A Dragon And It's Hoard...

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

A Dragon And It's Hoard...

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Stone Goblin
Bailiff

Post by Stone Goblin »

Cool Dragon! 8)
I love how you made the feet, the spiked mace tail, the larger horns on the back and the longer neck compared to the vikings' version. Great work my Lord. :wink:

Knight:"Give me that gold, dragon"
Dragon:"Try me"
My MOCpages:[url]http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/2746[/url]

Our store(Peppermint Pig and I)
LibertyBRICK:[url]http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=Stone_Goblin[/url]
lil Jon
Merchant

Post by lil Jon »

Oh wow! I was wondering and wondering what his bottom jaw was. It's the wolf's head! I didn't know it came in red. Did you paint it?

My favorite part is the feet, I like the round 1by1's as toes. The only part that bothers me is the technic pieces left holding the wings on, but I understand how that is unavoidable.

Great work.
It's a Christmas Miracle!
kingkastle
Laborer

Post by kingkastle »

lil Jon wrote:Oh wow! I was wondering and wondering what his bottom jaw was. It's the wolf's head! I didn't know it came in red. Did you paint it?
No he didn't paint it, it comes with the Viking Longboat.

Good job by the way. Looks much improved over the official 'viking' 'dragon'.
well I would at least like to think that I'm evil...
Lord Mikal
Archer

Post by Lord Mikal »

Well, I'm not a big fan of the non-poseable legs, but they look very realistic in their current pose. The good thing is that the fingers would still work on a poseable version.
The jaw is infinenely better than TLG's idea, I wonder why they didn't just do this?

How many of those special edition gold bricks is he sitting on? :shock:
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=mikal1]My Brickshelf[/url]
Azure, a saltire cantoned with a star in chief and in base and two crescents addorsed in the flanks, argent.
Loneranger
Landlord

Post by Loneranger »

It looks pretty cool, but the feet look flimsy and the joints don't look like they can move too much. Maybe make better joints?

otherwise it just seems like the dragon is going to sit in that one position. (Which I believe is the case.)

But it does look nice. :)

LR
kingkastle
Laborer

Post by kingkastle »

Lord Mikal wrote: The jaw is infinenely better than TLG's idea, I wonder why they didn't just do this?
:shock:
Actually the jaw made with the red wolf head IS TLGs idea. I know it's made differently in the catapault vs. Nidhogg dragon set but as the mast on the Longboat set this IS how TLG builds it, strange why they wouldnt build both the same but hey it is nice seeing TLG using variety.
well I would at least like to think that I'm evil...
Norro
Councilor

Post by Norro »

Great use of the gold bricks...

God Bless,

Nathan
lil Jon
Merchant

Post by lil Jon »

I did a little research after learning that he didn't paint the wolf's head. Ok, actually I just looked at a picture of the Viking Longboat, and I saw that it came like that. It does look way better.

Nathan, why didn't you add some nice teeth in there on the bottom jaw. That might be kinda cool?
It's a Christmas Miracle!
lego2000
Apprentice

Post by lego2000 »

kingkastle wrote:
Lord Mikal wrote: The jaw is infinenely better than TLG's idea, I wonder why they didn't just do this?
:shock:
Actually the jaw made with the red wolf head IS TLGs idea. I know it's made differently in the catapault vs. Nidhogg dragon set but as the mast on the Longboat set this IS how TLG builds it, strange why they wouldnt build both the same but hey it is nice seeing TLG using variety.
Don't you mean bow?
Snap Dracone
Freeman

Post by Snap Dracone »

*glances at the topic title* Unhand that apostrophe, good sir! ;)

Anyway, as a sculpture, this is neat! I love the front paws, even if they aren't exactly flexible... The neck is great, as are the spines along the back. And I much prefer the wolf-head jaw to the official one for the Nidhogg. Just the back legs need to have the actual legs to make it better, but aside from that, it's great! :D

~ Tiome
What's the point of having a cake if you're not going to eat it?
Glencaer
Marquis d'Krakhed

Post by Glencaer »

Heya Nathan, I just found this on Bshelf. Haha, guess I should read CC more carefully next time.

I like the aesthetic of the dragon, but one of the key parts of TLG's version is the posability, which yours seems to lack. I've been busy with other projects (see the thread in "General LEGO" ;)), but I've been meaning to give my hand at a Nidhogg reconstruction.

One part I do like is seeing how nicely the fenris head looks as a bottom jaw. Definately better than TLG's 2x2 plate with round bit.

-Lenny
===
"The sound of laughter is like
the vaulted dome of
a temple of happiness. "
~-Milan Kundera-~
Shadow
Squire

Post by Shadow »

Good work LOTLego!
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Thanks for the replies, everyone!

Yes, the immobile legs bother me too, but I wanted my dragon to be as dark red as possible, and my dark red collect isn't very big. I really must get that Designer Dino set...

Anyway, when I do get enough parts in dark red, I plan on rebuilding him to be more posable. 8)
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].