Classic-Castle.com


The source for all your LEGO Castle needs!

The LEGO Castle Contest

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations

Postby R_The_Falcon » Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:38 pm

Hi Ben, I hate to bug you with another question, but this concerns the description part of an entry. Say I take a video of my ballista firing, and uploaded it unto Google Videos. Can I give a link to this video in the description?

Thanks!
R_The_Falcon
Freeman
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 12:22 am

Postby architect » Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:47 pm

R_The_Falcon wrote:Hi Ben, I hate to bug you with another question, but this concerns the description part of an entry. Say I take a video of my ballista firing, and uploaded it unto Google Videos. Can I give a link to this video in the description?

Thanks!


At this time we are only accepting images for grading purposes. It is much easier for judges to grade this way. I would definitely support linking to a firing video in a forum thread about your ballista.

Ben
CC Contest Admin
User avatar
architect
Baron von Ellermann
Baron von Ellermann
 
Posts: 4971
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2003 5:10 pm
Location: Saint Louis, MO USA

Postby Knight David » Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:29 pm

This is great!! :D I submitted a entry into the castle seige, if anyone would like to check it out!!

Enjoy,
David.


Oh ya, Thanks for the contest, it realy is great!!!
User avatar
Knight David
Gong Farmer
Gong Farmer
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:58 pm
Location: Ireland

Postby Emp.Justinian » Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:34 am

Gosh you must be sick of answering questions :twisted: But alas I have one more. I was wondering if instead of or in addition to a joust you could have other forms of tournament, aka melee foot combat or archery?

Hoping you don't die of boredom

God speed

Emp.Justinian
Support the true king, Support SavaTheAggie!

A proud member of the Legion of Aggie

I Pledge Allegiance to SavaTheAggie
and to the empire for which it rules
one Empire under One Admin
invincible, with tyranny and injustice for all.
User avatar
Emp.Justinian
Archer
 
Posts: 369
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:42 am
Location: Home sweet Home

Postby architect » Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:00 am

Emp.Justinian wrote:Gosh you must be sick of answering questions :twisted: But alas I have one more. I was wondering if instead of or in addition to a joust you could have other forms of tournament, aka melee foot combat or archery?

Hoping you don't die of boredom

God speed

Emp.Justinian


While those types of tournament fighting are very interesting, we should stick to jousting for this contest.

Ben
CC Contest Admin
User avatar
architect
Baron von Ellermann
Baron von Ellermann
 
Posts: 4971
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2003 5:10 pm
Location: Saint Louis, MO USA

Postby Jansen » Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:18 pm

Sorry if this has been asked before, but can you use your siege engines from "Ballista" and "Catapult" categories in your "Castle Siege" entry?

Thanks in advance :P
"An apple a day keeps people deathly-allergic to apples away."
flickr
User avatar
Jansen
Steward
 
Posts: 561
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:43 pm
Location: Pondering the paradox of organic American cheese...

Postby Ebu Deyyus » Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:31 am

one important thing is that you cannot access this contest's page from the contests page.
User avatar
Ebu Deyyus
Freeman
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:08 pm

Postby akochan » Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:33 pm

Question:

Renderings ok to submit?

Assuming of course the render only uses actually existing (type and color) lego pieces, minifigs, etc.

ie: POV-Ray render of ldraw generated scene as opposed to the un-photogenic ldraw render

Sorry if its been covered but I read all pages in the thread without seeing this mentioned.
User avatar
akochan
Villein
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 9:35 pm
Location: Boston, MA

Postby Anubisconq » Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:39 pm

Hey, how 'bout a question! It seems very popular in these parts...

Do flags made of cloth count, or should I stick with Lego originals.

Do capes such as This onehttp://flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=447394904&size=lcount?

Thanks for the contest!
Anubis the Conqueror

Image
User avatar
Anubisconq
Bailiff
 
Posts: 333
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:25 pm
Location: Planning an attack on your sigfig...

Postby architect » Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:57 pm

Jansen wrote:Sorry if this has been asked before, but can you use your siege engines from "Ballista" and "Catapult" categories in your "Castle Siege" entry?

Thanks in advance :P


Yes you can. This category is more about the castle.

one important thing is that you cannot access this contest's page from the contests page.


I will add a link there. You can get to the contest from the main page right side bar link.

Renderings ok to submit?


Normally for Colossal Castle Contests it is fine. But I believe that LEGO would like to see brick built creations in this contest.

Do flags made of cloth count, or should I stick with Lego originals.


You can use flags and capes like this.

Ben
CC Contest Admin
User avatar
architect
Baron von Ellermann
Baron von Ellermann
 
Posts: 4971
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2003 5:10 pm
Location: Saint Louis, MO USA

Postby akochan » Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:55 am

architect wrote:
Renderings ok to submit?


Normally for Colossal Castle Contests it is fine. But I believe that LEGO would like to see brick built creations in this contest.

...
Ben
CC Contest Admin


Ah well. Not enough RL Castle legos. Shoulda gotten more instead of those new Lego RC Trains.
User avatar
akochan
Villein
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 9:35 pm
Location: Boston, MA

Postby Blueandwhite » Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:02 am

Allthough I'm not entering the Castle Seige category, I am curious as to the parameters when it comes to minifigs. Earlier, you mentioned that having more than 25 minifigs (give or take) per faction was probably overkill. Has this position been changed? I only ask as there is an entry that has several hundred figs. I think the entry looks great, but it would be a shame if it didn't meet the standards of the contest as the castle itself is quite admirable. Conversely, it would be unfortunate if somebody limited the size of their army when there is no need to do so.

Still, loving what I'm seeing this far.
Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch Batman!!

My Brickshelf Gallery
My Flickr
User avatar
Blueandwhite
CC Mascot Maker
 
Posts: 1417
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 12:12 pm
Location: Bolton, Ontario

Postby architect » Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:44 pm

Blueandwhite wrote:Allthough I'm not entering the Castle Seige category, I am curious as to the parameters when it comes to minifigs. Earlier, you mentioned that having more than 25 minifigs (give or take) per faction was probably overkill. Has this position been changed? I only ask as there is an entry that has several hundred figs. I think the entry looks great, but it would be a shame if it didn't meet the standards of the contest as the castle itself is quite admirable. Conversely, it would be unfortunate if somebody limited the size of their army when there is no need to do so.

Still, loving what I'm seeing this far.


Unfortunately there have not been many entries in certain categories. We could disqualify a castle entry for having hundreds of figs. A better solution is to grade more on the castle itself than the siege. A huge siege of an average castle could lose to a small siege of a castle with a great design.

Ben
CC Contest Admin
User avatar
architect
Baron von Ellermann
Baron von Ellermann
 
Posts: 4971
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2003 5:10 pm
Location: Saint Louis, MO USA

Postby Sir_Brick » Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:32 pm

I realised I forgot to make my image a thumbnail. Should I resubmit or what should I do? Also will my entry be graded down/ not graded at all if I decided to not have a jousting fence between the jousters?
User avatar
Sir_Brick
Freeman
 
Posts: 79
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:13 am
Location: Wequinox, Snorkonia

Postby DARKspawn » Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:29 am

Hey Admins

I just submited a couple of entries but messed up on the Joust catagory & submitted the wrong URLs, I resubmitted the entry with the correct links. Just thought I'd give you guys a heads-up ;)

Thanks :)
User avatar
DARKspawn
Lord
 
Posts: 1632
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:29 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia

PreviousNext

Return to Castle MOCs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests