Citadel of Orlan

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Dark_Avenger
Villein
Location: Look out your window. See the guy running around naked? That's me.

Citadel of Orlan

Post by Dark_Avenger »

I’m pretty sure this is the first expanded Citadel of Orlan. I modified mine at the end of the school year to fit the storyline. I actually took these photos a month and a half ago, but never felt energetic enough to put in the speech bubbles. I wrote a script combining largely the online episodes they have at the KK2 website, and a little extra of my own to incorporate the crumbling floor room and change around how they enter the staircase. Hope y’all enjoy.

Before you go clicking all these links, check if the folder is public yet. It’ll be more convenient to view the comic. Please excuse any typos you happen to find. Doing 48 panels in a row gets kinda of tiring. For the time being…

28 (Make sure you notice the menacing shadow on the wall!)
(Inform me if any links don’t work.)

As always, I’d love to hear what you guys think of it. Good? Bad? Inconceivably terribly? Speak your mind!
I'd give the LEGO Company a pat on the back if I could. Thank you for the excellent sets. You are truely going in the right direction.
Sir Terrance
Councilor

Post by Sir Terrance »

Looks great! I haven't read the comics so I can't comment if they are accurate or not, but they are very nicely done. Too bad the set wasn't like that. :D The shadow of the snake is a very nice touch. Thanks for writing the story out, now I sort of understand the KK2 plot.

~Chris Perron
Check out my Brickshelf gallery here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=thebrickbin
lil Jon
Merchant

Post by lil Jon »

Nice comic, I just finished reading all of it.

Is everything in the comic inside of your MOC? I couldnt tell.
It's a Christmas Miracle!
Dark_Avenger
Villein

Post by Dark_Avenger »

Every shot is taken from within the model. However, I cheated on the serpent corridor; I rearranged the hall segments to give myself a longer path to shoot on.
I'd give the LEGO Company a pat on the back if I could. Thank you for the excellent sets. You are truely going in the right direction.
The Hordesman
Merchant

Post by The Hordesman »

lil Jon wrote:Is everything in the comic inside of your MOC? I couldnt tell.
Chapter 7, if I remember right.

Awesome MOC! Its really huge! Will you be working on the tournament too? :D
[url=http://s14.invisionfree.com/brick_central/index.php?act=idx]Brick Central[/url]
[url=http://s13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World.php?act=idx]Castle World, for your Lego castle stories![/url]
Dark_Avenger
Villein

Post by Dark_Avenger »

No, Hordesman, I most certainly will not be working on a tournament arena now. It would be a foolish model to even think of spending time on. Why would you even suggest that when I already have one built since the end of May? :wink:

But seriously, yeah, my workplace (AKA, the basement back room by pumps, pipes, and air conditioning) is literally flooded with Bionicle stuff. I have a slew of it on the table, and two big spills of pieces on the floor. So once I finish what I'm working on with those, I can finally clean up and take some pictures of my tournament arena. I really doubt I'll do another comic thing (I did it with this one because the Citadel is naturally full of traps and contraptions and what-not, and I thought it would be the best way to present everything), but we'll see. What's most likely is that I'll take some shots of the model alone, then I'll stick in Jayko, Vladek, and an audience, and photograph a fight. Dialogue isn't likely, and I know I won't be following the web comic like I did with the Citadel. I'll be taking several liberties so I can work in some more jousting, some more down-and-dirty swordplay, and maybe some axe-on-pike action.
Graynar
Gentleman

Post by Graynar »

Hi guys!

I happily await the next exiting episode of your story! Well done!

One thing, how come you didn't give our colorfull friends their mighty sheilds?
Dark_Avenger
Villein

Post by Dark_Avenger »

The shields are mondo, and as you saw, some of those shots required squeezing the knights together as tight as I could. Didn't want shields there to clutter it up.