A taste of things to come... CCCIV entry

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
gambort
Laborer

A taste of things to come... CCCIV entry

Post by gambort »

BS gallery

Flickr

Given my almost complete absence of castle figs (apart from a handful of the bright and unpleasant KK ones) I decided to go for a battle between two different medieval nations: the Seljuks and Mongols. This is more a skirmish as a Mongol war party attacks an armed caravan somewhere in present-day Turkmenistan.

Tim
Spongey
Merchant

Post by Spongey »

A great battle MOC. Not something that you see very often. I especially like the texture that was added to the battle field. It really gives another dimension to the scene.
Ebu Deyyus
Freeman

Post by Ebu Deyyus »

seljuks, like mongols, are also good cavalrymen not infantry, and both factions are masters of horse archery(by the way turks did not use crossbow before 14-15th centuries)

ps. the name is turcomen, not türkmen in western languages
gambort
Laborer

Post by gambort »

Ebu Deyyus wrote:seljuks, like mongols, are also good cavalrymen not infantry, and both factions are masters of horse archery(turks did not use crossbow before 14-15th centuries)
I actually knew about the archery (and longbow issue) but I don't own any longbows so I made with what I had. As I stated in my post these are members of a caravan who have been ambushed and not infantry.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean in your PS. Do you mean it should be pronounced that way? I'm also aware that Seljuk is properly written Selçuk or sometimes anglicised as Selcuk.

Tim

EDIT: Remove snide sentence.
Last edited by gambort on Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ebu Deyyus
Freeman

Post by Ebu Deyyus »

nevermind what i wrote :p seljuk is actually written as Selçuklu.

Edit: I actually really liked this moc very much!
gambort
Laborer

Post by gambort »

Ebu Deyyus wrote:nevermind what i wrote :p seljuk is actually written as Selçuklu.

Edit: I actually really liked this mod very much!
No problem. I was a little grumpy back mainly because I did try to research it as much as possible ;). Unfortunately for me most information about Selçuklu is, unsurprisingly, written in Turkish and I did not have time to ask my Turkish speaking friend for help. I was told about the extra "lu" at some point (friends name is Selçuk) but I'd forgotten.

Tim
kelderic
Knight Bannerett

Post by kelderic »

Very nice MOC! While I don't like that you used the brick horses, the way you used them is very good. Nice placement of the figs, and the cooring of the ground is a nice touch. Good luck in the contest!

Kelderic
Battling with college to try and prevent the dark age.
Norro
Councilor

Post by Norro »

Very original and a well composed scene. Good work!

God Bless,

Nathan
Jacob C.
Councilor

Post by Jacob C. »

Its nice to see other warriors besides the common european style ones.
I also like the brick built horses and camels.
Great work!
[url=http://www.majhost.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=RabbitSpook]My Majhost Gallery[/url]

[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=RabbitSpook]My Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
gambort
Laborer

Post by gambort »

Thanks everyone. Seem to be quite a few Mongols floating around at the moment but I think I've got the only Arabs and Turks :)

Tim
Lord Felix
Landlord

Post by Lord Felix »

About the MOC...
I like the brick built creatures. Very good job.
The only thing I really dislike is the lack of figures. There are only a few, which makes the plot a little confusing. I like the flat landscape... the color change on the ground is excellent. Over all, good job.
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Dandin]Brickshelf[/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/8499398@N07/]Flickr[/url]
[url=http://www.myspace.com/candlemusic]My Band: Candle[/url]
Scnicker
Landlord

Post by Scnicker »

Wow, cool moc! Also nice camels and horses; they're very posable. And don't worry about the "lu" issue :). By the way, the "lu" adds a "from" meaning to the word. Like if you say Selçuk"lu" it means from Selcuk. Like when you say Amerika"lı" it means someone from America ;). Anyways, nice scene and I hope to see more.
KennDoubleN2
Serf

Post by KennDoubleN2 »

That's very nice and an inventive way to use your collection. The landscaping is novel, and I think I've commented on your camels before, but they are still excellent.