Autumn Scene by Sir Nelson

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Sir Nelson
Old Wizard

Post by Sir Nelson »

Wow! Thanks for all of the great comments... especially for a vignette I did not even make an annoucement on!

The brooms are indeed from set #4719, and peeron.com says they are "earth orange". Apparently, they have been available in that color since 1982!!

The brooms are held in place by a lego rubber band, and they surround this piece (in Dark Orange), also from the same set:

The scarecrow was pretty easy to build. I just wanted to have it's arms extended. Only one pumpkin on the ground has a jack-o-lantern face... I threw that in for fun!
"Old Wizards never die, nor fade away. They just kind of operate behind the scenes and in the shadows... doing all of their weird and wonderful Wizardy things and whatnot."
Queen Goan
Freeman

Post by Queen Goan »

This is probably my favourite vignette I've seen since discovering the online AFOL community and the concept of the Lego vignette. I absolutely love the colours and autumn feel. It's one of my favourite times of year. We go all out with the Halloween decorating and this makes me want to get started right now!
Tristram
Laborer

Post by Tristram »

Oh, I like this!

Autumn brings feelings inside of me that I can't really put into words, but I'll try. The beauty of leaves changing colors. Having to rake those leaves. The crisp air. That smell in the air. Wood burning in fireplaces. People beginning to dress warmly. Sweaters on pretty ladies! :wink: Halloween. Winter around the corner. The beginning of the end of the year, with Christmas around the corner, and then the new year begins!

All of these things and more flashed in my mind when I saw this vignette. Good job. Sir Nelson! I think you touched on a nerve with a lot of people!
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

Wow I never knew so many people here(myself included) love Autumn. I hope we have the annual spooky Moc competiton. This vig gave me an idea :twisted: