My CCC4 entries

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
The dark tide
Gentleman

Post by The dark tide »

Jens, I must say that out of all the master builders on this site that you are by far one of my favorites. I love your large scale battle scenes and your interiors. Your battles scenes alway have some sort of flare to them that makes them stand out [ whether you use a lot of figs or not]. Great MOCS.
"The sky grows black...shadow falls...the Dark Tide comes..."

[Edgar J.]
jens
Lord

Post by jens »

To get the flair for my "Netherlandstyled bridge" I build this "mill". My goal was to get a full working mill with interior. The difficult thing was to consider the turntable for the roof and the mill, but also the turnable millstoe in the basement. In this picture you can see the technic-axle.

My next entry is the "roofgarden". It is on top of the kitchen from the next entry.

I got the idea for the "throneroom & kitchen when I played around with the grilled tiles. The little groove can be used for pavingstones and joints between the tiles. A guy, I can't find the picture now, was using it for a big place in front of a church. I used this technic for my parquet. With this experience I thought it must be able to make a finer mosaic, then using 1 x 1 tiles. I has taken 4l bars.
The little story: This is the throneroom from Blackwood Falcons Castle. The kitchen is next to the room. The king wants to get a husband for his daughter, but, ehm, she isn't much beautyfull. So he allways says "The bride is withe, take her or die like the others before!"

Because short of time the other entries follows a few hours ago.

regards,
jens
BreadMan
Archer

Post by BreadMan »

The round 4l bar carpet is fantastic, I had to stare at it for several minutes before I realized how you made it. I can't decide if I'm more impressed by that or the windows...I thought my stained glass looked good, but I much more prefer the effect with the turntables!
The dark tide
Gentleman

Post by The dark tide »

The bar carpet is amazing. Its a detail I didnt see before. Was it difficult to make? It seems like the patern of the bars would keep slipping around while you were trying to make it.

[Edgar J.]
supernova
Journeyman

Post by supernova »

i must say i think the interior is really really neat
the amount of details packed into the MOC, the neat SNOT carpet floor and the circular carpet made of 1x4 bars (lightsabers).. the action in the kitchen..
and the stained glass is also a neat touch

the raising bridge is also done very nicely! the concept is cool, and although it seems a bit advanced for those times, the mechanism is really neat and the overall effect, especially when the bridge is raised, is great!

my last comments will be for the castle gates: i mean.. wow! its a REALLY huge door! i was going to ask where you got the dark grey lion head pieces, but a quick check on bricklink shows that they are only in 1 set! nice use of such a rare piece :)
the battle scene for this gate is also quite exciting. lots of action and lots of troops!

i must say i hope you do get the master builder award cos im really awed by your MOCs :)
~~ Supernova ~~

Good trades with: Chrislad77, kelderic, Strider, Unknown Knight and ZIGGY!
jens
Lord

Post by jens »

Thanks for the comments so far, I try to answer all your questions:
supernova wrote:nice use of such a rare piece :)
  • Thank you, I bought the lionheads a few years ago, at this time it wasn't so rare and it was an affordable piece.
The dark tide wrote:The bar carpet is amazing. Its a detail I didnt see before. Was it difficult to make? It seems like the patern of the bars would keep slipping around while you were trying to make it.
  • Hehe, it was very tricky and took me some time. First I tried to fix it at the bottom with "Knete". It's a kind of modelling material the kids are playing with in the kindergarden. Do you no "Play doh"? But it doesn't work very well. at The second try I placed the round arches at first vertical and put the bars one after one in the rounding like bottles in a shelf.
We travel now again to the coast and we must cross the "Blackwood Forest". Here is the buried entrance to lost diggers mine. At the rocks some forestmen has build a hideout, to attack travelers while using the ford. They build a slide for boulder above the path, too.

At this time they are attacking foreign soldiers, to keep the secret of the entrance to their hideout. Only one man has to do something first...

The last of my entries is called "Blackwood falls". Behind the waterfall is a big cave. You can enter the cave by using a boat and drive thru the watercurtain or take the little cliff. The watercurtain is build for playability, so you can turn a wheel in the back of the MOC and the white part of the fall is open. I've made a GIF (1.164 byte) from it.

Now my little presentation ends here and you may have a look at the whole display:

regards,
jens
BreadMan
Archer

Post by BreadMan »

I thought it looked like they all fit together! Fantastic Jens, I'd say you've got master builder for sure!
Sir Dillon
Man-At-Arms

Post by Sir Dillon »

BreadMan wrote:I'd say you've got master builder for sure!
At the moment, I think so too, but I'd need to look at all the entries first. All of your creations are absolutely fantastic. Great work. :)
E of Alshire
Merchant

Post by E of Alshire »

jens wrote:Now my little presentation ends here and you may have a look at the whole display:

regards,
jens
That is simply amazing. Indidvidually, I liked each of these- but this... it's amazing! Great work Jens! You top yourself with each year!
The dark tide
Gentleman

Post by The dark tide »

Once again Jens I am amazed. I love how the MOCs fit toether.

[Edgar J.]
kelderic
Knight Bannerett

Post by kelderic »

Holy crud. I missed most of these. They are amazing. Each one alone is wonderful, but put all together...wow!

Kelderic
Battling with college to try and prevent the dark age.
DARKspawn
Lord

Post by DARKspawn »

:shock:

That is truly brilliant. Well done :D That has got to be one of the best castle themed displays I have seen
BohuslavIII
Villein

Post by BohuslavIII »

Great full of details interior MOC, one of the best I have ever seen. I feel like a little pupil.
Congratulation to a great MOC, I hope it will win in his category.
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=BohuslavIII]my Gallery[/url]
Please excuse my English, is a product of the compiler. I speak only czech language.
JoshWedin
Chevalier de Chèvre

Post by JoshWedin »

Incredible, Jens, simply incredible. I take of my hat to you. You're the best, sir, the best.

Josh
AFOL and his money are easily parted.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/ak_brickster/8 ... hotostream][img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8252/85336074 ... 2a10_t.jpg[/img][/url] [url=http://www.Brothers-Brick.com]The Brothers Brick[/url]