Colossal Castle Contest IV - Winning Entries!

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
The Blue Knight
Merchant

Post by The Blue Knight »

Nicely done Jens! Now you can look forward to being Lord like Pat is now, at this time next year.
Men who lie, merely hide the truth; but men who tell half-lies, have forgotten where they put it--Samuel Clemens
MrTS
Lord

Post by MrTS »

I didn't expect to be mentioned in this category :), cool! There were so many good contenders for master builder...

Congratulations Jens! You certainly deserved to win this prices! Well done! I also was amazed that all of your entries fit together....man you have alot of lego!! :shock:
You want a piece of me?!?!

My Brickshelf gallery:[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=MrTS]here[/url]
jens
Lord

Post by jens »

Wow! Scarcely I'm a day not online, you publicize the Masterbuilder! And than it's me! Many, many thanks for this honor. And for all the congratulations and the kind words from all of you. Especially Tom Snellen and Kenn Oldham I want to thank for this amazing finish. I thing it was very close and I want to see some other great entries at the CCC5 from you.

(By the way, I will go the way from the earlier dignitaries ahead and will not enter at next time. I think it's a nice tradition and we should keep it.)

When I saw the categories from CCC4 I thought 'man, you needthis forestmen-crossing'. So I tried to win the bridge-category. (But I have to say I was beaten from well designed other bridges.)

The first bridge stands on the table in front of me, and I got the idea to enter the other categories with entries that match all together to a big display. Building was fun ... the first days. Then it becomes to a job and the fun disappeared a bit.

Christmas stood before the door and my girlfriends patience leaned to end. Mid of december I had still so many ideas and was so short of time...

My luck was that a workmate offered me he could represent me at the office, so I was able to take two days hollidays. In this time I converted my ideas and I finished the other entries.

Again, I'm so lucky to get the 'Masterbuilder'-title and of course the 375! I think I can say I own a lot of Lego (I collect now for maybe 23 years), but I don't own any copy of the 375 and the other classic (yellow) stuff.

I'm looking forward for the decoration elements, too. I've a little forest-women without a green head-rag for example.

To the end I want to take up the cudgels* for my fisherhut. I like it very much.
Bruce N H wrote: Are there more pics of the combined MOCs, Jens?
Bruce
I only took this one picture, but all the MOCs are still 'alive'. I have to wait for some sunshine and then I will take some more pictures.

regards,
jens (the Masterbuilder :mrgreen:)

* in german you say 'to break a lance for someone'. I think it would fit better to this forum, but I would like to be also understood, too.
Lamanda2
Merchant

Post by Lamanda2 »

Congrats, Jens!
I had a hunch you were going to get the award.
After seeing all your awesome MOCs, how couldn't I? 8)

I hope you enjoy your 375!
Again, awesome job "Master Builder, Jens"!

~Amanda
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=Lamanda]Bricks & Customs[/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/lamanda2/]My Flickr[/url]
pj_bosman
Peasant

Post by pj_bosman »

Congratulations Jens! :D Well-deserved!
jens wrote: When I saw the categories from CCC4 I thought 'man, you [(you)]need[/(you)]this forestmen-crossing'. So I tried to win the bridge-category. (But I have to say I was beaten from well designed other bridges.)
hehe :wink:
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/patrick-bosman/]my MOCs on Flickr[/url]
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

All classic set prizes have been shipped as of this morning. Please send me a pm when you recieve your prize. Showing us pictures of the built sets is ok too ;) If by any chance there are missing pieces, which I hope there aren't, just send me a pm. Congratulations again to all of the winners!

Ben
CC Contest Admin