My main figs are characters, but I've never written anything
10%
Story? Lego's about building.
10%

Total votes: 30

the_Rascal_King
Laborer

Post by the_Rascal_King »

SavaTheAggie wrote: I hope you never got that feeling from me, and if you did I apologize. I remember reading the first story you published over at Lugnet, and I enjoyed it, and I hope I replied to say as much. As for myself, I've never felt like I've been on a throne, nor have I ever felt like I was being usurped. If anything I've always felt like de-throning The Brick Testament, simply because I always wished Ikros could get that kind of publicity. (the green eyed monster strikes!)

I really need to stop making stickers and start back up on Chaos Skies. I've been away from working on it too long again.
Anthony,
I didn't mean to imply anything, especially about you. In fact, you were one of a handful of people who actually commented on my Lugnet posts, let alone positive ones.
Thanks for reiterating your enjoyment!
As for thrones...You and the Reverend are, again, some of the only AFOLs who put alot of time, effort, and creativity into your stories. You both should be respected for that, and not the quality of your work alone, which suffice it to say IS awesome!
As for the Brick Testaments 'Fame,' I think the only reason it got and gets the publicity it does because of it being an amalgamation of two quaint medium with HUGE fanbases, which are extremely marketable.
Religious people are notorious for shelling out major bucks for their love, as are AFOLs! With two combined to one, there was bound to be someone, either Religious or a Lego fan, that worked in the Journalism department.
However, in the wake of the market-adored LOTR, I think your work has a higher chance of getting noticed. Who knows, maybe it already has!
And finally, YES! While your toils over the torsos have been a blessing to us all, I think Chaos Skies deserves your time!

Keep Playin'
-Jason
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... alKing1083]the Rascal King[/url]
Green Fox
Bailiff

Post by Green Fox »

[quote]I use Lego to illustrate my epic scale stories, of which I have two.

~One set in the ancient mythical past.

~Another set in the modern times and near-future, but its an "alternate timeline".[quote]

Do you have these stories where they can be read?
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

Im actually still working on both stories simultaneously. They're both complex with the Ancients one being split into about 6 "sub-stories" while the 7th one brings all factions together. Its not 100% history, there's plenty of mythology involved with creatures like Cerebus, Maranhigs, Valkaries, and etc. Its basically talking myths from different cultures and "Tolkien-izing" them into a story. ;)

The modern & near-future one is an alternate timeline story. I have an actual name for it, "Conflict Zone - Global Crisis". Its based on world events in the past and present, some Tom Clancy-ish elements, religious prophecy stuff (but very subtle) and some actual real world figures with some 100% made up (but based on 1 or more real life people) characters.
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
Commander Redbeard
Bailiff

Post by Commander Redbeard »

I have a very interesting way of making a story. Ever since I was about seven, I would "Advance" my set ups to the next thing that happened, creating a storyline. One day, I recalled everything I could remember of what had happened so far, and wrote it all down. I have no idea what's going to happen next at any given time except a general idea about what's coming. I just think from the point of my minifigs, and once in a while snap a photo of what's going on to illustrate my story. It's now about 50 typwritten pages, and I havn't even finished recording what I started. It'll probably never be done unless I write myself into a corner, but sometime or other I'll post it up here for anybody who has a spare hour to read it.
Sitting in a midnight glade
Firelight dancing off burnished blade
A Forestman sits
Wondering about the next day
But after three mugs of ale
Let it bring what it may.
Commander Redbeard
Bailiff

Post by Commander Redbeard »

Oh, by the way, does anybody else do their story like that?
Sitting in a midnight glade
Firelight dancing off burnished blade
A Forestman sits
Wondering about the next day
But after three mugs of ale
Let it bring what it may.
Daimyo
Squire

Post by Daimyo »

Finally :) ...

My story is called Kataan, and their are over five different sagas contained within which consist of countless different stories and histories. Right now, it is a lot less castle then it used to be. It is sort of like this... combine 1800s politics, tactics and some uniforms, 1700s tech, wear and more uniforms, and blend it in with some medieval tech, economy, and setting. Odd, huh? I would go it to it more, but I am a little busy...
"Alright Kif, let's show these freaks what a bloated, runaway military budget can do"
cactus_master
Serf

Your story (if you have one)

Post by cactus_master »

i have one that all my friends are helping with and carrying out. once i have it all documented i'll put them on my website...once thats done.
person 1:*whisper whisper*
person 2:*whisper whisper*
person 3:*whisper whisper*
person 4: HOW DO YOU WHISPER!?!?!?!?!?!?!?