Kaeru Springs (and more...)

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

Again, great job Nelson!

I've always liked those floating rock MOC dealies. Yours has a nice contrast between the bottom and the top.
Lord Mikal
Archer

Post by Lord Mikal »

Frog springs, huh? I saw the frog. I hope for his sake he never decides to jump very far from home... There's a good play on words very common in japanese poetry: Kaeru also means "to return," written with a different kanji, of course. I think it might be funny if you built that idea into the MOC, with the waterfall 'returning' into the underside of the rock. Just a thought.

As it is, this is one of the most natural-looking floating rocks out there, as Bruce said. Making it look round really paid off because of giving the bamboo a 'mountainside' to hang on to, like it does in the Chinese mountains. I don't care for the lack of easy acess to the techie lair, but I recognize space limitations when I see them. The timber framing is excellent, very oriental looking. Good figure choice, too.
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=mikal1]My Brickshelf[/url]
Azure, a saltire cantoned with a star in chief and in base and two crescents addorsed in the flanks, argent.
Sir Nelson
Old Wizard

Post by Sir Nelson »

Lord Mikal wrote:There's a good play on words very common in japanese poetry: Kaeru also means "to return," written with a different kanji, of course. I think it might be funny if you built that idea into the MOC, with the waterfall 'returning' into the underside of the rock. Just a thought.
'To return' - indeed! Glad you caught that! :D Actually, the 'techie' part (with the yellow pipes) is supposed to be the pumping station. My idea was that the owner - whose "immortality" is, of course, due to the spring - installed this equipment to help recycle and therefore preserve this precious water source. :wink: Of course, a little seeps over the edge, but that's all part of the fantasy...

Thanks for the comments!
"Old Wizards never die, nor fade away. They just kind of operate behind the scenes and in the shadows... doing all of their weird and wonderful Wizardy things and whatnot."