The LEGO Castle Contest

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
R_The_Falcon
Freeman

Post by R_The_Falcon »

Hi Ben, I hate to bug you with another question, but this concerns the description part of an entry. Say I take a video of my ballista firing, and uploaded it unto Google Videos. Can I give a link to this video in the description?

Thanks!
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

R_The_Falcon wrote:Hi Ben, I hate to bug you with another question, but this concerns the description part of an entry. Say I take a video of my ballista firing, and uploaded it unto Google Videos. Can I give a link to this video in the description?

Thanks!
At this time we are only accepting images for grading purposes. It is much easier for judges to grade this way. I would definitely support linking to a firing video in a forum thread about your ballista.

Ben
CC Contest Admin
Knight David
Gong Farmer
Gong Farmer

Post by Knight David »

This is great!! :D I submitted a entry into the castle seige, if anyone would like to check it out!!

Enjoy,
David.

Oh ya, Thanks for the contest, it realy is great!!!
Emp.Justinian
Archer

Post by Emp.Justinian »

Gosh you must be sick of answering questions :twisted: But alas I have one more. I was wondering if instead of or in addition to a joust you could have other forms of tournament, aka melee foot combat or archery?

Hoping you don't die of boredom

God speed

Emp.Justinian
Support the true king, Support SavaTheAggie!

A proud member of the Legion of Aggie

I Pledge Allegiance to SavaTheAggie
and to the empire for which it rules
one Empire under One Admin
invincible, with tyranny and injustice for all.
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Emp.Justinian wrote:Gosh you must be sick of answering questions :twisted: But alas I have one more. I was wondering if instead of or in addition to a joust you could have other forms of tournament, aka melee foot combat or archery?

Hoping you don't die of boredom

God speed

Emp.Justinian
While those types of tournament fighting are very interesting, we should stick to jousting for this contest.

Ben
CC Contest Admin
Jansen
Steward
Location: Pondering the paradox of organic American cheese...

Post by Jansen »

Sorry if this has been asked before, but can you use your siege engines from "Ballista" and "Catapult" categories in your "Castle Siege" entry?

Thanks in advance :P
"An apple a day keeps people deathly-allergic to apples away."
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/gusalagupagoo/]flickr[/url]
Ebu Deyyus
Freeman

Post by Ebu Deyyus »

one important thing is that you cannot access this contest's page from the contests page.
akochan
Villein

Post by akochan »

Question:

Renderings ok to submit?

Assuming of course the render only uses actually existing (type and color) lego pieces, minifigs, etc.

ie: POV-Ray render of ldraw generated scene as opposed to the un-photogenic ldraw render

Sorry if its been covered but I read all pages in the thread without seeing this mentioned.
Anubisconq
Bailiff

Post by Anubisconq »

Hey, how 'bout a question! It seems very popular in these parts...

Do flags made of cloth count, or should I stick with Lego originals.

Do capes such as This onehttp://flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=447394904&size=lcount?

Thanks for the contest!
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Jansen wrote:Sorry if this has been asked before, but can you use your siege engines from "Ballista" and "Catapult" categories in your "Castle Siege" entry?

Thanks in advance :P
Yes you can. This category is more about the castle.
one important thing is that you cannot access this contest's page from the contests page.
I will add a link there. You can get to the contest from the main page right side bar link.
Renderings ok to submit?
Normally for Colossal Castle Contests it is fine. But I believe that LEGO would like to see brick built creations in this contest.
Do flags made of cloth count, or should I stick with Lego originals.
You can use flags and capes like this.

Ben
CC Contest Admin
akochan
Villein

Post by akochan »

architect wrote:
Renderings ok to submit?
Normally for Colossal Castle Contests it is fine. But I believe that LEGO would like to see brick built creations in this contest.

Ben
CC Contest Admin
Ah well. Not enough RL Castle legos. Shoulda gotten more instead of those new Lego RC Trains.
Blueandwhite
CC Mascot Maker

Post by Blueandwhite »

Allthough I'm not entering the Castle Seige category, I am curious as to the parameters when it comes to minifigs. Earlier, you mentioned that having more than 25 minifigs (give or take) per faction was probably overkill. Has this position been changed? I only ask as there is an entry that has several hundred figs. I think the entry looks great, but it would be a shame if it didn't meet the standards of the contest as the castle itself is quite admirable. Conversely, it would be unfortunate if somebody limited the size of their army when there is no need to do so.

Still, loving what I'm seeing this far.
Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch Batman!!

[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... ueandwhite]My Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/httpwwwflickrc ... eandwhite/]My Flickr[/url]
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Blueandwhite wrote:Allthough I'm not entering the Castle Seige category, I am curious as to the parameters when it comes to minifigs. Earlier, you mentioned that having more than 25 minifigs (give or take) per faction was probably overkill. Has this position been changed? I only ask as there is an entry that has several hundred figs. I think the entry looks great, but it would be a shame if it didn't meet the standards of the contest as the castle itself is quite admirable. Conversely, it would be unfortunate if somebody limited the size of their army when there is no need to do so.

Still, loving what I'm seeing this far.
Unfortunately there have not been many entries in certain categories. We could disqualify a castle entry for having hundreds of figs. A better solution is to grade more on the castle itself than the siege. A huge siege of an average castle could lose to a small siege of a castle with a great design.

Ben
CC Contest Admin
Sir_Brick
Freeman

Post by Sir_Brick »

I realised I forgot to make my image a thumbnail. Should I resubmit or what should I do? Also will my entry be graded down/ not graded at all if I decided to not have a jousting fence between the jousters?
DARKspawn
Lord

Post by DARKspawn »

Hey Admins

I just submited a couple of entries but messed up on the Joust catagory & submitted the wrong URLs, I resubmitted the entry with the correct links. Just thought I'd give you guys a heads-up ;)