What kind of army?

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Remyth
Trade King
Location: At the corner of Nowhere Avenue and Not Close to Anything Street

Post by Remyth »

My amries are saxon-like. I try to make them look as Medieval as I can.
Have a great day, Thomas
amadeus
Apprentice

Post by amadeus »

12th century Golden Horde members. My army that I use on my castles in french though. But My army that I would battle with would be my horse archers, and heavy seige weapons.
The Hordesman
Merchant

Post by The Hordesman »

Great topic! Notice, they are fantasy but their cultures are inspired by the following:

Fright Knights- Wallachian (Romanian)
Shadow Knights- Various Human cultures/PJ Orc hybrid
Royal Knights- Celtic/Saxon/British Imperial hybrid
KK1- Briton
BK & DM- Goths/Roman hybrid
Morcia (KK2)- Franks
Rageesh(Armada+Arabs)- Moors/Spanish hybrid
Black Falcon- Poland/German/Russian hybrid
Bulls- Heavily inspired by Conan the Barbarian!
Wolfpack- Goths (mercenaries)
Snake People- Heavily inspired by Conan the Barbarian!

The rest- mongols, vikings, samurais etc. are simply of the same nationality as usual, but samurais and ninjas hail from an empire only known as the Shogunate, and the vikings hail from a number of small kingdoms (Svea, PØLSERIKET and Sauna, etc) all parodies of scandinavian countries and their stereotypes.
[url=http://s14.invisionfree.com/brick_central/index.php?act=idx]Brick Central[/url]
[url=http://s13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World.php?act=idx]Castle World, for your Lego castle stories![/url]
ragnarok
Bailiff

Post by ragnarok »

My LEGO universe is trying to represent some medieval reality except for the ghosts and skeletons (no unemployment allowed :lol: ) with fractions based on crests and ethnical identity:

Largest group - Londris includes:
1. Londria (the southern empire) - Crusaders, Royal Knights, KK I and KK II Lion Crests; inspired by Byzanthine and the Balkan Slavic states (colour scheme: red/white, blue/white)
2. Lorein (semi-independant principality) - forestmen, peasants, green wizzards; inspired by the downfall of the abovementioned (colour scheme: green, brown)

Second largest - Vals, includes:
1. Valonia (the northern empire) - Black Knights, Dragon Masters; inspired in some ways by the kingdom of Charlemagne and the Holly Roman Empire (colour scheme: red/black, yellow/black)
2. Rem (separatist mountain county) - Wolf Pack; inspired by what s.o. will call a rogue state (colour scheme: black/brown)
3. Shem (the classic home of evil cults) - Fright Knights, Ghosts, Skeletons, Black Magicians, some Ninja guys; inspired by some of the Conan stories (colour scheme: black, grey)
4. ......Vladek & Co. will fit somewhere here

Third in the line - Groths, includes:
Homgroth (an independent theocratic republic) - Black Falcons, Blue Magicians, some Ninja; inspired by some game-books and in some way by the Papal state (colour scheme: blue)

The last fraction - Khardas, includes:
Khardalia (a tribal union) - Bulls, Vikings, most Ninja; inspired by the Celtic states in Ireland and medieval Scottland (colour scheme: various)

All fractions share the same pagan polytheistic pantheon (like in the Roman empire) with prefferences to one diety or another.
porschecm2
Councilor

Post by porschecm2 »

Mine represent whatever the current MOC calls for. Crusaders, Saracens, Visigoths, Huns, Chinese, Fantasy, whatever. I use some different torsos, and mostly change accessories, arm/leg colours, and heads to fit my needs.

Cm2
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/porschecm ... onal.1.png[/img]
Think twice. Post once.
Constructum excellentia!
erikut
Steward

Post by erikut »

The Hordesman wrote: and the vikings hail from a number of small kingdoms (Svea, PØLSERIKET and Sauna, etc) all parodies of scandinavian countries and their stereotypes.
PØLSERIKET! What's the capital? Lompebyen?

Well, my armies are just pure fantasy with the possible exeption on my vikings and some other. Altho, i have some armies or more of a guildish thing with a good mix of all the humen races of the kingdom of Anor.

Erik
ragnarok
Bailiff

Post by ragnarok »

Well,... let me see if I get it right: Svea (Svenska) is probably Sweden, Sauna (Suomi) may be Finnland and what is with the last one? Would you be so kind to explain the Scandinavian humor to the ignorant! :D
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

ragnarok wrote:
Well,... let me see if I get it right: Svea (Svenska) is probably Sweden, Sauna (Suomi) may be Finnland and what is with the last one? Would you be so kind to explain the Scandinavian humor to the ignorant! :D
PØLSERIKET is probably Denmark since "PØLSE" is either danish for sausage or a danish sort of sausage.. don´t remember.. and "riket" is like realm or something ;)

PS It´s red and tastes really bad :P DS
"Hinc satis elucet maiorem habere uim ad discenda ista liberam curiositatem quam meticulosam necessitatem.”
- Augustinus Hipponensis
ragnarok
Bailiff

Post by ragnarok »

PØLSERIKET is probably Denmark since "PØLSE" is either danish for sausage or a danish sort of sausage.. don´t remember.. and "riket" is like realm or something

PS It´s red and tastes really bad DS
:lol: :lol: :lol: I get it now. Thanks for the explanation. I also thought it something like that but was not pretty sure.
erikut
Steward

Post by erikut »

Pølser looks like this

Sligthly not really good looking, and i think that Lomper is only a Norwegian thing scince i was in Sweden and asked for a pølse in lompe and they only had bread, so i had to take bread and i don't like it.

Yes this is lomper (several lomps).

Now, lets get this back on topic :wink:

Erik
Ristridin
Bailiff

Post by Ristridin »

I think my army is githic or celtic.
baniaj2
Villein

Post by baniaj2 »

Interesting topic:

I never broke my armies down into separate "nationalities" when playing. They were just yellow lego people, fighting for either their freedom or control of a ficticious state/empire, depending on how my brother and I divided things up...

As I think about it, I would consider the black falcons German, and the Crusaders English
Anubisconq
Bailiff

Post by Anubisconq »

I have mostly just a random gathering of soldiers. I don't think I have any nationality.
amadeus
Apprentice

Post by amadeus »

Lego should make an Afrikan race. So I could perhaps make a Zulu army. Yeah. That would be awesome!
JoshWedin
Chevalier de Chèvre

Post by JoshWedin »

amadeus wrote:Lego should make an Afrikan race. So I could perhaps make a Zulu army. Yeah. That would be awesome!
Umm, they have. If you want minifigs that you can use for Zulu wariors, they do exist. There are all those NBA, Mace Windu, and Lando Calrissian figs. They could easily be converted into Zulu warriors.

Josh
AFOL and his money are easily parted.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/ak_brickster/8 ... hotostream][img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8252/85336074 ... 2a10_t.jpg[/img][/url] [url=http://www.Brothers-Brick.com]The Brothers Brick[/url]