Castle Wall Ideas

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Jim
Apprentice

Castle Wall Ideas

Post by Jim »

Howdy!

I created a folder with castle wall ideas about a month ago, but did not post about it. I had planned on adding more wall ideas, but I haven't had the time. I probably won't be adding any more for at least a month, so I decided to post now.

Let me know which you like and dislike (with ways to improve :) ).

Jim
SavedSaint8
Peasant

Post by SavedSaint8 »

I really like you wall number 8. i was thinking of a way to emulate it, but i needed 2 things, permission, and pieces. but out of your selection i have to say 8 is my favorite.
wunztwice
Knight Bannerett

Post by wunztwice »

I noticed these on brickshelf when you uploaded the pics and was hoping you would start a thread about 'em. I like most of them, espacially the #8 variants, #5, and #11. This comes in really handy, because I am jsut getting to the walls on my castle, and the've inspired alot of neat ideas.

Thanks for sharing, there's alot of nice work here!
in His grip, Chris

Feed my hobby? [url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=wunztwice]My Bricklink[/url]

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/wunztwice]My Flickr![/url]
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/wunztwice/]My Brickshelf![/url](not updated...)
<><
Remyth
Trade King
Location: At the corner of Nowhere Avenue and Not Close to Anything Street

Post by Remyth »

Hey. I really like all of them. They are really neat, and a lot of them have inspired me.

In Christ.
Thomas Wunz <><

"A nameless, shapeless beast from the dark underside of Chat." - Josh Wedin

[url=http://flickr.com/photos/11381994@N00/]Flickr[/url]
smcginnis
Justiciar

Post by smcginnis »

These are all really really good, Jim. A few I like more are 08b, 02a, 03, wait... I'm going to list them all!

~smcginnis
Learning French.

Say it "ESS-MICK-GIN-ISS", with a hard "G", as in "get".

I'm a Pumpkin.

[url=http://www.freerice.com/]Free Rice[/url]
nazgul
Artisan

Post by nazgul »

I have to agree with smcginnis on what I like the most, but my personal favorite of the bunch is number eight, it just seems very imposing to attackers. But the most original or at least looks it has to be number 0.

my two cents,
-nazgul
"You know the golden rule, He who has the gold makes the rules"
I'm 13.
Mike Viper
Archer
Location: At home practicing my singing, building, or hanging around with friends.

Post by Mike Viper »

These are great! When my BL order comes in, I'll have to try some. My favorite would be 4,8,8b,2,2b,1,12. All them are great, those are just my favorites, almost in order.
I ow it to wunztwice for directing me here.
Scnicker
Landlord

Post by Scnicker »

Pretty cool wall designs. I bet it'll save a lot of people from the Big Gray Wall Syndrome. Good job on them.

-Yankı
The Blue Knight
Merchant

Post by The Blue Knight »

Jim, I like #9. I am building a book-inspired Helms Deep for NWBC, and the Deeping wall is rather plain. I am going to vary your design and stea- uh borrow it. Very inspiring, thank you,
Men who lie, merely hide the truth; but men who tell half-lies, have forgotten where they put it--Samuel Clemens
CatsToy
Gong Farmer

Post by CatsToy »

Jim,
You have some great walls there. I espacially like number 05 and the way you have lower wall supports on 2b and 7 add a realistic look. How about a 05 wall with a couple of lower wall supports (2b) every so often.

Walls 8a and 8b look very stately, would look great defending the King's Gate House.

Your post came in handy as I too am currently researching walls but I will be building on a Micro scale.

Catstoy :)
Jim
Apprentice

Post by Jim »

Howdy!
I really like you wall number 8. i was thinking of a way to emulate it, but i needed 2 things, permission, and pieces.
I'm glad you like it Saved. Number 8 seems to be the most popular! Of course you can use these ideas, it is an idea folder for anyone's use. Sorry I can't help with the pieces. :wink:
I like most of them, espacially the #8 variants, #5, and #11. This comes in really handy, because I am jsut getting to the walls on my castle, and the've inspired alot of neat ideas.
Thanks Wunz, I'm glad these ideas will be useful to you!
Hey. I really like all of them. They are really neat, and a lot of them have inspired me.
Great Thomas!
These are all really really good, Jim. A few I like more are 08b, 02a, 03, wait... I'm going to list them all!
Thanks smcginnis! :D
my personal favorite of the bunch is number eight, it just seems very imposing to attackers. But the most original or at least looks it has to be number 0.
Thanks Nazgul. Number 0 was just plain fun to build, so I'm glad you metioned it! I wondered if it would be to radical for the C-C community. :D
These are great! When my BL order comes in, I'll have to try some.
Great Mike! I hope you post any additions!
Pretty cool wall designs. I bet it'll save a lot of people from the Big Gray Wall Syndrome. Good job on them.
Thanks Yankı I'm glad you liked them!
Jim, I like #9. I am building a book-inspired Helms Deep for NWBC, and the Deeping wall is rather plain. I am going to vary your design and stea- uh borrow it. Very inspiring, thank you,
Thanks Blue Knight! I hope to see your Helms Deep Moc soon. That has got to be one of the best and most formidable MOC inspirations of all time. Someday, I may find the courage to do a Helms Deep MOC...
You have some great walls there. I espacially like number 05 and the way you have lower wall supports on 2b and 7 add a realistic look. How about a 05 wall with a couple of lower wall supports (2b) every so often.

Walls 8a and 8b look very stately, would look great defending the King's Gate House.

Your post came in handy as I too am currently researching walls but I will be building on a Micro scale.
Thanks and a hearty Welcome to CC.com CatsToy! Please post your microscale MOC when you've finished!

Jim
Sir Nelson
Old Wizard

Post by Sir Nelson »

These are very good ideas, Jim. Thanks for taking the time to post these.

I rather fancy the traditional #2 wall. :roll: But, I think #12 has some interesting possibilities.
"Old Wizards never die, nor fade away. They just kind of operate behind the scenes and in the shadows... doing all of their weird and wonderful Wizardy things and whatnot."