72%
Majisto
28%

Total votes: 25

Sir Troy of Linebaugh
Serf

Majisto Vs. Gandalf

Post by Sir Troy of Linebaugh »

In a wizards duel, who would win, Majisto or Gandalf? Most people have made Gandalf as a lego character. I have. In fact I prefer Gandalf over Majisto. My brother on the other hand likes the faction Dragon Masters and likes to think Majisto as the most powerful wizard. They both come from different themes and Gandalf doesn't really have anything to do in legos so it might not even matter.
"You have bled with Wallace! Now bleed with me!" - Robert the Bruce at Bannockburn

Alba ga bra!
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

Majisto is like a weakling wizard or a lowly conjurer, Gandalf has real power, he fought the Balrog, the Balrog would have eaten Majisto and his puny dragon too. :lol:

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
J1A3L5
Steward

Post by J1A3L5 »

Really, you can't tell. As far as I know there's no real outline of Majisto's powers. Lots of Gandalf's are shown in the movie, but Majisto's are largely unknown. So unless I've missed something, you can't really say.
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

Perhaps one of the admins could combine this thread and the other one of the same name? It'd be tough to follow any discussion if it's found in two places at the same time.
"Always do what you want, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~ Doctor Suess
Duke_Dave
Reeve

Post by Duke_Dave »

Is there a question about it? GANDOLF!!!! In my opinion.

Dave
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

They had a little comic available in Canada of some sort back in the days of the Dragon Masters not text and only a few pages, but I seem to recall Majistos magical prowess falling into the hedge wizard level of power. Although based on his look Majisto does seem to be modelled after Gandalf. Its too bad they never made the wizard's hat in light grey. But if you look at them as toys, Toybiz's version of Gandalf could kick the bejebbers out of the little Majisto minifig. :twisted:

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
Legolas
Foot Soldier

Post by Legolas »

Hmm, Question ?

Gandalf the grey or Gandalf the white ?

Either way Majisto doesn't have a chance.. IMO

Offtopic: In my Lego world the all mighty Wizards name is 'Nevtalath' and I still think Gandalf would win in a match against him....

Here's an interesting question:

Gandalf vs. Merlin who would win ?

-- Joey
Dada
Freeman

Post by Dada »

In my world, Majisto is stronger than Gandalf...
Why ??? Because Gandalf doesn't exist !!! :twisted:
Superdada, grand général des armées Léonidienne
jamitjames
Gentleman

Post by jamitjames »

Do you really think that star thing could beat Gandalf? Maybe the guy Lord_of_the_Lego made could beat Gandalf.
[url=http://radio.laml.org/]LAMLradio: LEGO Talk Podcast[/url]
Luís
Steward

Post by Luís »

You forget that Majisto is LEGO and if we want, he can be all power-full, but Gandalf is determinated, wich means he only have some powers.
This is why Majisto can beat Gandalf.
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/7sword7/]Shelved bricks(???)[/url]
You know you're a good person when you see megablocks and have to do things you would rather not.
Sir Garth
Apprentice

Post by Sir Garth »

Majisto?
Erm... :lol: He's simply hanging at my tower for wall-defence :lol:

And I agree with Luis
*And the bulls arrive in kk2*
Cedric the bull: "Hahaha Leo we're here to- wtf?"
*and the bulls see some happy knights bouncing at each other with carts*
Cedric (shocked): "I guess we got the wrong KK''
Bull soldier (frightened): "Lets go back"
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

wlister wrote: Its too bad they never made the wizard's hat in light grey.
Gandalf the Grey's hat was BLUE (see "An Unexpected Party" 's description of Gandalf.)
J1A3L5 wrote:Lots of Gandalf's are shown in the movie, but Majisto's are largely unknown
THE Gandalf is NOT derived from the movies. Gandalf is a character from The Lord of the Rings, a BOOK by J.R.R. Tolkien.

While the Gandalf of the movies is VERY accurate, and is probably tied for best-portrayed (tied IN MY OPINION, with Sam and Boromir), he in nonetheless, NOT the Gandalf. (Sorry about the rampage, but reference to the movie as THE source, even by people who have never read the books really irks me. And for what its worth, neither the book nor the movie really outline the FULL extent of what Gandalf could do.)

And now, for the original question:

Gandalf vs. Majisto?

There is only one answer here. Gandalf. Okay, actually there are several answers: Mithrandir, Olorin, Tharkun, Incanus, the White Rider, the Grey Wanderer, Greyhame, etc.

I hardly need to say why I think this, but I will anyway.

Gandalf is an immortal being, created before the world was made, chosen to be a wizard by Manwe and Varda, equal in original power and prestige to Sauron and Saruman. Gandalf was of the host of Manwe, learned much of Nienna, was considered wisest of the Maiar, was ultimately the greatest of the Istari (aka: the wizards), was the bearer of Narya the Great, and was the engineer of Sauron.

Need I say more? Okay, I will.

Majisto lives in a desert. He was banished with his followers (the Dragon Masters), and has failed abysmally every time he has tried to leave the desert.

Yes, I know that Lego means you can play with people however you want. Well this is how I want.
Legolas wrote:Gandalf vs. Merlin who would win ?
Well, as Merlin is the European name for Majisto, I COULD say; "see previous answer", but I won't.

The Merlin of Arthurian legend was a great wizard, and could kick Majisto's butt any day (see previous answer), but being a mere human, would stand no chance against Gandalf (see previous answer). :D
Last edited by Formendacil on Thu Jul 15, 2004 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bruce N H
Precentor of the Scriptorium

Post by Bruce N H »

Could I really vote any other way?

Gandalf, of course.

Formendacil: "While the Gandalf of the movies is VERY accurate". Insert anti-Peter-Jackson rant here. Grumble grumble grumble. :evil:

Bruce
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Bruce N H wrote:Could I really vote any other way?

Gandalf, of course.

Formendacil: "While the Gandalf of the movies is VERY accurate". Insert anti-Peter-Jackson rant here. Grumble grumble grumble. :evil:

Bruce
Hey, I was toning DOWN my anti-PJ rant. And if you get down to it, Gandalf WAS one of the better-done characters. (Aragorn=Shudder!) (Legolas=Questions?) (Faramir= :evil: :evil: :evil: )
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

jamitjames wrote:Do you really think that star thing could beat Gandalf? Maybe the guy Lord_of_the_Lego made could beat Gandalf.
You mean this guy?

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lordo ... ajisto.jpg

I dunno...Majisto was burned to a crisp by Reno, and all Reno did was blow up a bag of potions...

Regarding the question, my responce is: Why does it matter? Gandalf is from a universe created by a great writer, Majisto is from a LEGO subtheme. In other words, you can't compare them.
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].