Hall of Rememberance

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Sir Brithead
Apprentice

Hall of Rememberance

Post by Sir Brithead »

A monument to a Country's defenders.

Long ago in the Country's infancy it was being attacked and invaded by a fierce Dragon. It had been years of torment before a brave knight defeated it in the fields at Harvest time. His sword was damaged, with two large chunked being taken out of it's side rending it no longer useful. The Red and Yellow floor are to remind visitiers or the Drgaons Blood covering the Harvest Field. The Sword has been rested here. It is said to offer Soldiers their desires on the Eve of Battle, so Soldiers are commonly seen here. Two such are here now nad a retired Soldier goes to see the New defenders.

In the Basement is the King's Spear. It is a symbol of the Country's ability to defend itself from attacks. It is said to give soldeirs who touch it Clarity and Courage in Battle. Even the King can be seen here when Battle arrives looking for extra Courage. This floor is also symbolic of Nine Knights who defended and gave their life for thier Countrymen. Four wore White tunics and Five were arrayed Black, hence the Black and White nine checkered part of the floor surrounded by red, their Blood sealing the Sacrifice with their blood. They fought to defend a hord of Orcs. On the Morning after the Fight the Nine Knights lay dead and several Hundred Orcs too, the City and her People was left untouched by Orcs. A Wizrd looks to counsel to King and a Young Soldier looks for Courage, for on the Morrow they face a fierce Enemy.

So the Hall serves to remind the Country and her People of the Sacrifices her defenders have made to keep her Beautiful.

Enjoy.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=221616
DARKspawn
Lord

Post by DARKspawn »

Nice MOC. I like your use of colour. Are the two chambers connected? I can't seem to see how... I like the story too :)
kelderic
Knight Bannerett

Post by kelderic »

Nice MOC. How did you take a chunk out of the sword?

Kelderic
Battling with college to try and prevent the dark age.
Sir Brithead
Apprentice

Post by Sir Brithead »

The one is on top of the other. No doors or stairs. They are parts of a larger Hall. Maybe next year I will do more.

I have a jewelers file I used. An emery board works too, the thing you file your nails with.