Falcon Gate

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Thank you everyone for your feedback. :D
Not to say anything bad about this one, but the City Gate is still my favorite, there is just something that I really like about it.
City Gate is my favorite MOC right now. Once I build something else, that will probably be my new favorite.
It is especially nice to know that we can take some standard sets and know we have the parts to make the variation. I'm not long on "attaboy" messages unless I have something specific to add to the discussion, but...attaboy!
Haha - well I also like to make some moc's that can be built with other pieces. Check out this page of mine for more subsets: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=25430
Instructions like this are hard work, I know, I tried and failed. Great work Ben E.
Thanks Will. I think I have gotten the hang of instructions. Mainly they are very time consuming. The more time you put in the better they look. James has done a wonderful job on his new trebuchet instructions. I appreciate other peoples instructions too. :wink:
I was wondering whatever happined to this set. i remember you guys posting it on lugnet.
K10039 is sold out because the 3739 Blacksmith Shop is sold out from SAH in North America. Hopefully LEGO will make more because I am sure that many of us would buy more.
Have you considered replacing the portculis with a solid plate built gate? perhaps fronted with tiles like the forestman's river fortress
I actually had not thought of this. But I am a sucker for the Portcullis. You may notice that I mimicked the 6080 Portcullis design - for the portcullis and the stone groove that holds it.
You creations are really nice and cool Ben . They look like sets. It's exactly the kind of things I like. I guess they can connect together, and with 6074 for example.
Thanks David. I actually did not attach it to a 6074. I assume that this would work. Perhaps Ranger could try it since my Falcon Gate has been great spoilia for other projects.

My apologies for the massive post! :shock:

Ben
David Girard
Journeyman

Post by David Girard »

It's exactly the same way I create things. I create like sets too. Castle Lego sets is the standard I use. The sets you created are the same size. I'd like to build some of your sets one day. I'll include them in my Lego World if you don't mind. :wink:

I have some creations I made the same way. I'll post them when I'll remake them.