Classic-Castle.com


The source for all your LEGO Castle needs!

Lands of Classic Castle - Discussion Thread

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games

Re: Lands of Classic Castle - Discussion Thread

Postby John Daniels » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:38 am

AK_Brickster wrote:Negative. LCC is not friendly to "steam punk" type MOCs, as decided by the community. Sorry :)

It wasn't my intention to create a "steam punk" MOC. But, thank you for clarifying. Now I need to think of something to fill the space where the engine was, hmm... :)
Image
For the Glory of Loreos!
User avatar
John Daniels
Serf
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:56 am

Re: Lands of Classic Castle - Discussion Thread

Postby pyro guy » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:43 am

Hey everyone. I've been sort of lurking the LCC posts and stuff and finally decided to sign up for the forums and give it a go. I was planning on making a character, but I don't know how he'd fit in, faction wise.

The basic backstory was that he was born an orphan, raised a thief, eventually spent some time raiding caravans with a small group of highwaymen, but his group was all killed except for him, because the (not so) Noble leading the attack found something very peculiar about him. When his scraggly hair was cut short, and his face cleaned, he looked near-identical to a very important political figure, Mark of Falworth. The corrupt noble decided to take him in, and spent the next 2 years teaching him how to write and read, the ways of the court, basic swordplay, and even how to play the lute, all in preparation to impersonate Mark of Falworth for the corrupt Nobles ends.

Fast-forward another 2 years later, and he's grown to love his home in Loreos, it's people and it's customs, and spends most of his time touring around Loreos, playing his lute for coin.

My question is that would he still count as an outlaw, or as a citizen of Loreos, now that he's asserted himself into Loreos society?

Sorry for the long post, I tend to get carried away when writing :roll:
Image
"This is how wars are won - not with vast armies, nor courageous hero's, but with a single knife blade, artfully placed."
User avatar
pyro guy
Laborer
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:25 am
Location: Captured during the Coronation.

Re: Lands of Classic Castle - Discussion Thread

Postby Elderon » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:12 am

First of all welcome to the Lands of Classic Castle, we're glad to have you ;)

Second, whichever faction you like the most is the one you should pick. As long as you make the story fit with your character and the faction. You mentioned the Outlaws which is a faction that is great because you can have your character live in any of the lands you choose. That's all up to your imagination and your storytelling. That's the great thing about LCC, you can build when and whatever you want as long as it's within the main rules. You don't have to enter every challenge in your faction if you don't want too.
So I guess the question would be, do you think he still counts as an Outlaw?
Image
Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed. ~G.K. Chesterton
User avatar
Elderon
Apprentice
 
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:10 am
Location: Roermond, Netherlands

Re: Lands of Classic Castle - Discussion Thread

Postby pyro guy » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:16 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome! I think I've decided to make my character a member of Loreos after all.
Image
"This is how wars are won - not with vast armies, nor courageous hero's, but with a single knife blade, artfully placed."
User avatar
pyro guy
Laborer
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:25 am
Location: Captured during the Coronation.

Re: Lands of Classic Castle - Discussion Thread

Postby mencot » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:14 pm

pyro guy wrote:Thanks for the warm welcome! I think I've decided to make my character a member of Loreos after all.
pyro guy wrote:Hey everyone. I've been sort of lurking the LCC posts and stuff and finally decided to sign up for the forums and give it a go. I was planning on making a character, but I don't know how he'd fit in, faction wise.

The basic backstory was that he was born an orphan, raised a thief, eventually spent some time raiding caravans with a small group of highwaymen, but his group was all killed except for him, because the (not so) Noble leading the attack found something very peculiar about him. When his scraggly hair was cut short, and his face cleaned, he looked near-identical to a very important political figure, Mark of Falworth. The corrupt noble decided to take him in, and spent the next 2 years teaching him how to write and read, the ways of the court, basic swordplay, and even how to play the lute, all in preparation to impersonate Mark of Falworth for the corrupt Nobles ends.

Fast-forward another 2 years later, and he's grown to love his home in Loreos, it's people and it's customs, and spends most of his time touring around Loreos, playing his lute for coin.

My question is that would he still count as an outlaw, or as a citizen of Loreos, now that he's asserted himself into Loreos society?

Sorry for the long post, I tend to get carried away when writing :roll:

Welcome to CC and LCC.
We also welcome you into the Loreesi ranks, looking forward to see what you will make of that story of yours. Sound really intresting :D
Sir Mencot Paladin and rogue
ImageImageImage
Flickr
User avatar
mencot
Twifealdlic Builder
 
Posts: 1177
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:28 am
Location: Den of unforgotten heros

Re: Lands of Classic Castle - Discussion Thread

Postby Mark of Falworth » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:25 am

John Daniels wrote:It wasn't my intention to create a "steam punk" MOC. But, thank you for clarifying. Now I need to think of something to fill the space where the engine was, hmm... :)

Yeah, LCC is quite medieval and has somewhat limited technology. I'm sure you'll find something else to fit the spot. ;) Great to see you've joined Loreos! Welcome to LCC! :D

pyro guy wrote:Thanks for the warm welcome! I think I've decided to make my character a member of Loreos after all.

Hey there! Welcome to LCC! :)
And you just joined the right faction! :D
User avatar
Mark of Falworth
Man-At-Arms
 
Posts: 889
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:51 pm
Location: In the sands of Loreos.

Re: Lands of Classic Castle - Discussion Thread

Postby John Daniels » Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:02 am

Mark of Falworth wrote:
John Daniels wrote:It wasn't my intention to create a "steam punk" MOC. But, thank you for clarifying. Now I need to think of something to fill the space where the engine was, hmm... :)

Yeah, LCC is quite medieval and has somewhat limited technology. I'm sure you'll find something else to fit the spot. ;) Great to see you've joined Loreos! Welcome to LCC! :D

Yeah, That's what I'm learning. I did find something to fill the spot, and as a bonus it looks a lot better! :) Thanks, your creations were one of the major reasons I decided to join Loreos. Thanks! :D
Image
For the Glory of Loreos!
User avatar
John Daniels
Serf
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:56 am

Re: Lands of Classic Castle - Discussion Thread

Postby Crazycrownieguy » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:16 am

Would it be ok if I created a secret order of good mages?
For the glory of Garhim!!!
Captain Rufus Song
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Crazycrownieguy
Artisan
 
Posts: 298
Joined: Sun May 13, 2012 3:42 am
Location: Wandering around Lenfald

Re: Lands of Classic Castle - Discussion Thread

Postby Mark of Falworth » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:02 pm

Crazycrownieguy wrote:Would it be ok if I created a secret order of good mages?


Yes, but as magic is generally outlawed in Roawia they would have to be secret and very careful about whom they share their knowledge with. :)
User avatar
Mark of Falworth
Man-At-Arms
 
Posts: 889
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:51 pm
Location: In the sands of Loreos.

Re: Lands of Classic Castle - Discussion Thread

Postby Crazycrownieguy » Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:31 pm

Mark of Falworth wrote:Yes, but as magic is generally outlawed in Roawia they would have to be secret and very careful about whom they share their knowledge with. :)

Ok, thanks Mark for answering so quickly.
For the glory of Garhim!!!
Captain Rufus Song
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Crazycrownieguy
Artisan
 
Posts: 298
Joined: Sun May 13, 2012 3:42 am
Location: Wandering around Lenfald

Re: Lands of Classic Castle - Discussion Thread

Postby Crazycrownieguy » Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:32 pm

Mark of Falworth wrote:Yes, but as magic is generally outlawed in Roawia they would have to be secret and very careful about whom they share their knowledge with. :)

Ok, thanks Mark, for answering so quickly.
Now back to building I go.
For the glory of Garhim!!!
Captain Rufus Song
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Crazycrownieguy
Artisan
 
Posts: 298
Joined: Sun May 13, 2012 3:42 am
Location: Wandering around Lenfald

Re: Lands of Classic Castle - Discussion Thread

Postby Lord Mercat » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:04 am

So, it seems questions about LCC should go in this thread, from what I could tell. This seems like a fun thing to do, but I have a question- it is never mentioned whether or not it is acceptable to have your character be a custom minifigure (as in actual modification, not just 3rd party accessories). As, if it were acceptable to do this, if I joined I would prefer to have my character be a custom figure. Anyway, would appreciate if anyone could inform me as to the rules on that- thanks!
Lord Mercat
Laborer
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:23 am

Re: Lands of Classic Castle - Discussion Thread

Postby AK_Brickster » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:26 am

Custom figures are allowed. Lord_of_orks has a 4-armed LCC character, for example :)
Image Image
Plastics make it possible! (BrickLink) - - - My Flickr Stream
Courage, Honor, Loyalty! For Garheim!
User avatar
AK_Brickster
Visconte des Paysans de Gong
 
Posts: 3214
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:02 pm
Location: Mushing through the Great Driftplains of Garheim

Re: Lands of Classic Castle - Discussion Thread

Postby Lord Mercat » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:06 am

Okay, sounds awesome then! I'll just have to decide what faction to join then. Thanks!
Lord Mercat
Laborer
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:23 am

Re: Lands of Classic Castle - Discussion Thread

Postby AK_Brickster » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:48 pm

In light of MOCs popping up with the new wargs from the Hobbit set, I'd like to suggest that we establish that the Great Northern Gray Wolf be accepted as having a natural habitat range from the forests of Lenfald to the northern reaches of Garheim. They are normally seen in their gray color phase in the south, and white in the north. Middle ranges of the habitat can find them in either gray or white, depending on the season.

They can be found in smaller numbers in the southeastern swamps, but usually only as a result of being partially domesticated by outlaws for their sinister uses.

What do you think?
Image Image
Plastics make it possible! (BrickLink) - - - My Flickr Stream
Courage, Honor, Loyalty! For Garheim!
User avatar
AK_Brickster
Visconte des Paysans de Gong
 
Posts: 3214
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:02 pm
Location: Mushing through the Great Driftplains of Garheim

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplay and LEGO gaming

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests