custom brick-only crossbow men with side quiver...

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

Thanks for posting your MOC. I don't think all the notes about "doing it before" were meant as criticisms, so don't get too hung up about that. I'd probably use the aforementioned L-bracket to balance out the fig rather than the cloak (and might even cut the bracket so nothing sticks out, but that's me).
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
Recluce
Landlord

Post by Recluce »

TwoTonic Knight wrote:Thanks for posting your MOC. I don't think all the notes about "doing it before" were meant as criticisms, so don't get too hung up about that. I'd probably use the aforementioned L-bracket to balance out the fig rather than the cloak (and might even cut the bracket so nothing sticks out, but that's me).
What if you took one of Little Armory's scabbards and attached it to the bracket? That would give you a sword and a crossbow quiver.
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

boses wrote:I don't understand the hostility over a simple Lego quiver...

I only posted the part because someone in another thread suggested the

need for a Lego crossbow quiver, and I wanted share my technique...

I had no idea the part had been published elsewhere, and though it now

seems as if it had, I was unaware of it.I was simply trying to help my

fellow builders out...I post for one reason: to share ideas and techniques in

order to promote and therefore expand the building and creativity of

myself and my fellow builders...

play well
Hey don't feel bad mate. I never knew of this before. I had probably seen it before, but never registered how it was done. Thanks for showing. Its always great to see how bricks can be built differently.

Dan :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
Dunechaser
Councilor

Post by Dunechaser »

Recluce wrote:What if you took one of Little Armory's scabbards and attached it to the bracket? That would give you a sword and a crossbow quiver.
Boses and I are purists, so no Little Armory for us! :wink: (With no offence intended to the fantastic work of modders here and elsewhere.)

Boses, as others have said, this is something others have done before (myself included, about twenty years ago), but that doesn't stop it being a good idea, and one that bears repeating now and then. You've simply demonstrated that great minds think alike! :D Obviously, your intent was never to take credit for someone else's work.

Keep up the enthusiasm, and keep up the good work!
-Andrew B.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/dunechaser/]Flickr[/url] | [url=http://www.brothers-brick.com/]The Brothers Brick[/url]
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Dunechaser wrote:Boses, as others have said, this is something others have done before (myself included, about twenty years ago), but that doesn't stop it being a good idea, and one that bears repeating now and then. You've simply demonstrated that great minds think alike! :D Obviously, your intent was never to take credit for someone else's work.

Keep up the enthusiasm, and keep up the good work!
I would like to second this and repeat my statement. :D
Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote:Everyone else: there's nothing wrong with someone posting an idea that has been done before. It might be new to the person, and that's all that counts. Heck, I remember when I discovered I could stick a plain brick on a minifig torso way back when. I was so thrilled. Then I found the online LEGO community and realised a lot of other people had discovered it as well. :wink:
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Graynar
Gentleman

Post by Graynar »

Hey boses, this idea is new to me and I even used this idea in my story!

I may not reply to all of your mocs but I respect them very much. You have proven many times at how creative you are.

Graynar
Lord Mikal
Archer

Post by Lord Mikal »

Yes, the quiver on the side isn't a new idea (though it's cool that you discovered it by yourself, I saw someone else do it and then used it myself), but I've never seen the plastic cape used to counter-balance it before. I don't liike the gap left between my forestman's left torso and hip, so I'll definitely use your idea.
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=mikal1]My Brickshelf[/url]
Azure, a saltire cantoned with a star in chief and in base and two crescents addorsed in the flanks, argent.
E of Alshire
Merchant

Post by E of Alshire »

Lord Mikal wrote:I've never seen the plastic cape used to counter-balance it before.
It's not very clear in this picture, but you shouldhave. :D

Good job Boses!