Happy Birthday Ikros!

Discussion of Castle Themed stories
SavaTheAggie
Lord Sava of Aggie

Happy Birthday Ikros!

Post by SavaTheAggie »

I can't believe I missed it!

On July 1st, 2000, the Kingdom of Ikros was born onto the Internet.

Today, Ikros is 4 years (and a few days) old, and while I haven't been active with it too much lately, I still want to celebrate!

So in honor of this wonderful milestone, ummm... hmm... I dunno. We gotta do something.

How about sharing your favorite Ikros moments?

Or maybe sharing some alternate endings for the 'Chronicles'?

Or maybe sharing your opinion on where the 'Chaos Skies' story is going to go?

Pick one, or come up with your own way to celebrate, either way, have fun with it!

--Anthony
[url=http://www.ikros.net][img]http://www.ikros.net/links/ikrosbuttonsmall.jpg[/img][/url]

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday dear Ikros,
Happy Birthday to you.

Congrads! I astonded that you but it up so long ago.

As a big fan of Chaos, as you probalby know, I am going to speculate on the future of it. I haven't the foggiest on were the story is going but I have a few things I think might happen. Garalt is going to die, Garadain is going to get a girl friend. And Greylen is going to die. Those are just what I think is going to happen though. Happy Birthday again. :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Congratulations!

Ikros is what led me to CC! It led me to making MOCs! It providing literary impetus at a time when the writing gas was low!

Speculations: Queen (I forget her name: sorry, but you aren't Tolkien, however great you are!) dies. Garalt recovers, partly from shock, but is stricken with grief. Abdicates at end of story. Goes off as hermit. As an old man, returns to society and we get BOOK 3.

Greylin doesn't die. (He has to reestablish his order.)

Garadaine gets girlfriend, becomes king. (At end of story)

Swift-strike re-enters the story.

Dragon devours orcs. and goblins. and evil leader. Gets fat, and goes to sleep for centuries.

End speculations.
Barbapple
Steward

Post by Barbapple »

Happy B-Day Iki!!!

ok

My favorite moment is in the origanal Ikros. It is when the traitors finally reveal themselves....a kick in the groin of a plot twist....great work...

---------------------------
ok, putting my mind into the futcher......hmmm...hmmm..
Garadaine's group will find of his escape. Cassrien will be the one to take action, coming to his rescue. She will take a liking to the prince. Myllia will see what is going on, and get jelous, reacting with rage. The two women will fight to the death. Cassrien wins, and to Garadaine's dismay, kills Myllia. The prince will again, leave his group.

The king will find Garadiane, and Gardian will try to talk scence into him. Garalt will not calm down, and will face against his son in a battle to the end. Garadiane kills his father, and cries over his body.

The prince leaves the aria, and finds a farm out in the hills. He breaks into farmlife, and gives up being a soldier. With no great heros, the world falls to darkness. Evil wins. The end.
-----------------------
I know my prediction is wayyyyyy off, but i get points for creativity, right? :P
Darth Duck
Villein

Post by Darth Duck »

Well I recently finished the Chronicles of Ikros, and I just started Chaos Skies, but it's pretty darn good.
A man walks into a bar....

OUCH!
Mr. D
Councilor

Post by Mr. D »

Happy Birthday, Ikros! I to was lead to Castle LEGO through Ikros.

I've got another suggestion for a way to celebrate; start writing chapter eight! :D

---------
Garadaine marries Myllia. Masark becomes a dark wizard that rivals Greylen. Greylen has to destroy him with the help of Garadaine.
---------

Hm... Not to much, but all I can think of at the moment.
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

8)

Dude, congrats!

I must admit that I have never read the Chronicles of Ikros. :cry: *hangs head in shame*

...But maybe that I've got more time on my hands because it's summer I'll start reading it!
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
SavaTheAggie
Lord Sava of Aggie

Post by SavaTheAggie »

Formendacil wrote:Speculations: Queen (I forget her name: sorry, but you aren't Tolkien, however great you are!) dies. Garalt recovers, partly from shock, but is stricken with grief. Abdicates at end of story. Goes off as hermit. As an old man, returns to society and we get BOOK 3.
Oh, Ikros 3 doesn't involve Garalt, or Garadaine for that matter, its set in the... oops.. I've said too much ;)

--Anthony
[url=http://www.ikros.net][img]http://www.ikros.net/links/ikrosbuttonsmall.jpg[/img][/url]

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Okay...

Then make a Book 4. Or is that kinda planned too?

Anyway, it was just a prediction.

And you did ask for it. :D
Chancellor Erik
Apprentice

Post by Chancellor Erik »

Yeah, happy birthday Ikros! Favorite moments? Naah...the whole story rocks 8) . Keep up the good work, as always.
Remember, when you reach for the stars, they're too far away and its hopeless. And even if you could, that would burn your hand clean off. - Wally, from Scott Adams' "Dilbert"
Duke_Dave
Reeve

Post by Duke_Dave »

I happen to agree with Cancellor Erik the whole story is cool 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) But the battle in the end is my fav. part. :P
The Josh
Apprentice

Post by The Josh »

I am a huge fan of Ikros. I just hope you keep writing. The first story was great, and Chaos Skies has lots of potential. If only you could write faster than I can read.....

-The Josh
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

Birthy Happyday Ikros! The best kingdom in the land. Please never stop!
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

I discovered Ikros before it became something awful. :wink: Since then it has really gone downhill and the owner should think about giving up and giving me all his Lego.

Anyway Ikros much like Kevin Hall's Andrastavia were inspirational to me. It was the first time I remember feeling like there were other guys out there who were as crazy as I was. I remember I lurking around Lugnet and being amazed every time Anthony updated the site. I'd have to say my favorite Ikros moment was in fact the discovery of the Ikros site. I remember reading The Paladins of Karkos and being jealous of the trans light blue spear pictured in the story. It was this story and some of the parts I saw in it that kept me from another dark age. So I guess I should say thanks to Anthony for being a large part of why I am an active AFOL, before I discovered Ikros, I would have been considered a sleeper. So happy birthday Ikros and thanks Anthony for being crazier than me. :lol:

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
TheMightyTwoAxe
Serf

Post by TheMightyTwoAxe »

Happy birthday to a great lego story.
Ikros is awsome and if it wasn't for Ikros I never would have found classic-castle.