Burg des Grafen van Cord: a Brickshelf find

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
brody
Laborer

Burg des Grafen van Cord: a Brickshelf find

Post by brody »

Hey Castle-heads,

I was recently inspired when I came across these images of "Burg des Grafen van Cord" while digging around on Brickshelf:

ImageImage

They can also be found on this site by a German AFOL named Karl-Heinz, however I was unable to acertain the history behind these images.

I especially like the round tower built with this piece.

A massive yellow castle:

ImageImage

In addition, I found these cool thatched roof cottages:

ImageImage

Also here.

Great technique for thatching. Again, of unknown origin. (Maybe a someone who is fluent in German can figure it out).

You can also find some really interesting images of vintage Lego sets, logos, boxes and other assorted paraphernalia.

That's all for now.

Cheers,
Brody
The dark tide
Gentleman

Post by The dark tide »

I like the design of the first and second but they both have too many colors for me. My fav is definetly the cottage. The thatched roof idea looks very goo as well.
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

The Yellow Castle pictured was built around the time of the original Yellow Castle release for the Billund LEGOLAND. Twenty designers worked on it for six months.

It was also displayed in 1981 at the Australian World of LEGO Exhibition. You can also see a LEGOLAND scale version of the 383 Knight's Tournament. When I have time, I will photograph or scan the 1981 booklet images. They also built a giant version of the gate for the exhibit entrance that contained 225,674 bricks.

Ben
Jacob C.
Councilor

Post by Jacob C. »

The roofs on those cottages look great.
I wish there were more pictures to show the building technique.
[url=http://www.majhost.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=RabbitSpook]My Majhost Gallery[/url]

[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=RabbitSpook]My Brickshelf Gallery[/url]