Story? Lego's about building.
10%

Total votes: 30

Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Your story (if you have one)

Post by Formendacil »

Okay, basically I'm wondering how many people have stories to accompany their sets and/or creations.

I'll go first (duh!):

All of my currently built LEGO illustrates my in-progress-novel, and is based thereon. Not the other way around. I have most of the major characters, and token troops from every army, as well as a small version of the king's castle. (No pics online, sorry.)
Sir Smittens
Foot Soldier

Post by Sir Smittens »

I am almost done with a small villiage (yes, I have more than 4 MOCs! I just don't feel like most of them are good enough for me to post), and I seperatly had been thinking of writing a novel (okay, it's more of a "story") when I realized how subconciously I must've planned for a Lego version of the story--the creations fit into the story plan perfectly!

Whether I end up making this story or not, I'm not quite sure. Hopefully...

--Caleb
Philosophies of my life:

"A PC turned off is better than a PC turned on"

"It's not about who wins...it's about who gets to gloat after they win."
Snoopy
Archer

Post by Snoopy »

I haven't even given a story any thought. Currently I'm still building my kingdom (just started today virtually). I have made several short stop-motion movies using castle themes and plan to do more in future. I'll probably never write an actual story though.
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

I started a story for the CC-Roleplay that dried up a long time ago. Portions of that story were taken from the real story I have been working on for my little corner of the Castle Lego world. here is the link: viewtopic.php?p=2131#2131

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
J1A3L5
Steward

Post by J1A3L5 »

Usually I just build MOC's and not really worry about stories - However I do have one non-castle exception. My Futuristic Military theme for space does have a story sort of surrounding each MOC in a way. Nothing special, although I am planning to have it become more. Right now most of them are just made up to sound as if they're all technical and that.

With castle however, I don't do stories because I don't really have the castle figs to do any real story. Usually the faction is determined by which has the most figs.

:(
Green Fox
Bailiff

Post by Green Fox »

Megablocks yeah! I have an incredibly intricate story I have been brewing for four years that is mostly utter tosh, but is intricate none the less. It is all stored in my head, and I might try to tell it one of these days... :D
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

I use Lego to illustrate my epic scale stories, of which I have two.

~One set in the ancient mythical past.

~Another set in the modern times and near-future, but its an "alternate timeline".

Both have big battles, and etc.
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Big battles, eh? No surprise from you.
the_Rascal_King
Laborer

Post by the_Rascal_King »

For some reason, everytime I posted about my story on Lugnet, I felt like I was bragging, or that people thought I was trying to de-throne Anthony Sava.
This was a big part of why I went into a 2 year dark age.
Since then, I would write for one of my comics or on livejournal, and have an itch to get back to what I started to flesh out, yet left dangling and sorely unfinished.
This is a big part of why, upon coming back and re-writing my story, I decided it needed to be later enough in time so that the previous history would become an old legend, known by almost no-one, yet it's ramifications are still felt in the present timeline.
Have I used enough fifty cent words yet? hehe

So, as of now, almost all of the story I'm working on is written. About 1/2 is completely finished, the rest needs a little tuning up. I've also started storyboarding and this past weekend took the main shots for the first chapter.
I'm trying something completely new, I think the CC people will enjoy.

Here's to Star Wars, Star Trek, Wheel of Time, Dark Tower, Lord of the Rings, and Harry Potter geeks, fan-fic'ers, and all the other reasons why we breathe life into those darling little ABS people! :D
-Jason
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... alKing1083]the Rascal King[/url]
erikut
Steward

Post by erikut »

as noticed many times i have my own universe of lego i have duilt a lot of stuff i have alot of ideas and have vritten some down, and now as my wacashion(?) starts i have lot of time to write :D
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

Formendacil wrote:Big battles, eh? No surprise from you.
Well the Military Theme's battles won't be in the numerical scale of the Ancients. I mean come on, those tanks are expensive! I could buy 100 minifigs for ancients for every 1 modern/near-future military tank I build and I build them in minifig scale. Not those tiny ones like Koleda's.
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
Bruce N H
Precentor of the Scriptorium

Post by Bruce N H »

Most of my building is for my illustrated Lord of the Rings, but I make a lot of little MOCs in between LotR chapters.

Bruce
SavaTheAggie
Lord Sava of Aggie

Post by SavaTheAggie »

the_Rascal_King wrote:For some reason, everytime I posted about my story on Lugnet, I felt like I was bragging, or that people thought I was trying to de-throne Anthony Sava.
This was a big part of why I went into a 2 year dark age.
I hope you never got that feeling from me, and if you did I apologize. I remember reading the first story you published over at Lugnet, and I enjoyed it, and I hope I replied to say as much. As for myself, I've never felt like I've been on a throne, nor have I ever felt like I was being usurped. If anything I've always felt like de-throning The Brick Testament, simply because I always wished Ikros could get that kind of publicity. (the green eyed monster strikes!)

I really need to stop making stickers and start back up on Chaos Skies. I've been away from working on it too long again.

Link to my stories and website in my signature. If I build it, it usually ends up as an illustration.

--Anthony
[url=http://www.ikros.net][img]http://www.ikros.net/links/ikrosbuttonsmall.jpg[/img][/url]

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Green Fox
Bailiff

Post by Green Fox »

The brick testament hasn't updated in almost two months. Update now! Sway the masses!
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

I voted the last one because I couldn't find a better one. You should have put an option in there that your story sometimes have stuff built for it. Thats the way for me, I build all sorts of stuff but only some have to do with my story.

Ya my 200th POST!!!!
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.