Idea books

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
coyote
Peasant

Idea books

Post by coyote »

Hi!

Well, not sure if this is the right forum (or "castle"?), but I browsed through the brickshelf scans and asked myself, what do you think of the idea books (200, 697, ...) and the castles presented there?

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/?qc=lego/books/ideabooks

Idea book 697 was purchased by me the days back then and I tried to reacreate some of the pictured castles ... tried as good as possible but most depicted buildings weren't complete shown.

Ok, here's my question:
Did the ideas ever inspired you for own MOCs?

697 was btw the only hint for the existence of 6071 Forestmen's Crossing here in Germany.

bye
When in doubt empty the magazine.
Never share a foxhole with someone braver then you are.
If you're short of everything except the enemy, you're in combat.
Don't look conspicuous, it draws fire.
Dusty
Apprentice

Post by Dusty »

I have 260 and I love that book. I sometimes try to recreate the pics but I dont have an abundance of some of the pieces so I go and try to build my ideas and sometimes that book will influence a build.
Linus
Freeman

Post by Linus »

Did the ideas ever inspired you for own MOCs?
Yes, but I have taken most of them apart. :cry:
I sometimes try to recreate the pics but I dont have an abundance of some of the pieces so I go and try to build my ideas and sometimes that book will influence a build.
I do that too!

I think that the most inspirational Idea Book is 260. I think this because it's the only Idea Book that I own and it has some of the coolest ideas in it.
J1A3L5
Steward

260 & 679,

Post by J1A3L5 »

I have the idea books 260 and 697...I don't really like 697 that much, but I love 260. And the forestman smithy instructions they have there...I love that little model, unfortunately I don't have the correct baseplate for it. I don't have any pics, but I remember once making that and then making it larger and that...I loved it. I too have wished I could exactly recreate some of the scenes shown but of course pieces don't allow that...
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hi Co!

The only idea book I ever had as a child was 6000:

A true legend, BTW. TLC should re-release it. They don't even need appropriate grey for it...

However, naturally I was never able to build any of the models shown in this book though I tried to. Only in 2003 I could recreate the great castle scenes:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=53649

Bye
Jojo

David Girard
Journeyman

Post by David Girard »

I had 250 and 260 as a child. I seen 200 on brickshelf and it's a great one too.

Like Jojo, I was unable to build the things on it, except small things. I din't have all the pieces or the good colors. :cry:

One day I'd like to build them...