The Cursed Tower - CC entry - Final Update!

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
TheJinjaNinja
Villein
Location: Ye Olde England, realm of the knights who say.. Ni! ____________________ 'Duel' Personality

The Cursed Tower - CC entry - Final Update!

Post by TheJinjaNinja »

UPDATE #3: Last update! Well, I'm done with the tower. I'll enter it properly in a bit, but I just want to see some of your opinions first. I also have pics of the non-dynamite mechanism:

1|2|3

New Backstory:
An evil wizard with an ambition to take over the kingdom has cursed the inhabitants of a tower and turned them into an army of the undead. They have abducted the princess in a bid to blackmail the king. But the king has already made his move, sending his three bravest knights to challenge the army of skeletons and rescue the princess. But who will emerge from the battle victorious?

Includes 12 minifigures, a horse and a removeable roof to see inside!

What do you think? As usual, tell me if I've missed any photographs. Please comment this time! :P

UPDATE #2: Second-to-last update (I presume). It was originally the last update, but I'm going to have to re-shoot some pics that looked awful on the computer. Anyway, I've made the tower taller, added skellies and knights, done the landscaping and locked up the maiden. Now I just need a new backstory, which'll come tomorrow along with the last pics. Speaking of pics:

1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10

I have replaced the dynamite, but that's on the pics that need to be re-shot. The interior hasn't changed, so you can just scroll down to the original post to see it.

Important thing: Are there any picture requests? I want to know if I've forgotten to photograph any important aspects of my MOC! Oh, and I invite anyone to come up with a good name for this tower (I suck at names. God help any kids I have in the future! I'll probably call 'em Typhoo or something :wink: )

Well, I'll update tomorrow, along with a new creation that's not online yet!

UPDATE #1: Woo, I'm back! It's been a while and, due to prior commitments, I've not been Castle-ing as much as I'd like to. As a result, I have only just gotten around to doing some landscaping. I don't do a lot of landscaping (I'm mostly a Star Wars MOCer), so no masterpieces, I just think it adds a little more character to the model.

1|2|3|4|...and 5

Sorry about some of the pictures, they're a bit blurry because I was cooking at the same time (now there's a trick!).
How's the landscaping? Good? Bad? Unnecessary? (I hope its not unnecessary!)

All C+C welcome!

To do list:
Make 'tower' bit taller,
Add skeletons,
Add knights,
Swap dynamite for 'magic',
Make Medieval backstory,
Anything else?

ORIGINAL POST:

Hi! Okay, I'm a little bit late posting this (fine, a LOT late!), but here is one of my entries For the Castle Contest. I have a slight problem, though. I originally built it for the 'Castle' category, but now I see that it's generally the wrong shape. So, I figured it looked like a tower, and it's got a locked room (albeit a ground floor one), so I think that's how I'll enter it. What are your opinions?

Anyway, enough yapping, here's the pics:

1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|'Working' Dynamite 1|'Working' Dynamite 2

Key:

Pics 1-7: Exterior views
Pics 8-10: 'Swing open' tower
Pics 11-14: Interior
Pics 15-16: 'Locked' room
Pics 17-19: Car
Pics 20-23: Weaponry
Pics 24-27: MISC
Pics 28-31: Figure 'lineup' shots
'Working' dynamite 1+2: A little feature I included. Push the dynamite in; blow the rubble out!

Backstory:

Long ago, in the Middle Ages, a small tower in south-western England was cursed by an evil sorceress, it's inhabitants were forced to battle one another until Judgement Day. One knight prevailed over the rest in terms of skill, but even his flesh turned to dust over the centuries.
Now, Johnny Thunder and the gang have arrived to claim his hoarded treasure. But they had better watch out, as Lord Sinister has formed a ruthless gang of villains, who also want the treasure for themselves.
At least the Skeleton Warriors are dead... right?

Includes eight (and a half!) minifigures, a removable roof, an opening tower, a detailed car, lots of minifigure accessories and working dynamite action!

So, what does everybody think? Tower or something else? Good or bad? Cool or lukewarm? Eligible to enter?

All complements and constructive criticism are welcome!

Jinja..

P.S. Sorry about picture quality, but as long as you can tell what it all is... :D
Last edited by TheJinjaNinja on Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.
DARKspawn
Lord

Post by DARKspawn »

Interesting shape :) However I think you should better choose your minifigs so that they fit into the catagory - have a reread of the catagory discription. The tower needs to be a bit taller too. I think if you made the top structure taller & made the bottom into a raised landscape that would look much better. Keep it up!
TheJinjaNinja
Villein
Location: Ye Olde England, realm of the knights who say.. Ni! ____________________ 'Duel' Personality

Post by TheJinjaNinja »

DARKspawn wrote:Interesting shape :) However I think you should better choose your minifigs so that they fit into the catagory - have a reread of the catagory discription. The tower needs to be a bit taller too. I think if you made the top structure taller & made the bottom into a raised landscape that would look much better. Keep it up!
Thanks! I started building this when only the basic rules were up, so expect some fairly noticeable changes in compliance with the new ones!

Raised landscape is an interesting idea! I'll give it a shot, but I'm fairly new to it, so don't expect a masterpiece!
Spongey
Merchant

Post by Spongey »

This is a pretty good MOC. However, in the spirit of the contest, I don't think that the guns and dynamite are appropriate. This is medieval, and not western style. Other than that, it's good.
TheJinjaNinja
Villein

Update

Post by TheJinjaNinja »

Look, up there! Is it a dragon? Is it a Pegasus? No, its an update!

Check out my (alright-ish) landscaping. You may think that the other entries have beaten my entry into the ground, but I have a rope ladder up my sleeve and I've climbing back up! (Hopefully. This is all hypothetical.)

Jinja..
DARKspawn
Lord

Post by DARKspawn »

Not bad, definitely an improvement upon a plain baseplate. My suggestion would be to get as much coverage as you can, maybe stick with just 2 colours, & alter the angles of the sloped bricks so they point in different directions. :)
Legendary_Corsair
Archer

Post by Legendary_Corsair »

I say this on brickshelf,and I like the shape thats new to me.I usually use some more trees and foliage,but thats just me.
I am.......a....Future Legend
TheJinjaNinja
Villein

Post by TheJinjaNinja »

Sorry, I forgot to ask: any picture requests for this model?

Oh, and Version 2.0 will be up in a few hours, hopefully :) .

Thanks for your comments,

Jinja..
TheJinjaNinja
Villein

Post by TheJinjaNinja »

Sorry to double-post, but there's another update at the top!

Please leave comments and/or constructive criticism! :)

Jinja..
Prince Imdol
Master

Post by Prince Imdol »

Seems as though it does not fit castle moc category. I recomend dumping the truck and explorers if this will be castle stuff.
Or you can put it in general lego.
Seems like an Indiana Jones type thing.

P.I
Thomas C.
"Sow a thought, reap an action;
Sow an action, reap a habit.
Sow a habit, reap a character.
Sow a character, reap a destiny"

"Don't let school interfere with your education."-Huckleberry Finn
TheJinjaNinja
Villein

Post by TheJinjaNinja »

Prince Imdol wrote:Seems as though it does not fit castle moc category. I recomend dumping the truck and explorers if this will be castle stuff.
Or you can put it in general lego.
Seems like an Indiana Jones type thing.
It helps if you look at the update, buddy :lol: .

C'mon, people, I need feedback!
jangofett14
Apprentice

Post by jangofett14 »

Nice MOC, i prefer first tower. Congratulation!
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=filozof33]My Gallery[/url] | In Progress - CCC VI
TheJinjaNinja
Villein

Post by TheJinjaNinja »

Final update is here. Lets get some feedback, people :) !
kelderic
Knight Bannerett

Post by kelderic »

So the wand blows out the chunk of rock when pushed in? Very nice!

Kelderic
Battling with college to try and prevent the dark age.