My CCC4 entries

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
jens
Lord

My CCC4 entries

Post by jens »

My first entry is a bridge.

Once upon a time an old digger don't get back from his mine. The people searched for him, but the mine was buried. To honour him, the bridge was namend "lost diggers bridge". The gold search was his life, however he had never found something.

more pictures when public

regards,
jens
The dark tide
Gentleman

Post by The dark tide »

This is excellent Jens. The story adds to the MOC a lot.I like how you hid the miner and the bridge design is very impressive. In the picture there are those long brown pieces used for railing on the bridge, are those real lego elements? What sets did they appear in?
"The sky grows black...shadow falls...the Dark Tide comes..."

[Edgar J.]
El Mariachi
Laborer

Post by El Mariachi »

Nice, but seen better. In other bridge entries. Try to improve the scenario a little.
"God is dead; but considering the state the species Man is in, there will perhaps be caves, for ages yet, in which his shadow will be shown"

Friederich Nietzsche
pj_bosman
Peasant

Re: .............................................

Post by pj_bosman »

The dark tide wrote:In the picture there are those long brown pieces used for railing on the bridge, are those real lego elements? What sets did they appear in?
The small ones are "light sabers", I presume, also used as magic wands in the HP series. The bigger on the bridge must be the flexibele ones.

Nice story and bridge :D
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/patrick-bosman/]my MOCs on Flickr[/url]
The Blue Knight
Merchant

Post by The Blue Knight »

I really like how you "bent" the bridge. I can't wait until I can get a closer look at the bridge. It looks like a 8x16 grey baseplate upside down? I like the railings too. The overall effect is very nice. I think I can see the lost digger in a shallow grave, right? Nice touch.
El Mariachi wrote:Nice, but seen better. In other bridge entries. Try to improve the scenario a little.
This is unneccesarily abrupt, and could be taken as downright rude. Constructive criticism is certainly in bounds, you just need to include something constructive. Something like; "This is OK, but I would like to see..." then insert your suggestion. "improve the scenario a little" isn't very helpful to Jens who would probably welcome any suggestions. It's always good to end on a positive note. Especially with the terse verbage of email which are not exactly personal.
Men who lie, merely hide the truth; but men who tell half-lies, have forgotten where they put it--Samuel Clemens
Ristridin
Bailiff

Post by Ristridin »

Great bridge, I really like to know how did you made the bridge`s floor?
Maybe you need to put a little more live in it by using some minifigs. appart from that its fantastic!.
[edit]..O I see you have minifigs in it :oops: ...now I have seen the bridge from the other side it looks even better..[/edit]
wunztwice
Knight Bannerett

Post by wunztwice »

Very well done. I like the technique you used for the arching of the bridge and the addition of the miner is a great touch. (and how close he was to striking it rich!) Well, the whole thing is great. MAN! the bridge category is heating up...I may have to forgo this category.
in His grip, Chris

Feed my hobby? [url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=wunztwice]My Bricklink[/url]

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/wunztwice]My Flickr![/url]
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/wunztwice/]My Brickshelf![/url](not updated...)
<><
jens
Lord

Post by jens »

The dark tide wrote:In the picture there are those long brown pieces used for railing on the bridge, are those real lego elements? What sets did they appear in?
Yes, it's real Lego, I used Copper Hose, Rigid 3mm-parts.
El Mariachi wrote:Nice, but seen better. In other bridge entries. Try to improve the scenario a little
I've done my best. To less scenario? The category was named "medival bridge", not scenario with bridge. Maybe the picture I've choosen is not so good.
For more surrounding wait for some other entries, maybe you then can see what I mean...
The Blue Knight wrote:It looks like a 8x16 grey baseplate upside down? I like the railings too. The overall effect is very nice
Ristridin wrote:I really like to know how did you made the bridge`s floor
I'd try to do something new. I found this part:
kelderic
Knight Bannerett

Post by kelderic »

I like how you did the vein of gold, beside the dead miner. Also, nice bridge.

Kelderic
Battling with college to try and prevent the dark age.
BuilderQ
Laborer

Post by BuilderQ »

jens wrote:I found this part:
The round ends of those technic pieces results a good impression of interlocking stones. I guess you ran some rods or hoses through the axleholes to enable the pieces to bend into that curve.

The bridge is definitely the most detailed part of the model, but I also like the trees topped with upside-down flower stems.
The Blue Knight
Merchant

Post by The Blue Knight »

What a great use of piece that many of use would discard as non-castle. I have! So many more great details. I love the miner soooo close to the mother lode, the red wizard smoking a pipe, and most of all the cart wheel ruts that lead up to the bridge, but are lower than the bridge level. Outstanding attention to detail. This category is certainly the most hotly contested!
Men who lie, merely hide the truth; but men who tell half-lies, have forgotten where they put it--Samuel Clemens
E of Alshire
Merchant

Post by E of Alshire »

Oh! So close!

This is a good one Jens, a nice variation on your style.
Last edited by E of Alshire on Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:26 am, edited 3 times in total.
JoshWedin
Chevalier de Chèvre

Post by JoshWedin »

Jens, this is an awesome bridge! I love the innoative use of the technic pieces. They give it a nice cobblestone feel. Your choice of figs breathes just enough life into the scene and the tragic miner is good too. It's been blogged. Excellent work!
El Mariachi wrote:Nice, but seen better. In other bridge entries.
I beg to differ, this is the best bridge entry yet.

Josh
AFOL and his money are easily parted.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/ak_brickster/8 ... hotostream][img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8252/85336074 ... 2a10_t.jpg[/img][/url] [url=http://www.Brothers-Brick.com]The Brothers Brick[/url]
DARKspawn
Lord

Post by DARKspawn »

Very cool :) I think it captures a realy great crossection of terrain, for a small area it captures a great amount of detail. I like the curve in the bridge too, not too much of a curve to look clumsy - although it is a pitty that the bannisters follow the bridge's curve rather than being positioned at 90 degrees from the ground. Well done
Remyth
Trade King
Location: At the corner of Nowhere Avenue and Not Close to Anything Street

Post by Remyth »

Very nice! I really like the way you did the floor. I was going to post on it, but you already said how it was done. Great idea! I'm sure that this will go far in the contest.

Thanks,
Thomas Wunz <><

"A nameless, shapeless beast from the dark underside of Chat." - Josh Wedin

[url=http://flickr.com/photos/11381994@N00/]Flickr[/url]