My version of the Citadel of Minas Tirith

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
DARKspawn
Lord

Post by DARKspawn »

Well done. As others have said the colour scheme is really striking.
kelderic
Knight Bannerett

Post by kelderic »

I like the fact that since you only did a small portion of the city, you were able to do it well and to scale. I like your coleration, and the tower looks very nice. Kepp working on it and expand it to cover more of the city.

Kelderic
Battling with college to try and prevent the dark age.
Hewkiril
Laborer

Post by Hewkiril »

Wow. Very nice. I see someone else has the same LoTR ambitions as me[ same 48x48 idea, just I want to make Minas Morgul]. Very clever use of the white pickets as detailing on the front of the main building. The spears are nice too, as the statues with gold Viking Helms. Say, could you tell us who those kings are meant to represent? I like what you did to make a Palantir. My only gripe is that Denethor looks too young. But Very, very nice overall.
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=162657]My Brickshelf[/url] - [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/hewkii9/]My Flickr[/url]
The Panther
Peasant

Post by The Panther »

Dang! that's awsome. Dang! the only thing I can see wrong with it is that the spikey floor thing that protrudes (sp?) is a tad short. better than I could do though... :D
Keep on Truckin'
The Blue Knight
Merchant

Post by The Blue Knight »

I think this is my favorite version of any of Minas Tirith. The scale is too small of course, but only a handful of AFOLs have enough brick to do it. But with a smaller scale you have achieved a great MOC! It is instantly recognizable as the citadel. I am building Orthanc and I needed a solution for the palantir, and I am taken with yours, and I plan to stea- uh that is of course, borrow it. Well done!
Men who lie, merely hide the truth; but men who tell half-lies, have forgotten where they put it--Samuel Clemens
Astuanaks
Villein

Post by Astuanaks »

Just a minor update. I forgot to take a picture of the ceiling of the main hall.

see:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Astua ... eiling.jpg

I like my palantir too. I just wish it had some more black, next to the orange.

Hewkiril,
sorry, I wouldn't know who those statues represent. Anybody else knows?

regards,
Astuanaks
Prince Imdol
Master

Post by Prince Imdol »

I like the SNOT, it is a good idea. Well done on this second one too.
C0M3_GeT_5OME
Serf

Post by C0M3_GeT_5OME »

Awesome, I especially like the way you've done tower. This is VERY cool
shary
Villein

Post by shary »

Hi,

that's the first Minas Tirith Moc on Brickshelf I really like. You did a great job! In this scale a Moc of whole Minas Tirith would be possible and I'm shure it would be great too :wink:

We also thought about building the whole city but as we calculatet similar dimensions as you did (approx. minifig scale of course *g*) and we have neither a lego factory nor a storagehouse to build it we dropped the idea. But it would be ingenious :roll:

Verena
www.brick.at