Who's still here?

Discussion of Castle Themed stories
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Who's still here?

Post by Sir Kohran »

Just wondering who's writing stories these days, and if ottoatm, The Ork, Maedhros, etc. and their stories are still active. Seems very quiet in this forum of late.
Prince Imdol
Master

Post by Prince Imdol »

I still write my story a lot. I look in here every now and then to see if a new story is there.

Everytime I post something, it is ignored, so I don't really post anymore.

P.I
Thomas C.
"Sow a thought, reap an action;
Sow an action, reap a habit.
Sow a habit, reap a character.
Sow a character, reap a destiny"

"Don't let school interfere with your education."-Huckleberry Finn
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

Actually I've been doing quite a lot of writing this summer (for a university course) but it has had very little to do with LEGO unfortunately. You can check out a less than serious short story HERE, and I'll put up a more serious one in a week or so.

As for my LEGO story plans they are pretty stagnant as of now. What with moving and perhaps too ambitious plans for my studies I'm afraid I won't have the time in the near future... but stay tuned ;)
"Hinc satis elucet maiorem habere uim ad discenda ista liberam curiositatem quam meticulosam necessitatem.”
- Augustinus Hipponensis
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

Maedhros wrote:Actually I've been doing quite a lot of writing this summer (for a university course) but it has had very little to do with LEGO unfortunately. You can check out a less than serious short story HERE, and I'll put up a more serious one in a week or so.

As for my LEGO story plans they are pretty stagnant as of now. What with moving and perhaps too ambitious plans for my studies I'm afraid I won't have the time in the near future... but stay tuned ;)
Glad to hear you're still active :) I was just looking at the Castle World forum and being a bit worried that everyone seemed to have vanished.
Quickblade22
22 times da man

Post by Quickblade22 »

My story is in what they like to call it in the movie biz "developmental heck". Lord Doom and I keep getting life in the way. Castle World seems to be the place for stories, but even they seem to be slow at this time. Not sure when I'll be getting back on that horse, but I've had tons of ideas that haven't made it to the paper :wink: Thanks for caring Matt!
Chief Smithy of Brick Forge
I buy LEGO, I play with LEGO, therefore LEGO are not for children, they are for me!
Graynar
Gentleman

Post by Graynar »

My story is still active, I just won't be able to work on it until I finish my summer job at the end of August.
The Crusader
Freeman

Post by The Crusader »

I am considering creating an Role Playing site for adventurers to take part in....and I would like to write a dio story.
Aliencat
Josh's Minion

Post by Aliencat »

Whereas I've just been wasting my precious time with non-Lego-related expressions of writing urges...
The sad part is I left room to make it a trilogy.
Between plotting to kill you all and chasing balls of yarn, I also build [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/30639040@N02/albums]MOCs[/url]

[img]http://stopthetrack.com/lego/embassy/alienambassadorpng.png[/img]
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

OK, HERE is the story that I promised, and HERE is one that I didn't promise. Good day to you ;)
"Hinc satis elucet maiorem habere uim ad discenda ista liberam curiositatem quam meticulosam necessitatem.”
- Augustinus Hipponensis
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Re: Who's still here?

Post by ottoatm »

Sir Kohran wrote:Just wondering who's writing stories these days, and if ottoatm, The Ork, Maedhros, etc. and their stories are still active. Seems very quiet in this forum of late.
It's cool that someone is asking about my Legelot story :)

I have written several hundred pages since the last published chapter, but I am in China now, and all my LEGO is in NY, so I can't take pictures.

Also, the government here, for some reason, has blocked my website in China, so I cannot even access Legelot! :( Maedhros - the two stories you wrote above are also blocked to me! :cry:

However, I'll be going home in December, and then many chapters will be published, since the writing is all done. 8)
Knight Templar
n. pl. Knights Templars or Knights Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

[url=http://legelot.50webs.com/mainPages/myStory.html]My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot![/url]
[url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World]CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild[/url]
Tower of Iron Will
Master

Post by Tower of Iron Will »

ottoatm wrote:
I have written several hundred pages since the last published chapter, but I am in China now, and all my LEGO is in NY, so I can't take pictures.

Also, the government here, for some reason, has blocked my website in China, so I cannot even access Legelot! :( Maedhros - the two stories you wrote above are also blocked to me! :cry:
Does China not like LEGO? Brutal, man. :? Maedhros definately stepped it up a noch with those stories. They were hauntingly good, definately a good starting point.
-Tower
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Despise learning and make everyone pay for your ignorance.

The water that floats a ship is the same that sinks it.

My LEGO figures keep me from being evil, drat!!
deathdog1
Apprentice

Post by deathdog1 »

Not writing, but filming, the next installment in the Glomshire tale. However, heading for writer's block after Gil reports to Lord Jerek about what Mordock's up to . . . I figure it out before I finish the "walking through the castle" scene I'm in the middle of. Should be ready to release it by October.
"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn!" http://glomshire.thecomicseries.com/comics/
siabur
Laborer

Post by siabur »

We, myself and hubby, are working on a Lego based comic. It's not neccesarily castle related, they do appear. It's semi-serious with gag based strips. Very linear. We just finished with one set of characters based off of the agents line, now that I think aboot it if it wasn't for them, I may have never figured out how to tie all of this nonsense together. So it should be availible in late september early octoberish. Right now there's a lot of plotting and set building.

Niki
Genuine Draft - A Brick Comic since October 2008
[url=http://www.dreamersink.com][img]http://www.dreamersink.com/gd/image/468x60fftban.jpg[/img][/url]
Lego is my prefered drug of choice.
[url=http://www.brickcomicnetwork.com]BCN: Brick Comic Network[/url]
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

Sir Kohran wrote:Just wondering who's writing stories these days, and if ottoatm, The Ork, Maedhros, etc. and their stories are still active. Seems very quiet in this forum of late.
I still write a lot. Due to real life circumstances, I always seem to encounter roadblocks when trying to write LEGO stories though. My old "Chronicles of Orkania" is currently on hold. One day soon I hope to get it rebooted, I wanted to do it at the beginning of summer, but things didn't work out like I had planned.
However, I'll be going home in December, and then many chapters will be published, since the writing is all done.
Sweet, I can't wait!
friskywhiskers
Landlord

Post by friskywhiskers »

I just started a new continues story that anyone can conyinue a few days ago. It`s called Sir Valence of Vaydale. Come check it out!