Andy
jeff_o_rama
Laborer

Post by jeff_o_rama »

Nice MOCs, but.............

Where are the dragons? And Majisto?

:D -Jeff
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

Thats exactly what I was thinking... Where are the Dragons?

I like the cross on the roof, very unique, I don't think I have seen one like that before. It looks like a nice simple church that you would see in a small hamlet.

The winery is great and I may steal some of the vine ideas for a gardener's house.

Nice work DM. :D

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

I have one problem. It isn't called a "winery" It is called a "Vinyard"
akochan got that one. The building inside has casks of wine fermenting. The wife of the Winemaker is inside crusing the grapes (I guess that would make her the winemaker then). I could only put 3 for the contest so the interior is not shown, hopeully it will be up soon.

The vines for the grapes were modeld after the ones that grow naturally around my house. They are not on trelisses but grow like buses with many leaves and vines. I noticed the other technique after the fact.

And for the Dragons and Wizards...they will come...

DM
Barbapple
Steward

Post by Barbapple »

Barbapple wrote:I have one problem. It isn't called a "winery" It is called a "Vinyard"
This is my 250th post at classic-castle.
I have decided to put this milestone post in the same place as my first. (It took me a real long time to find it)

That being the case, I will also comment again on these mocs, that appear to have been eraced from brickshelf. I will have to go from memory.

The graveyard is very nice, allthough It could have used a gravedigger halfway into a pit...
Also, I cannot remember the church at all.
Sir Terrance
Councilor

Post by Sir Terrance »

Everytime I click the link is says 'folder not found' what should I do? They sound so good, and I want to see them...