Wyldewood - The Lair of the Forest Knight

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Sir Nelson
Old Wizard

Wyldewood - The Lair of the Forest Knight

Post by Sir Nelson »

Now I know this is a Castle MOC! :lol:

Image (Click image for gallery.)

Story: Deep in the forest lies Wyldewood, the Lair of the Forest Knight. Today the Red Wizard arrives for a meeting. The trusted assistants of the Forest Knight stand guard and perform various duties...

Have you ever started building a MOC only to find yourself without the time or ideas to complete it? Well, this one was exactly like that for me - sitting for a few months on my table. :x I finally got it done today, and hope you like it.

(And, thanks to Architect for helping me name this MOC.)
"Old Wizards never die, nor fade away. They just kind of operate behind the scenes and in the shadows... doing all of their weird and wonderful Wizardy things and whatnot."
smcginnis
Justiciar

Post by smcginnis »

This is a beautiful MOC. The trees are magnificent, and even though they don't have much foliage, they look real. The road and the front fence are very forest-y as well. Me likes the courtyard. The building is, well, it's what I always wanted to live in when I was little (and somewhat still). The interior of it is great, I like the 'secrets'. The Forest Knight looks really good with the dark green, and of course the red wizard is great. I really like the whole thing.

~smcginnis

Edit: And I'm tired, I need to go to bed (it's 11:15 PM here), so my post may sound a little forced.
Last edited by smcginnis on Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Learning French.

Say it "ESS-MICK-GIN-ISS", with a hard "G", as in "get".

I'm a Pumpkin.

[url=http://www.freerice.com/]Free Rice[/url]
nazgul
Artisan

Post by nazgul »

Ooh, aah :) , very nice. I eispecially fond of the gaurd tower among other details. Overall very nice, and keep up the good work with the mocs!

-nazgul

PS And I just have to say it, me likey.
Last edited by nazgul on Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You know the golden rule, He who has the gold makes the rules"
I'm 13.
DARKspawn
Lord

Post by DARKspawn »

wow :o the trees look great, especially the vine/whips. I like the torch the best in this pic here with the samurai helmet. Is that golden sword in the secret armoury an official piece ?
Troy T. Moore
Gentleman

Post by Troy T. Moore »

Very nice, Sir Nelson!

The pallisade walls with sharpened ends are most appealing (or impaling :shock: , depending on the circumstance). The overall look really reminds me of the large Dark Forest set.

The secret armoury cave is great. I also like the area rug that is in the knight's "throne room".

Any time someone's MOC has actual access to each level, either by stairs or ladder, that has to be recognized.

A fun MOC to view.
Troy T. Moore
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Nelson,

My favorite parts of the moc are the secret rooms and passages. Every forestman moc should include these and yours are very nice. I especially like the room/passage hidden under the forestman cap.

Ben
kelderic
Knight Bannerett

Post by kelderic »

This is really good. I really liket the style and use of colors. The cuard tower is nice, the the armory secret passage is well thought out too. The only thing that I didn't like was this. How did he fall in when it lifts up. But that is only minor, and aside from it, the MOC is wonderful. Thanks for sharing it.

Kelderic
Battling with college to try and prevent the dark age.
pacman110011
Artisan

Post by pacman110011 »

This is really awesome, Sir Nelson! I think my favorite part would have to be the secret room full of weapons. The whole thing has a very nice foresty feel. I also like the Red wizard with his staff/cane. -Pac
SavedSaint8
Peasant

Post by SavedSaint8 »

Amazing amoutn of detail on this sir nelson, im just completely loving it.

this moc of one of my favorites since i have been here.
Mike Viper
Archer
Location: At home practicing my singing, building, or hanging around with friends.

Post by Mike Viper »

Wow, wonderful work my friend. Such a simple yet effective build! I really like your armory. Nice foliage placement too, great work!
I ow it to wunztwice for directing me here.
Lamanda2
Merchant

Post by Lamanda2 »

This is wonderful Sir Nelson!
Reminds me of a classic Dark Forest set.
I love the looks of the trees, and those brown vine pieces really make it look all the better.
The interior is great as well, nicely detailed.

Man, I have been wanting to get one of those wizard hats for a while. Not long ago I was watching a lot of 30 on ebay, but I didn't want to bid the $30.00 they got up to.. :|

~Amanda
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=Lamanda]Bricks & Customs[/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/lamanda2/]My Flickr[/url]
Azaghal
Landlord

Post by Azaghal »

Beautiful. There's no other word for it. Some favorite details include the torch bracket utilizing the ninja helm, the ladder, and of course the secret compartments. The one under the hat stand is, in fact, so secret you can't show us what's down there. :wink:

Actually, speaking of the hat stand, one thought I had was that using black instead of brown to make it would have emphazied that it is a stand - with it all brown it "reads" as more of a statue/bust. Which it could be, instead. If you wanted. :D
Jacob C.
Councilor

Post by Jacob C. »

I love it!
One of the best mocs I've seen in a long time.
I really like the overhead lantern/light fixture in this pic:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=2049354

This moc would definitely be worthy of a lego license.
I would love a set like this!
[url=http://www.majhost.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=RabbitSpook]My Majhost Gallery[/url]

[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=RabbitSpook]My Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
Ristridin
Bailiff

Post by Ristridin »

I love it 2 :D
Really nice, and I second that every forest moc should have nice secret passages etc as you have made in it! Great!
I like the trees as towers so that the plan is of a medieval castle with four towers. (don`t know how to say it clearly :oops: )
Remyth
Trade King
Location: At the corner of Nowhere Avenue and Not Close to Anything Street

Post by Remyth »

Well... Everyone has already listed all of my favorite parts. I agree that beautiful is the only woprd to describe this MOC.

This MOC reminds me eminsly of the Dark Forest Fortress. I have always wanted one of these, but I would be willing to buy this from you instead :roll: . :lol:

Anyway, great MOC, and as always I hope that you will continue to build and show them off!!!

In Christ,
Thomas Wunz <><

"A nameless, shapeless beast from the dark underside of Chat." - Josh Wedin

[url=http://flickr.com/photos/11381994@N00/]Flickr[/url]