It's all about the pilings

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
KennDoubleN2
Serf

It's all about the pilings

Post by KennDoubleN2 »

Hello,

Here's another creation from last November, probably my favorite. I was surprised there weren't more contest submissions along this lines (this was an idea I'd had some time ago and forgotten about until CCC4 came along). My favorite part is the bridge pilings, but in general I feel this came out cleaner than most of my creations. Enjoy,

Kenn

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=222662
kelderic
Knight Bannerett

Post by kelderic »

Wonderful creation! I like the action, the design of the buildings, and especially the gatehouse. My only problem is that the coloring seems a bit random. Still, overall, it's great, and should do well in the contest.

Kelderic
Battling with college to try and prevent the dark age.
Tedward
Squire

Post by Tedward »

It's...so...beautiful. :cry:

I have wanted to try to build something like this, like London Bridge c. 1600. You have so marvelously captured the mixture of stone and timber and hodegepodge of buildings that existed on the bridge.

I was stunned by the reveals. The whoie side of the gate tower comes off I get but how about a photo of how the other reveals happen? Do they hinge out or just come off the side?

Very nice looking buildings and the details are fun. The kid trying to fish to box out of the water, the scumbag drinking under the bridge.

Well done.
Spongey
Merchant

Post by Spongey »

Unbelievable creation. Everything about it is excellent.
DARKspawn
Lord

Post by DARKspawn »

Great work. I have have had this idea myself. I like the variety of buildings. Well done
KennDoubleN2
Serf

Post by KennDoubleN2 »

Hi. Thanks for the kind replies. With regards to the reveal, the the right side of the bridge is built on two 16x32 baseplates that pull away entirely. I have some more photos I thought I'd posted, but I guess I didn't. As for the somewhat random colors, that's more or less intentional. Partly, I want the buildings to look like they've been added randomly over time, and partly I just like lego creations that take advantage of a variety of colors.

Thanks again,

Kenn
Norro
Councilor

Post by Norro »

I also wanted to do an inhabited bridge for the CCC, but wasn't able to enter at all due to being separated from my pieces. This is a great version though. I really like it, especially the pilings!

God Bless,

Nathan
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

Isn't this what London Bridge used to look like?

I remember seeing a show about it and back in either the Middle Ages or Renaissance, it looked like that. A large stone causeway with buildings on top of it.
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
E of Alshire
Merchant

Re: It's all about the pilings

Post by E of Alshire »

KennDoubleN2 wrote:I was surprised there weren't more contest submissions along this lines
You'll see my (very late) version as soon as I get a certain Bricklink order.

Anyway, I think this was my favorite. It's very much more realistic than the one I'm working on (mine's more fantasy oriented), and I like that. Great job with the pilings. :wink: