Classic-Castle.com


The source for all your LEGO Castle needs!

Castleland Stories Discussion and News Thread

Discussion of Castle Themed stories

Re: Castleland Stories Discussion and News Thread

Postby Napoleon » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:13 pm

Sir Zeppelin wrote:Update about the map:

So, based on what I know as of right now, this is what we have: http://legotales.webs.com/apps/photos/p ... d=87362078

The Viking River should probably be smaller in that picture. If you'd like, Napoleon, you can copy and paste that picture, edit it, add save it to your files, upload it to the TLF Frontpage Website (there is a spot for pictures on there, too), and then post it on here. Or, you can simply make your own Microsoft Paint Drawing.

Napoleon, how similar to the floor map that you have made does this mpa have to be? Does every curve, squiggle, and line have to be the same? I'd like to at least get the shape of the countries and the landmass spot-on.



I am afraid I am not sure how to even find Microsoft Paint. Where is it on the computer?
"There are two powers in this world, the sword and the pen; and in the end the former is always conquered by the latter"- Napoleon Bonaparte

TeenLEGOFans.com!

My Flickr!
User avatar
Napoleon
Archer
 
Posts: 394
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:05 pm
Location: Vendameria, leading the knights into battle. :P

Re: Castleland Stories Discussion and News Thread

Postby Sir Zeppelin » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:20 am

Napoleon wrote:I am afraid I am not sure how to even find Microsoft Paint. Where is it on the computer?

Start, All Programs, Accessories, Microsoft Paint. If it's not there, I'm sure it's on your computer somewhere; it'd surprise me if it isn't.
Here comes the orator! With his flood of words,
And his drop of reason.
- Ben Franklin

LEGO Tales Castleland Group Stories

My Brickshelf

Enjoy writing LEGO castle stories? Check out Castle World
User avatar
Sir Zeppelin
Foot Soldier
 
Posts: 216
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:17 am
Location: On the battlefiels, performing my duties as a foot soldier.

Re: Castleland Stories Discussion and News Thread

Postby Napoleon » Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:27 pm

I found paint! It's kinda fun. :)

http://z7.invisionfree.com/Teen_LEGO_Fa ... ic=73&st=0

I posted it on LEGO Artwork on TLF.com. :D

EDIT: I posted it on the Teen LEGO Fans homepage. :)

EDIT: I just made another map:

http://z7.invisionfree.com/Teen_LEGO_Fa ... c=73&st=0&
"There are two powers in this world, the sword and the pen; and in the end the former is always conquered by the latter"- Napoleon Bonaparte

TeenLEGOFans.com!

My Flickr!
User avatar
Napoleon
Archer
 
Posts: 394
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:05 pm
Location: Vendameria, leading the knights into battle. :P

Re: Castleland Stories Discussion and News Thread

Postby Sir Zeppelin » Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:06 am

Sorry about my absence, everybody. We were experiancing internet problems; we now have a new modem, so things should be fine now.

Well, CC3 arrived in the mail a few days ago. I had to wait until we had internet to register it so I can use it; tonight, I'll become more familiar with the program. I'm going to make a small practice map before I embark upon Castleland. As the big map progresses, I'll post picture on here. With your guy's help, I'll be able to craft the realm of Castleland to the T. :D
Here comes the orator! With his flood of words,
And his drop of reason.
- Ben Franklin

LEGO Tales Castleland Group Stories

My Brickshelf

Enjoy writing LEGO castle stories? Check out Castle World
User avatar
Sir Zeppelin
Foot Soldier
 
Posts: 216
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:17 am
Location: On the battlefiels, performing my duties as a foot soldier.

Re: Castleland Stories Discussion and News Thread

Postby Napoleon » Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:30 pm

Great! I can't wait! :D I am sure you'll do a great job.
"There are two powers in this world, the sword and the pen; and in the end the former is always conquered by the latter"- Napoleon Bonaparte

TeenLEGOFans.com!

My Flickr!
User avatar
Napoleon
Archer
 
Posts: 394
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:05 pm
Location: Vendameria, leading the knights into battle. :P

Re: Castleland Stories Discussion and News Thread

Postby Sir Zeppelin » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:02 pm

Voila! I know the map is a little cluttered, and that the text is a little hard to read, but hey, it's a practice map. I learned several things by making this one. Since that map only took me a few hours, I'm going to try making onbe more practice map before embarking upon the Castleland map.

Let me know what you think! On this next map, I'm going to add borders for a couple of kingdoms, and I'll try using dots and squares to represent cities, along with the symbols.

EDIT: Here is my second map, and last "practice" map. This one isn't as cluttered, and in general has a better appearance, in my opinion. The next map I embark upon shall be the Castleland map.

ANOTHER EDIT: S ofar, I have been posting the Castleland map's progress in three different forums: here, CW, and TLF. Rather than keep posting the progress in three different forums, I'll just post them in this thread in TLF. Enjoy!
Here comes the orator! With his flood of words,
And his drop of reason.
- Ben Franklin

LEGO Tales Castleland Group Stories

My Brickshelf

Enjoy writing LEGO castle stories? Check out Castle World
User avatar
Sir Zeppelin
Foot Soldier
 
Posts: 216
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:17 am
Location: On the battlefiels, performing my duties as a foot soldier.

Re: Castleland Stories Discussion and News Thread

Postby Albatross_Viking » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:50 pm

Nice maps, Zeppelin!
I have a question about the Khans name in the second story. One place, he is called Yokoma Chan yin Sang, and Sosukay (Khan) another place.
I used both names in my latest adition to the story. Im sort of thinking of, that the name he was born with could be the Yokoma Chan thing, and that the Sosukay thing then could be his "official" name, like a name he got when becoming Khan?
PS. I will not be able to answer any replies to this for some time, but i just wanted to get the question asked while im sure i remember it.

A_V
Lenfel Militia & Minister of Information Distribution
Image
Image
FlickR
User avatar
Albatross_Viking
Gentleman
 
Posts: 730
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:58 am
Location: Denmark - The Frozen North

Re: Castleland Stories Discussion and News Thread

Postby Napoleon » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:07 pm

Albatross_Viking wrote:Nice maps, Zeppelin!
I have a question about the Khans name in the second story. One place, he is called Yokoma Chan yin Sang, and Sosukay (Khan) another place.
I used both names in my latest adition to the story. Im sort of thinking of, that the name he was born with could be the Yokoma Chan thing, and that the Sosukay thing then could be his "official" name, like a name he got when becoming Khan?
PS. I will not be able to answer any replies to this for some time, but i just wanted to get the question asked while im sure i remember it.

A_V


I agree, the maps are fantastic! :) However, Sosukay sounds familiar, but I don't see it anywhere. Could you tell me which post it's in?

I'm sorry I haven't been writing a lot lately, but I will definately post tomorrow. I've been really busy lately beginning with a family get-together and now I have a bad cold. I'll get my act together tomorrow and update at least two stories. :D
"There are two powers in this world, the sword and the pen; and in the end the former is always conquered by the latter"- Napoleon Bonaparte

TeenLEGOFans.com!

My Flickr!
User avatar
Napoleon
Archer
 
Posts: 394
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:05 pm
Location: Vendameria, leading the knights into battle. :P

Re: Castleland Stories Discussion and News Thread

Postby Sir Zeppelin » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:18 am

Considering our new character, Gonn, I think it would be cool if he didn't escape until the Samuri armada reaches shore, or some island. Maybe he could try, but then fail. In the past during our storytelling, whenever a character was casptured, they would always escape. I think that this time it would be cool to have a character be in imprisonment for a while.

What do you all think?

Also, Seikfried and A_V, if you want to post here on the story, you are more than welcome. Me and Napoleon will just have to check by here and see if you guys have posted. Is this OK with you, Napoleon?
Here comes the orator! With his flood of words,
And his drop of reason.
- Ben Franklin

LEGO Tales Castleland Group Stories

My Brickshelf

Enjoy writing LEGO castle stories? Check out Castle World
User avatar
Sir Zeppelin
Foot Soldier
 
Posts: 216
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:17 am
Location: On the battlefiels, performing my duties as a foot soldier.

Re: Castleland Stories Discussion and News Thread

Postby Napoleon » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:30 pm

Sir Zeppelin wrote:Considering our new character, Gonn, I think it would be cool if he didn't escape until the Samuri armada reaches shore, or some island. Maybe he could try, but then fail. In the past during our storytelling, whenever a character was casptured, they would always escape. I think that this time it would be cool to have a character be in imprisonment for a while.


I agree, they did always escape, now that I look back. Um, I'm not trying to be a grammar fascist, or anything, but I think you mean "Sameri." :wink: It's kinda ironic though, since, when I first invented the country, years ago, I did in fact spell it "Samuri." :) I can't remember my reason for changing it to "eri," or for that matter, why I changed it at all. :lol: Oh well, though, it's not a big deal, sometimes I can't remember the way I spell certain countries. Ruratainia used to give me fits trying to remember how to spell it. Example: Ruratania or Ruratainia.

Sir Zeppelin wrote:Also, Seikfried and A_V, if you want to post here on the story, you are more than welcome. Me and Napoleon will just have to check by here and see if you guys have posted. Is this OK with you, Napoleon?


Yup, they can post wherever they want. :D
"There are two powers in this world, the sword and the pen; and in the end the former is always conquered by the latter"- Napoleon Bonaparte

TeenLEGOFans.com!

My Flickr!
User avatar
Napoleon
Archer
 
Posts: 394
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:05 pm
Location: Vendameria, leading the knights into battle. :P

Re: Castleland Stories Discussion and News Thread

Postby Sir Zeppelin » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:46 pm

Napoleon wrote:I agree, they did always escape, now that I look back. Um, I'm not trying to be a grammar fascist, or anything, but I think you mean "Sameri." :wink: It's kinda ironic though, since, when I first invented the country, years ago, I did in fact spell it "Samuri." :) I can't remember my reason for changing it to "eri," or for that matter, why I changed it at all. :lol: Oh well, though, it's not a big deal, sometimes I can't remember the way I spell certain countries. Ruratainia used to give me fits trying to remember how to spell it. Example: Ruratania or Ruratainia.


Well then, let's figure out the official spellings.

Is Ruratainia to be spelt Rur-a-tain-ia or Rur-a-tan ia

Is Sameri to be spelt Samuri or Sameri?
Here comes the orator! With his flood of words,
And his drop of reason.
- Ben Franklin

LEGO Tales Castleland Group Stories

My Brickshelf

Enjoy writing LEGO castle stories? Check out Castle World
User avatar
Sir Zeppelin
Foot Soldier
 
Posts: 216
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:17 am
Location: On the battlefiels, performing my duties as a foot soldier.

Re: Castleland Stories Discussion and News Thread

Postby Albatross_Viking » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:48 am

Napoleon wrote:However, Sosukay sounds familiar, but I don't see it anywhere. Could you tell me which post it's in?


Post 1, line 9, word 6.

Home again from Ireland, its really a beautiful country :)

A_V
Lenfel Militia & Minister of Information Distribution
Image
Image
FlickR
User avatar
Albatross_Viking
Gentleman
 
Posts: 730
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:58 am
Location: Denmark - The Frozen North

Re: Castleland Stories Discussion and News Thread

Postby Napoleon » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:07 pm

Sir Zeppelin wrote:
Napoleon wrote:I agree, they did always escape, now that I look back. Um, I'm not trying to be a grammar fascist, or anything, but I think you mean "Sameri." It's kinda ironic though, since, when I first invented the country, years ago, I did in fact spell it "Samuri." I can't remember my reason for changing it to "eri," or for that matter, why I changed it at all. Oh well, though, it's not a big deal, sometimes I can't remember the way I spell certain countries. Ruratainia used to give me fits trying to remember how to spell it. Example: Ruratania or Ruratainia.


Well then, let's figure out the official spellings.

Is Ruratainia to be spelt Rur-a-tain-ia or Rur-a-tan ia

Is Sameri to be spelt Samuri or Sameri?


Sameri. :)
Ruratainia. :)


Albatross_Viking wrote:
Post 1, line 9, word 6.

Home again from Ireland, its really a beautiful country.

A_V


Oh, okay! My fault. :tasty: If you'll edit it out of your posts, I'll edit it out of mine, to avoid any confusion. "Oh, when Irish eyes are happy, shore is like the world is bright and gay!" :mrgreen: Neat vacation, Alby. :D
"There are two powers in this world, the sword and the pen; and in the end the former is always conquered by the latter"- Napoleon Bonaparte

TeenLEGOFans.com!

My Flickr!
User avatar
Napoleon
Archer
 
Posts: 394
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:05 pm
Location: Vendameria, leading the knights into battle. :P

Re: Castleland Stories Discussion and News Thread

Postby Albatross_Viking » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:43 am

Napoleon wrote:"Oh, when Irish eyes are happy, shore is like the world is bright and gay!"

Hihi :mrgreen:

Napoleon wrote: If you'll edit it out of your posts, I'll edit it out of mine, to avoid any confusion.

I´ll do that.

A_V
Lenfel Militia & Minister of Information Distribution
Image
Image
FlickR
User avatar
Albatross_Viking
Gentleman
 
Posts: 730
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:58 am
Location: Denmark - The Frozen North

Re: Castleland Stories Discussion and News Thread

Postby Napoleon » Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:20 pm

Albatross_Viking wrote:
Napoleon wrote:"Oh, when Irish eyes are happy, shore is like the world is bright and gay!"

Hihi :mrgreen:

Napoleon wrote: If you'll edit it out of your posts, I'll edit it out of mine, to avoid any confusion.

I´ll do that.

A_V


I heard that Irish, I think drinking, song in some movie about Ireland sometime. I don't know if it's exact, though. Oh, one last off-topic thing: did you go to the Republic or Ulster?

The story seems to be picking up lately, doesn't it. It's seeming more like the old story, and how there were constant posts. :)
"There are two powers in this world, the sword and the pen; and in the end the former is always conquered by the latter"- Napoleon Bonaparte

TeenLEGOFans.com!

My Flickr!
User avatar
Napoleon
Archer
 
Posts: 394
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:05 pm
Location: Vendameria, leading the knights into battle. :P

PreviousNext

Return to Stories

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests