"That's My CC!"

Discussion of Castle Themed stories
Sir Smittens
Foot Soldier

"That's My CC!"

Post by Sir Smittens »

What would we do without a chat room here at CC?

Contrary to my opening statement, this post is not meant to praise the wonderful staff and site of CC, but to share an idea for the future!

So long story short, I've tried to make it my mission that every time I enter the chat with the group that was in when I first came to the chat (Freak, Jen, Jaily, Ben E.) I say something original, usually something that doesn't make sense. Today when I entered, I talked about how we should make a sitcom of our wild antics (though it was just Jaily and Jen in at the time) so I started telling it (the show)! Then I had the idea (and with much support from the other two (NOT REALLY! THEY MADE ME GIVE THEM CREDIT (not really))) to write the sitcom and post it here, in the stories forum. My first thought was "that's illegal--it's not lego." But then I thought: "Wait, I could MAKE it Lego!" My next thought was: "But it would be exclusionary to not include anyone who wants to be in." So I came up with the idea to write MULTIPLE episodes, each with 15 different CC Members!

The idea is: Post here, and list the pieces (and please have pics/links of the pieces or the actual fig) of your sig fig that you'd like to have on the show. However, the rules for this are like Arky's (Sava's) casting call for Ikros. No custom pieces. And also, since my collection is considerably smaller than many other peoples', it is likely that I will not have the exact pieces necisary for the fig. If this is the case, I'll PM you, but this problem can be avoided if you choose a semi-simple fig, or even better, list more than one.

Unfortunately, I can't star 300+ (even though many don't post) people in a show, so I have to limit it to 15 an episode. It's a first come first serve basis, but for this first episode, I'm going to for sure include Jen, Jaily, and me, and Freak and Ben E. (the last two I need their permission as I haven't asked it of them yet).

I think that's everything, but I feel that three closing statements are in order:

1) I've thought long and hard about it, but I've decided that I am willing to do this. Why wouldn't I? It's a story that makes fun of sitcoms--the jokes will be very bad (but in that, I hope, humor). This will likely tarnish whatever reputation I had here as a respectable person. However, I hope that I can be looked on as both a "little weirdo" (in Jen's words) and a semi-respected individual.

2) This probably won't be done for a while, as it is summer and we (my family) has plans.

3) This is supposed to be fun. Please don't kill each other (assuming people actually want to be in this) trying to get spots. If you don't make it in the first episode because you weren't on at the correct time, don't worry. Those (except me-- I need to be in it for motivational purposes, and possibly one of the four mentioned above, alternating each time) who have been picked for the first episode will not be picked for the second unless everyone who wants to be in has signed up. This is the same for how ever many round are necisary.

I think that's everything, please PM me with other questions or concerns, etc.

--Caleb

<<edit: I will use your fig for nothing other than the previously mentioned (this is the legal stuff), and to clarify this is a story like, I take a picture and put on a caption, not animated>>
Philosophies of my life:

"A PC turned off is better than a PC turned on"

"It's not about who wins...it's about who gets to gloat after they win."
erikut
Steward

Post by erikut »

you may add my sigfig and simce i am one of the first i guess i come on the show.
first see the peices (deeplinks) http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/eriku ... ig/001.jpg
you cant see the face so good so here it is http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/eriku ... ig/002.jpg
it you need the weapon here is a picture of that http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/eriku ... ig/004.jpg
i you need help to make some stupid jokes or need more facts about my sigfig "Rólindir Elanessë " just pm me

(the folder when online http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=87896)

Erik
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

Obviously you should have a monkey in there .... :wink:
And maybe the monkey could be kinda freaky... hmmm?
You know?

Monkeys are funny.

:D
footsteps
Tastes good with ketchup

Re: "That's My CC!"

Post by footsteps »

Okay, my avatar is the best bet for me. Now, since it has a customized ninja wrap, I'm cool with just a regular peasant cowl or even a tricorne hat. I don't have enough hair to justify a hair-piece, but my hair should be red and the beard is a must. Oh, and I'm 42, so I suppose I could qualify as either the "wise grandfather" or the "doofus dad" that usually populate sitcoms. :wink:

Alan
I'm a human BEING, not a human doing!
The two most important days of your life are the day you are born
and the day you discover why. (Donald Sensing)
One plus one equals three... for large values of one. (Bruce Fournier)
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

It's a shame that I'm not nearly as zany online as I am in real life. *sigh* That's all right. I've never been in the chat anyway.
Sir Smittens
Foot Soldier

Post by Sir Smittens »

Alright, this seems pretty good so far...

Footsteps and Erikut, I'll be able to take care of your figs.

Freak, are you saying you want to be a monkey!?

--Caleb
Philosophies of my life:

LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

Sir Smittens wrote: Freak, are you saying you want to be a monkey!?

Uh Yeah.

:D
erikut
Steward

Post by erikut »

well i would guess that my dude would be the stupid little brother or the enoying nabor that is in a bunch of shows

i know i said that i left but i wont leave until tomorrow
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Um I know this may sound stupid, but whats a sitcom? :?
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

A sitcom is an Acronym for a situational comedy. Every 30 minute comedy show on TV is considered a sitcom(Friends, Scrubs, Corner Gas etc...) Before the advent of TV sitcoms were radio comedy broadcasts. So a sitcom for CC would be a new form of sitcom utilizing the Internet. I talk a lot about stuff I only know a little about. Fun isn't it. :D

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

wlister wrote:A sitcom is an Acronym for a situational comedy. Every 30 minute comedy show on TV is considered a sitcom(Friends, Scrubs, Corner Gas etc...) Before the advent of TV sitcoms were radio comedy broadcasts. So a sitcom for CC would be a new form of sitcom utilizing the Internet. I talk a lot about stuff I only know a little about. Fun isn't it. :D

Will
Well that explains a bit, (though I would never have know that, seeing as I have never ever {and I mean this} watched TV in my live).

But how could you do it on a web site?
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
Daimyo
Squire

Post by Daimyo »

Well, put in, for a bit of comic relief, my Lego comedy duo Shorty and Klutz. One wears the white Adventurer's suit from the jungle sets, any head with glasses and re dhair (That's Klutz.) Shorty wears the Sam Sinister suit form the original Adventurers and has the dash head and hair.
"Alright Kif, let's show these freaks what a bloated, runaway military budget can do"
Green Fox
Bailiff

Post by Green Fox »

Robin Hood wrote:
wlister wrote:A sitcom is an Acronym for a situational comedy. Every 30 minute comedy show on TV is considered a sitcom(Friends, Scrubs, Corner Gas etc...) Before the advent of TV sitcoms were radio comedy broadcasts. So a sitcom for CC would be a new form of sitcom utilizing the Internet. I talk a lot about stuff I only know a little about. Fun isn't it. :D

Will
Well that explains a bit, (though I would never have know that, seeing as I have never ever {and I mean this} watched TV in my live).

But how could you do it on a web site?
About never watching TV, you aren't missing out on much.

An idea for guests: look, It's Cjeld cirk christiansen, who is NOT Kjeld Kirk Khristiansen, no-sir-e!(cheap way to shoe-horn in Kjeld)
Sir Smittens
Foot Soldier

Post by Sir Smittens »

Daimyo wrote:Well, put in, for a bit of comic relief, my Lego comedy duo Shorty and Klutz. One wears the white Adventurer's suit from the jungle sets, any head with glasses and re dhair (That's Klutz.) Shorty wears the Sam Sinister suit form the original Adventurers and has the dash head and hair.
Unless less than 15 people "sign up" for this, I can use both of your guys (assuming I have pieces...I literally got back in the house from vacation 15 mins ago and haven't checked yet). Otherwise, I'll have to pick the simpler one.

Sorry!

--Caleb
Philosophies of my life:

moom
Freeman

Post by moom »

There was a "knights of the round table"-themed comedy show, aimed at children, in the UK during 2002 and 2003. It's called "Sir Gadabout", and they just started broadcasting it my home country, The Netherlands.
See: http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/guide/artic ... 3100.shtml and enjoy the silly names of the knights (Sir's) in the casting list. Get them all? *) I have to agree with the author it wasn't a exeptionally good show, but for me it was entertaining enough to keep me watching.

With friendly greetings, Sir Castic.

*) I suggest we play a little game to see if we can come up with as much funny "Sir"-names as posible.