Storys themselves

Discussion of Castle Themed stories
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Storys themselves

Post by Robin Hood »

I have heard many people talk about this or that, that is in their "story", but just what is their story. Is it the way you play? Is it a history you have made up? Is it a novel you have written? Or what? Please tell me what your story is.
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Well, my story, such as it is, is in origin, in definition, and in intention completely unrelated to Lego. It is intended to end up being a fantasy/Tolkienesque novel, which if I'm lucky, will be published in some form or another.

Since I love Lego, however, it was inevitable that I began to create some of the places and characters in Lego fashion. As of now, virtually every Lego construction I have derives from this source.

However, these are about as much the story as Bruce's Lego LRs is the LR. It's faithful to the story, and is awesome in its own way, but it isn't the primary vision or mode.
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

Since I have two themes, I have two stories....

Ancients (no specific time date):
I've mixed a little bit of Tolkien, some Iliad/Odessy, some history, some Babylon 5 elements, some mythology, and some that I created entirely on my own.

Near-Future Military (timeline from 1980 to 2040):
This one is a mix of real-world events from 1900 to today, some "prophecies" by clarivoiants (sp?), some religious prophecies, some Tom Clancy type scenarios, story elements from games like Command & Conquer (Red Alert, Tiberian Sun, & Generals), and some that I just make up.
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
erikut
Steward

Post by erikut »

My story is just a thing i did at shool and i write more and more and mor until i get happy (that may take a wile)