Robin Hood Tales

Discussion of Castle Themed stories
Mr. D
Councilor

Robin Hood Tales

Post by Mr. D »

Hi! I'd like to do the a bunch of Robin Hood stories in LEGO, sometime in the future. Does anyone have tips or suggestions for me? One question I have is should I build MOCs to stage the stories in, or use backdrops, i.e. Sherwood Forest MOC or a woods backdrop.
Barbapple
Steward

Post by Barbapple »

I'd like to see 'Robin Hood' Done completely in lego. Don't use backdrops, it takes away from the effect. Are you going to do the cheezy disney version, or will robin die at the end? Keep us poasted!
Mr. D
Councilor

Post by Mr. D »

Thanks for the suggestion. I was hopping Bruce H. would be able to help me out on this...

I would be going by the book Robin Hood by Paul Creswick. I'm not sure if I would do only parts of the book or all of it, but what I would do would be quoted exactly from the book.
Bruce N H
Precentor of the Scriptorium

Post by Bruce N H »

Hey,

I did a Robin Hood story here:
http://www.ozbricks.com/bricktales/robin/robinmain.html
It was one of the first stories I did, so most of the "scenery" is just my coffee table. I was fairly happy with my Sherwood Forest playset, though, also that red tower--I kept that up for a long time and used it in two stories because I was really happy with its shape.

Bruce
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

Like the tower AND THE fOREST HIDEOUT BH. The coffe table is fine to :D . Mister D: Go for it. I would love to see your work when it is finished :D
Space rocks.
Mr. D
Councilor

Post by Mr. D »

Yes, I've seen your stories, Bruce. But I was thinking of a Sava-style store, only not told in my own words.
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

Mr. D wrote:Thanks for the suggestion. I was hopping Bruce H. would be able to help me out on this...

I would be going by the book Robin Hood by Paul Creswick. I'm not sure if I would do only parts of the book or all of it, but what I would do would be quoted exactly from the book.

Augh! You can't mention that version without the more important illustrations by N.C. Wyeth!

My apologies for these Legoless digressions... :wink:
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
Sir Terrance
Councilor

Post by Sir Terrance »

Use LEGO bricks to make the backgrounds, but if you get short of bricks, you can always have a picture background with bricks in front, kind of doing both at the same time.
Mr. D
Councilor

Post by Mr. D »

TwoTonic Knight wrote:
Mr. D wrote:Thanks for the suggestion. I was hopping Bruce H. would be able to help me out on this...

Augh! You can't mention that version without the more important illustrations by N.C. Wyeth!

My apologies for these Legoless digressions... :wink:
:D ...illistrated by N.C Wyeth.

There, how's that? :lol:
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

I like the Robin Hood book written and illustrated by Howard Pyle. It is available through Dover Books. Pyle's Arthurian books are also wonderful.

Ben
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

architect wrote:I like the Robin Hood book written and illustrated by Howard Pyle. It is available through Dover Books. Pyle's Arthurian books are also wonderful.

Ben

If I may stay off-track for one more message just for the edification and encouragement of the young, Howard Pyle was a great american illustrator and teacher (N.C Wyeth was one of his students, and both were inspirations for Frank Frazetta). If you should happen into a bookstore or Library, look either Pyle or Wyeth (don't confuse N.C. with his son, Andrew, or grandson, Jamie) up. Great pirate and medieval stuff, though the black and white work that the Dover books reproduce in no way match his paintings, but I recommend them anyway.
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
SavaTheAggie
Lord Sava of Aggie

Post by SavaTheAggie »

Mr. D wrote:Yes, I've seen your stories, Bruce. But I was thinking of a Sava-style store, only not told in my own words.
Sava-style? I'm a style now? COOL! :D 8)

I'd just like to see more published stories, period. So I always look forward to whatever anyone puts online.

--Anthony
[url=http://www.ikros.net][img]http://www.ikros.net/links/ikrosbuttonsmall.jpg[/img][/url]

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

Post by lemon_squeezer2 »

TwoTonic Knight wrote: If I may stay off-track for one more message just for the edification and encouragement of the young, Howard Pyle was a great american illustrator and teacher (N.C Wyeth was one of his students, and both were inspirations for Frank Frazetta). If you should happen into a bookstore or Library, look either Pyle or Wyeth (don't confuse N.C. with his son, Andrew, or grandson, Jamie) up. Great pirate and medieval stuff, though the black and white work that the Dover books reproduce in no way match his paintings, but I recommend them anyway.
I have some of his books on king Arther. He is a very good writer and illustrater. I also have a book by him called "Otto of the silver hand" It's very well written.
"Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like heck"

KP 2011!