The Inn at the Bridge (or Thief's Skull Inn)

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
psu_ericksen
Foot Soldier

The Inn at the Bridge (or Thief's Skull Inn)

Post by psu_ericksen »

Loosely based on Lawrence Watt-Evans' The Misenchanted Sword, I present the Inn at the Bridge, also known as the Thief's Skull Inn.
ImagePic=link
Long story short, in order to deter more thieves from trying to steal his magic sword, Valder the Innkeeper placed the head of the thief he killed on a stake outside his inn. Thus, his Inn at the Bridge came to be called the Thief's Skull Inn.

Please let me know what you think.

Sean

P.S. I'm not sure if I'm going to enter this in CCC3. Depending on time and how my other entries turn out, I might enter it in Miscellaneous. But, I'm not sure if I'm ready to "zero in Yahtzee" just yet.
"All my life I've had one dream...to acheive my many goals." - HJS

Visit my Brickshelf gallery.
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=108432
Stone Goblin
Bailiff

Post by Stone Goblin »

Sweet landscape moc. :D

So much cool detail. I love the look of the dock with stairs. The whole moc has a excellent layout. The interior shots look even better. Enter in CCC3 you should(little yoda speak). I wish I had that many food pieces. All I have is some turkey legs. Some of your rooms don't feel as cramped as other mocs' interiors, this I like :) . Simple but nice seats.
Do I see two figs underwear wrestling in a bedroom? :wink:
Love the underground passage way to both houses. Sweet kitchen design.
Great moc Sean. :D
My MOCpages:[url]http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/2746[/url]

Our store(Peppermint Pig and I)
LibertyBRICK:[url]http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=Stone_Goblin[/url]
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

Err... Anyway, really nice MOC. The exterior and landscaping is really good, I really like the bridge you put in there. But then I saw the interior and that´s even cooler. It has a lot of minifigs and action without being too crowded (harder to achieve than it would seem). And you have a ridiculous amount of food pieces ;)

You really should enter it in the CCC, would be perfect for the Medieval Life category.
"Hinc satis elucet maiorem habere uim ad discenda ista liberam curiositatem quam meticulosam necessitatem.”
- Augustinus Hipponensis
mscannell
Serf

Post by mscannell »

Now that is an inn. That has to be the best inn I have seen.
Ristridin
Bailiff

Post by Ristridin »

THIS IS A REALY GOOD GUARDED INN!!!
Woow man, this is realy good work you`ve delivered us.
It also coold be a guarded farm.
CAI
Journeyman

Post by CAI »

Well rounded MOC, looks like a lot of fun. Even though the structures are so much better with detail and such, the steps to the dock really stand out...realistic. Good stuff.

And the traveler on the bridge is a cool touch. Looks like he's head'n for some RnR after a long successful journey.

I keep adding as I look at the pictures....Is that dark traveller in the tavern drinking Absinthe? :D

Cheers!
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Cyin]Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
Sheen
Apprentice

Post by Sheen »

Very nice inn! That has got to be one of the most successful inns I've ever seen. I love the detail and thought you put into every space. May I ask how long you've been working on it?
Sheen

Avatar photo is a small piece of Black Dragon by Alphonse Capone
Luke Everson

Post by Luke Everson »

that inn is pretty cool. I like the dock, and the garden... lots of detail
Shadow
Squire

Post by Shadow »

Good work psu_erickson! 3 times I have started a post and have not completed it to complement your moc :lol: I'm amazed at your detail and composition, you've done a good job :)
psu_ericksen
Foot Soldier

Post by psu_ericksen »

Thanks for the compliments! I worked on it off and on for 3 months. It took me 4 evenings to sort it. Unfortunately, since it took me longer to complete than I thought it would, I'm having to rush my CCC3 entries. In the end, though, I'm pretty happy with it. I tried to cram in as much detail as I could. And it was my first attempt at mottling. I'm really happy with the way the dock and stairs turned out. By pure coincidence, the stairs fit perfectly with the dock, landing, and cliff (height wise). I only modified the cliff side slightly to allow for the stairs to fit closer and for stability.
Stone Goblin wrote:Some of your rooms don't feel as cramped as other mocs' interiors, this I like :) . Simple but nice seats.
I had to keep the seats simple because the inn kept getting bigger and bigger as I planned the layout. Glad you like them. And I think I managed to make the inn look busy without making it look cramped.
CAI wrote:And the traveler on the bridge is a cool touch. Looks like he's head'n for some RnR after a long successful journey.
I like him too. Unfortunately, I noticed too late that I didn't get a close-up of him.
CAI wrote:Is that dark traveller in the tavern drinking Absinthe?
He could be. I can't imagine it being banned in any LEGO kingdom I'd create. :lol:
Ristridin wrote:It also coold be a guarded farm.
I agree. I'll probably use a similar format for future MOCs.

Sean

100th post! Yea! And it only took me a year...

Jim
Apprentice

Post by Jim »

Sean -

That's quite a nice MOC! You really should enter it in the CCC3. Well thought out, and nicely done. :D

Jim
psu_ericksen
Foot Soldier

Post by psu_ericksen »

Stone Goblin wrote:Enter in CCC3 you should(little yoda speak)
Maedhros wrote:You really should enter it in the CCC
Jim wrote:You really should enter it in the CCC3.
Done, and done. :wink:

Gallery when mod'ed: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=160265

Actually, I ran out of time. :cry: I took Tuesday off from work to finish my entries, but I ended up spending 14 hours battling a virus on my wife's computer. :evil: What I wouldn't do for some more time...

Sean

Norro
Councilor

Post by Norro »

Absolutely Brilliant! Well worth looking back through old posts for! I love almost every aspect, especially the nicely considered height of the hill and the half bridge... excellent work.

God Bless,

Nathan