Conquering Celtic Heroine Statue

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Recluce
Landlord

Conquering Celtic Heroine Statue

Post by Recluce »

We had the Fall for Fairfax LEGO display this last weekend and I actually built stuff for it! Really my first time free-building castle, and I made two marketplace stalls (one posted here) two carts (one also posted here) and a statue for the center of the town. Everything was built on plates so that they could be placed within the castle walls. It turned out great and I wanted to share this statue Vig. With the exception of the helmet and sword, its all official LEGO, and even uses both Dark grey and Dark Bley, to good effect I think. Anyway, C&C welcome.

Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Yay! Another bley builder! Glad to see grey and bley working in harmony. Nice job, I like it. :)
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

A bodacious Boudicca!
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
Recluce
Landlord

Post by Recluce »

Thanks, both of you. I did like how it looked like Boudiccea, at least all the illustrations I had, and that's what I used as references. Plus, I just love the celts.

As for the Bley and Grey.... honestly, I had no intention of using, bley, but I have lost my bag of dark grey. I think it was appropriated by the other lego user in the house, but who knows.... so I was forced to scavenge, some bley and some dark grey corners I had just got from PAB. Then, I did notice that the statue was in bley, so it really worked out well.

I'm not against bley, but I have a lot more grey than bley.
Norro
Councilor

Re: Conquering Celtic Heroine Statue

Post by Norro »

Recluce wrote:and even uses both Dark grey and Dark Bley, to good effect I think.
Nice MOC. I like the feel of it... Though the bley does stand out...picky,picky,picky...

God Bless,

Nathan (Grey forever)
lil Jon
Merchant

Post by lil Jon »

That is a good MOC. I like the little plack on the front. You used the statue from HP very well.
Good job.
It's a Christmas Miracle!
Damien
Grammer Guru

Post by Damien »

Like I mentioned in the other thread of yours -- I really like this statue. And I still can't put my finger on exactly why.. I just think it looks cool.

(Although, since we're talking about it.. the bley looks weird to me.. maybe because I'm colourblind and the 'bley' actually looks like greenish blue and doesn't appear to really have any grey in it at all... but really, even that doesn't distract from me liking this MOC.)
Forge not works of art but swords of death, for therein lies great art.
"The Gods made heavy metal and they saw that it was good." - Manowar