Classic-Castle.com


The source for all your LEGO Castle needs!

Factions Face-Off

Discussion of Castle Themed stories

Factions Face-Off

Wolfpack/Bulls
4
7%
Crusaders
8
15%
Undead
7
13%
Black Falcons
7
13%
Forestmen/Dark Forest
3
6%
Black Knights
12
22%
Vikings
6
11%
Royal Knights
5
9%
Dragonmasters/Fright Knights
2
4%
 
Total votes : 54

Factions Face-Off

Postby Shroud9 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:29 pm

:?: Which Castle Faction would dominate the Lego landscape if all out war broke out between these Faction groupings and the sets that comprise them?

I'm working-off the ideas in another post, combining weaker Factions and including two new ones, and removing others.

... so i thought this merited a new topic!

In the last post these were the results.

Crusaders 19% [ 10 ]
Black Falcons 21% [ 11 ]
Black Knights 32% [ 17 ]
Dragonmasters 7% [ 4 ]
Fright Knights 1% [ 1 ]
Wolfpack 0% [ 0 ]
Forestmen/Dark Forest 11% [ 6 ]
Royal Knights 3% [ 2 ]
KK1 1% [ 1 ]
Bulls 0% [ 0 ]

In this new post i wanted to change it up a bit, i took out KK1 because they aren't diverse enough, (a small band of hero's can't win a war) and i combined Wolkpack and Bulls, (because both are renegade outlaws, and they were outnumbered) and i combined Dragonmasters/Fright Knights just to see if people believed that their overwhelming use of dragons would give them an edge.

In addition, Undead and Vikings are now represented:

Wolfpack/Bulls
Crusaders
Undead
Black Falcons
Forestmen/Dark Forest
Black Knights
Vikings
Royal Knights
Dragonmasters/Fright Knights

And now they wage War!


... who do you think would win, and why???
(please list your Top 5)
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`• -=Richard=-
User avatar
Shroud9
Peasant
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:58 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada!

Postby architect » Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:41 pm

Since you are now combining factions together, this is less related to LEGO Castle sets. I am moving it to the Stories forum as it is more appropriate there.

Ben
CC Sets Admin
User avatar
architect
Baron von Ellermann
Baron von Ellermann
 
Posts: 4728
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2003 5:10 pm
Location: Saint Louis, MO USA

Re: Factions Face-Off

Postby kelderic » Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:38 am

Shroud9 wrote: took out KK1 because they aren't diverse enough, (a small band of hero's can't win a war)


I think you are mixing up KK1 with KK2.

Kelderic
Battling with college to try and prevent the dark age.
User avatar
kelderic
Knight Bannerett
 
Posts: 2583
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 8:45 pm
Location: Indiana, USA

Re: Factions Face-Off

Postby Shroud9 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:07 am

kelderic wrote:
Shroud9 wrote: took out KK1 because they aren't diverse enough, (a small band of hero's can't win a war)


I think you are mixing up KK1 with KK2.

Kelderic


Oh, my bad, you're right!
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`• -=Richard=-
User avatar
Shroud9
Peasant
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:58 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada!

Postby Shroud9 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:10 am

architect wrote:Since you are now combining factions together, this is less related to LEGO Castle sets. I am moving it to the Stories forum as it is more appropriate there.

Ben
CC Sets Admin


Thanks!
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`• -=Richard=-
User avatar
Shroud9
Peasant
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:58 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada!

Postby Blue Head » Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:32 pm

I say dragon masters. Think of it, skeletons (which seem to be the second strongest) can't out-match a good wizard! Not to mention the good dragons who could plow though the rotting bodies. We also have to remember that the undead are kinda dumb.... so a good wizard and some heavy attacks with dragons sould depleat the armies.
Image
User avatar
Blue Head
Steward
 
Posts: 510
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:40 pm
Location: Behind you...

Postby Luís » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:23 pm

I would say Black Knights and then crusaders, closely followed by the Black Falcons.
Black Knights first because they where the best armed and most numerous faction (plus they're fortresses seem very defensable).
The crusaders would be in second place to me, because although they weren't the best armed, they had a good fortresses and alot of characters.
Black Falcons would be the third because they have alot of bowmen and spearmen, although the bowmen might not do alot to the armored Black Knights. Also, they had a very good fortress.
On fourth and fifth places would be the Dragon Masters and Fright Knigths alliance (although I don't thing any of them are weak, they're fortresses aren't very good) and the Forestmen and Dark Forest alliance (they can be very good on hitting the others on secret in the forest, but waging war at a fortress they wouldn't stand a chance.
Last edited by Luís on Tue May 01, 2007 8:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Shelved bricks(???)
You know you're a good person when you see megablocks and have to do things you would rather not.
User avatar
Luís
Steward
 
Posts: 579
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2004 9:51 am
Location: I don't even know anymore

Postby kelderic » Tue May 01, 2007 2:27 am

I would still say that the Black Knights would win. They have heavy cavelry, weary the Euro Armor. Plus they have great fortresses.

Kelderic
Battling with college to try and prevent the dark age.
User avatar
kelderic
Knight Bannerett
 
Posts: 2583
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 8:45 pm
Location: Indiana, USA

Postby leaf_of_lire » Tue May 01, 2007 6:34 pm

I would have to say Black Knights. Although BF is my favorite theme :cry: . The Black Knights just seem stronger, than the other factions, some siege engines, and lots of calvary.
User avatar
leaf_of_lire
Reeve
 
Posts: 479
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:31 pm
Location: G-town MS

Postby Legendary_Corsair » Thu May 03, 2007 12:13 am

I think the Black Knights,I think they would win.
I am.......a....Future Legend
User avatar
Legendary_Corsair
Archer
 
Posts: 352
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:27 pm
Location: The Forbidden City of Komilthria

Postby Azaghal » Thu May 03, 2007 2:56 am

I voted for Undead. Can you say, "medieval zombie apocalypse"? :twisted: Plus, they have the biggest ship.
Image
ImageImage
Bricklink store - GabilzaramBricks
User avatar
Azaghal
Man-At-Arms
 
Posts: 845
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2004 6:23 pm
Location: Gabilzâram

Postby Spongey » Fri May 04, 2007 8:00 pm

My first choice would have to be the Black Knights. The heavy manpower, heavy cavalry, and large fortresses, not to mention a good navy, make them unbeatable. With 6085 and 6086 in the equation, it would be virtually impossible for them to be defeated in both, unless everyone gangs up on them. (My only worry.)
Second would have to be the Crusaders, due to the manpower that they possess. What puts them over the top is the civilian edge they have- lots of quality weapons coming from the armourer, and they can hang out at the Guarded Inn after a victory. :)
Black Falcons next, since they have good manpower, and solid fortresses. Not over inspiring, but they can get the job done.
Fourth place would go to the Dark Forest/Forestmen combination. The number of archers are a plus, as is the forest complex they hide out in. The lack of real fortress would be their undoing, as would their big weakness to the Dragon Masters. (Can someone say firebreathing! :D )
Finally, I would have to pick the Dragon Masters, since they have dragons capable of wreaking havoc and destruction, and a wizard capable of wreaking havoc and destruction. However, their shoddily constructed hideouts could be decimated by a big army like that of the Black Knights, while it only takes a couple of arrows to take out the dragons. (Like Bard in The Hobbit.)
There's my top 5: Let the Battles Begin!
Image
User avatar
Spongey
Merchant
 
Posts: 1377
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:39 pm
Location: Canada

Postby g2 » Mon May 07, 2007 10:06 am

The Black Knights would dominate the Lego landscape if all out war broke out between the various factions, as I believe that these guys are the most battle experienced faction, that Lego has produced.

You can tell that they are superior soldiers, by simply looking into their little beady eyes.
User avatar
g2
Sir Postsalot
 
Posts: 1053
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:20 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia - Age 38

Postby HeartOfDarkness » Mon May 07, 2007 8:19 pm

I would actually have to go against the flow and cast my vote with the Vikings. Not only do they posess an indefinate number of warriors, but they have the most extensive artillery of any theme yet. And you certianly can't forget the legions of evil beasts at their disposal. 8)
HeartOfDorkness
User avatar
HeartOfDarkness
Reeve
 
Posts: 478
Joined: Mon May 07, 2007 5:26 pm
Location: Fortress of Insufficient Light

Postby leaf_of_lire » Mon May 07, 2007 9:14 pm

HeartOfDarkness wrote: And you certianly can't forget the legions of evil beasts at their disposal. 8)
I thought they were trying to kill the Vikings :lol: .
User avatar
leaf_of_lire
Reeve
 
Posts: 479
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:31 pm
Location: G-town MS

Next

Return to Stories

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests