"These are no mindless orcs..."

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
The Blue Knight
Merchant

Post by The Blue Knight »

These are great! I would have thought the troll head more expensive as well. Perfect match of colors, textures and accessories. Nice job.
Men who lie, merely hide the truth; but men who tell half-lies, have forgotten where they put it--Samuel Clemens
Troy T. Moore
Gentleman

Post by Troy T. Moore »

Thank you all for your kind comments.

I was planning on getting some more heads via BL when my waiting period is over, but there will be none left by the sounds of it :lol: I am not allowed to buy any more LEGO, except the Viking Longboat (and maybe Fenris Wolf set) until next year. Yes you heard right, NEXT year, 2006. My wife is very gracious, but I have put a bit on our credit card in the last 18mos thanks to BL, S@H and the ease of PayPal, so we came to this agreement. I am weak....so weak.

Ayden wrote
How much did it cost for all the heads and chess set's?
I bought 4 chess sets, 2 @ 70CDN and 2 @ 50CDN, then I bought a few sets with shadow knights, a few shadow knightgs from BL and troll heads...... You get the idea :wink:
Troy T. Moore
Damien
Grammer Guru

Post by Damien »

I feel your pain Troy. I'm on a similar restriction with my fiance' -- I have to ask permission before buying -anything- remotely related to LEGO.

The only upside is that she loves LEGO too, so I have the bargaining chip of "well I'm getting it for us."
Forge not works of art but swords of death, for therein lies great art.
"The Gods made heavy metal and they saw that it was good." - Manowar
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

Troy T. Moore wrote:Thank you all for your kind comments.

Yes you heard right, NEXT year, 2006. My wife is very gracious, but I have put a bit on our credit card in the last 18mos thanks to BL, S@H and the ease of PayPal, so we came to this agreement. I am weak....so weak.
We are all weak, you should see my activity overview on Bricklink, madness it is! It really doesn't pay to have so many available parts. My wife is no longer feeling gracious either.

Too bad you didn't get all your chess sets @ $50.00 CDN, I managed to get 11 @ $50.00, but then my wife noticed a lot of boxes that looked exactly the same and asked what the heck I thought I was doing...

I am on a cooling off period until S@H has Vikings and then I might go mad again! :twisted:

Anyway back on topic,

I wish I had thought of the troll heads for Uruk-Hai. The shadow knights look great as Uruk-Hai. I wish Darth Maul heads weren't so darn expensive, that is how I envisioned my Uruk-Hai army. Ah well, nice little army you have there. :wink:

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

wlister wrote: I wish Darth Maul heads weren't so darn expensive, that is how I envisioned my Uruk-Hai army. Ah well, nice little army you have there. :wink:

Will
Heck, if you look close at the LOTR:ROTK movie, there IS an orc with Darth Maul markings. And yes, I wanted some more orcs with the Darth Maul face, but the darn thing was expensive when I was originally looking for it, and it has probably doubled in price since then. I did order 40 trolls head yesterday, though.
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
Graynar
Gentleman

Post by Graynar »

He these orcs look great! :D
I wish I had that many shadow knights and HP troll heads.
11 @ $50.00
How'd you get 11 chess sets for $50!? You are lucky! Or very smart, or you have good sources.

Graynar
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Graynar wrote:
11 @ $50.00
How'd you get 11 chess sets for $50!? You are lucky! Or very smart, or you have good sources.
Methinks that's 11 chess sets at $50 each. :wink:
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote:
Graynar wrote:
11 @ $50.00
Methinks that's 11 chess sets at $50 each. :wink:
Yup, I forgot to add the each to that. Man 11 of almost any KKII set for $50.00 would be an excellent deal.

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Sweet!!!

I have orks using the Shadow Knight helms, but it never occurred to me to just convert the Shadow Knights.

They look awesome.

They have MY approval.

~Formendacil,

North-Victor~
boses
Man-At-Arms

Post by boses »

I really like the orcs...the HP troll and Darth Maul heads look perfect, for an

interpretation of the PJ trilogy movies...they fit the grotesue-ness very

well...very nice... :wink:
"Life is a blooming miracle, all wrapped in a package of light, and the hands of God are ever strong for doing what He might..."
---brickshelf---

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=boses
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by ottoatm »

I LOVE this - I never would have thought to use the Troll for scorpians, but the look is very very nice... I might have to swipe this too... I have spent the last year or so thinking how cool the head was to that troll... but how... "interesting" the body was in comparison.

Your army is great! These guys look bad - and the way their faces look with the red and black of the scorpians just screams evil horde.

COOL!
Knight Templar
n. pl. Knights Templars or Knights Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

[url=http://legelot.50webs.com/mainPages/myStory.html]My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot![/url]
[url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World]CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild[/url]
thebusnamedgak
Serf

Post by thebusnamedgak »

I did the exact thing to create my orc/uruk hai type creatures. My army only has about 10 or 15 though, and i didnt use the shadow Knight bodies, or Darth Maul.

But I used the troll heads, and my favorite ones are the ones with frankenstein heads! :D
GO PATRIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GO CELTICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by ottoatm »

thebusnamedgak wrote:But I used the troll heads, and my favorite ones are the ones with frankenstein heads! :D
I think the troll heads look mean, and are very cool... and kind of cheap. But I thought the Frankenstein heads were a little more expensive and maybe not as menacing looking as the troll heads... :?:
Knight Templar
n. pl. Knights Templars or Knights Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

[url=http://legelot.50webs.com/mainPages/myStory.html]My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot![/url]
[url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World]CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild[/url]
thebusnamedgak
Serf

Post by thebusnamedgak »

But I thought the Frankenstein heads were a little more expensive and maybe not as menacing looking as the troll heads...
The frankenstein heads are too expensive to buy in bulk,but, when placed on figures with good armour, I think they work well. If I get a chance I will send in a picture of the figure. The other piece I used for some figures was the Pharoah's head from the Egyptian sets. It's kind of plain, but it can work.
GO PATRIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GO CELTICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!