Adventures of the Boy Warrior

Discussion of Castle Themed stories
theboywarrior
Steward

Adventures of the Boy Warrior

Post by theboywarrior »

DAY ONE

Hi, I'm the Boy Warrior. I am a Crown Knight Squire who trains under the greatest knight in the whole Crown Kingdom. That's right, Sir Launcelot! He and I go waaaay back. Okay, not really, but I've known him all my squirehood. He has no children, so, as his favorite squire, when he dies, he said he'll give me his greatsword Dragonsbane. That sword killed three dragons! Anyway, he and I were out riding in his barony, when we heard screams for help. We rode in that direction, and lo and behold, we saw a wagon lying overturned in a glade. A peasant family was struggling to defend their possesions from a band of Wolfpack warriors! A woman, who I assumed was the mother, was hiding behind the overturned cart, crying and hugging a pretty teenage girl, who was the one screaming, and a young boy close to her. on the other side of the cart was an older man, probably the father, and a teenage boy about my age wielding some old swords and slashing at the wolfpack. we rushed into the battle, but more Wolfpack leapt from the trees and knocked us off our horses! :mad: I hit the ground and everything went black.
When I awoke, Launcelot and the father were shaking hands with some bowmen in green. I identified them as Forestmen. One winked at me and I recognized him as Lord Fletcher, current Robin Hood of the Forestmen. Another one carried a quarterstaff instead of a bow, and I recognized him as Jon, Fletcher's best friend and descendant of the legendary Little John. I got up and looked around. several Wolfpack were lying around. one had an arrow in his rear end, :lol: and a lump on his head, and several were trapped under a log, screaming for help and mercy and would you please get this off of me? Others had various injuries from assorted weapons, and it looked like a stampede of dragons had crashed through the forest where the remaining Wolves had run away.

It was a bad day for Wolfpack, and a fun day for me!

(other adventures coming soon)
Last edited by theboywarrior on Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Some folk we never forget
Some kind we never forgive
Haven’t seen the back of us yet
We’ll fight as long as we live

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lord-of-o ... tizen2.bmp[/img]
theboywarrior
Steward

Re: Adventures of the Boy Warrior

Post by theboywarrior »

day two

the scariest thing happened to me today. I was playing in the snow with two other squires, when we stumbled upon (literally) the ruins of a castle! there were bones laying everywhere and we saw the skeleton of a dragon laying nearby. imbedded in its skull was the most beautiful sword we had ever seen! naturally we did what any good squires would do in that sort of situation. we started wrestling over the sword. :mrgreen: Out of nowhere an arrow slammed into a tree. we turned around and pulled out our swords. (we squires are always prepared ) three trolls stood at the other end of the ruined courtyard. one said in a guttural voice "If'n yew kids warnt thart blade, yew've gotta fite fer it!" "No problem!" I yelled, (or rather squeaked, I know as well as anyone the fighting prowess of trolls.) a duel to the death commenced therof. one of the trolls loaded a crossbow, but was slashed down by the youngest of our group, twelve year old Cedric, before he could fire. the other squire, William, locked blades with another troll, and with his awesome (and inexplicable) strength, killed the troll with his own blade. I advanced on the captain, and with a deft backhand severed his belt, causing his ragged pantaloons to drop to the ground, revealing, oh horror of horrors, Justin Bieber underpants! :o :twitch: :roflol: We fell down laughing wildly. The troll started dancing angrily, tripped over his pantaloons, and promptly stabbed himself in the chest by mistake. :roll: we pulled the sword out of the dragon skull and brought it to Launcelot.
Last edited by theboywarrior on Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

theboywarrior
Steward

Post by theboywarrior »

DAY THREE
Launcelot, myself, and our sea elven friend Oromis went to take the sword to the ELF FORTRESS! :D We went there to ask the elven king to identify the sword for us. the journey took us all night, but we arrived and were met by a battalion of elves. Oromis was a bit stiff with the captain, and I thought that there was going to be a bit of a diplomatic faux pas, but they seemed to recover quickly. However, when we rode off to the fortress, Oromis and the captain started shouting at each other in their native language. It was a bit awkward for me when I realized they were talking about the elf captain's sister! (I know a few words in Elvish, but only in Oromis' sea elf dialect, so I understood him sometimes, but couldn't understand the elf captain's Forest dialect.) Forest Elves are a bit more elegant than sea elves, but they don't sound like it when yelling at sea elves. :lol: Apparently Oromis had left her on an island somewhere, and she had to be rescued when the ship wrecked on its way back to get her. we arrived at the castle and went to the elf king, Oromis and the captain screaming at each other all the way. :roll: suddenly a female voice yelled "Oromis!" everyone halted and turned around. an elf woman in armor carrying a sword in her hand was striding up to the unfortunate sea elf. she spouted a burst of Elvish words, I recognized only one phrase, 'bumbling idiot'. Oromis drew his sword as she approached, a look of absolute terror on his face. the two swords met, and Oromis babbled a stream of Elvish. Her face relaxed, and she lowered her blade. Then she stabbed him in the foot. :twitch:

theboywarrior
Steward

Post by theboywarrior »

why is nobody commenting? does everyone *sniff* hate me? :cry:
:tasty:

Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

theboywarrior wrote:why is nobody commenting? does everyone *sniff* hate me?
If you look at other stories here in the Stories forum, you'll see that they don't tend to get a lot of comments. This is a LEGO Castle forum, and while the Castle aspect means that we tend to enjoy a good medieval yarn, the fact is that we are, by and large, LEGO builders rather than story writers. Consequently, we're less likely to follow threads that are about stories than about MOCs, and even less likely if the stories thread is about text-only stories, rather than picture-inclusive stories, which tend to be LEGO pictures, hence the greater interest.

If you want more story-criticism and community, I recommend you check out Castle World, which is something of an offshoot of the community here, but focused on stories (not limited to Castle, nor limited to LEGO). Although the community there is a bit sleepy, so don't expect tonnes of responses there either.

~Michael A. Joosten - Moderator
theboywarrior
Steward

Post by theboywarrior »

Formendacil wrote:
theboywarrior wrote:why is nobody commenting? does everyone *sniff* hate me?
If you look at other stories here in the Stories forum, you'll see that they don't tend to get a lot of comments. This is a LEGO Castle forum, and while the Castle aspect means that we tend to enjoy a good medieval yarn, the fact is that we are, by and large, LEGO builders rather than story writers. Consequently, we're less likely to follow threads that are about stories than about MOCs, and even less likely if the stories thread is about text-only stories, rather than picture-inclusive stories, which tend to be LEGO pictures, hence the greater interest.

If you want more story-criticism and community, I recommend you check out Castle World, which is something of an offshoot of the community here, but focused on stories (not limited to Castle, nor limited to LEGO). Although the community there is a bit sleepy, so don't expect tonnes of responses there either.

~Michael A. Joosten - Moderator

aaah...okay. I was just curious. I would have pictures up if I knew how to resize them, let alone get them from a camera to a computer :wink:

eNiGMa
Justiciar

Post by eNiGMa »

theboywarrior wrote:I would have pictures up if I knew how to resize them, let alone get them from a camera to a computer
This thread contains some links to useful resources on editing your photos. As for getting them from the camera to your computer, there are several things you could do. If you camera came with a USB cable, you can hook that up; or, as is the case with most newer computers, you can just stick your camera memory card right into a slot in the computer, depending on what kind of card it is (there are usually labels). Then your computer will display some options (I use "View files in folder," or something like that), and you can then copy whatever photos you want onto the computer.
Nathan Cunningham
[url=http://sly-pig.blogspot.com]Blog[/url] | [url=https://www.facebook.com/nathan.cunningham.9]Facebook[/url] | [url=http://sly-pig.blogspot.com/p/blog-page.html]MOCs[/url]
theboywarrior
Steward

Post by theboywarrior »

DAY FOUR

At the elf fortress life can get a bit boring. Half the time we were there Oromis was screaming at the elf lady (her name turned out to be Ellena the Fair) or her brother, Captain Garven. The other half of the time we were either sleeping or sitting around waiting for word from the Elf King about the sword. :snore: Oromis got his foot fixed up by an elf wizard, and we haven't heard much from him the whole time, but he and Ellena keep on clashing their swords together, so the wizards must be used to seeing the two of them by now. But about the sword, it turns out it's a rare Dragonhunter Sword! :shock:
Hi, Launcelot here,
Sir! this is my forum journal! :mad:
Sorry, but I have to explain these swords.
Okay, but make it quick, I've still got to tell about what Dirk did.
Fine. You see, the Dragonhunter Swords were forged by elven smiths of old, there are six of them in the world. they were made from the teeth and scales of dragons mixed with high quality steel. the scales gave each one a distinctive hue. They are stronger than ordinary swords, and they can do special things, no one knows what they do, however. the one the boys found was tinted green, thus they found the Green Dragonhunter Blade. Simple, huh?
Thank you Launcelot. oh great, I forgot what else I was gonna talk about!
Dirk.
Thank you sir.
Anyway, our friend Dirk showed up! he is one of the best Dragon Knight swordsmen, and he wears a cool black dragon-styled helmet and carries a double-headed axe. He said he came to get us, and bring us home. In the morning we are going to say farewell to the elves! :D
Last edited by theboywarrior on Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

theboywarrior
Steward

Post by theboywarrior »

We figured out why Dirk needed us back. When we arrived the village was all scorched and a lot of the buildings were smashed. The castle was blackened and there were huge holes in the walls. :o We feared the worst when we saw several of the remaining guardposts were empty or undermanned. The porticullis had been blasted into splinters of metal. I overheard Launcelot murmur to himself, "Must have been a powerful force to smash that porticullis." We went inside, and were met by Launcelot's leutenant, Gareth. His armor was scorched and his halberd looked as though it had snapped in half and been welded back together. his shield was nowhere to be found. His aides and good friends, Sargeant Daniel Swiftstriker and Galahad Van Blade, flanked him. Daniel gave me a mock salute with his basket hilted claymore, and Galahad smiled and adjusted his hold on his spear. "What was it?" asked Launcelot. Dirk squirmed in his saddle, and Gareth replied, "It was a dragon, sir, a huge, black, dragon." "It flew over the village and set fire to the buildings! Then it swooped over the castle, blasted the porticullis to bits, and ate some of the guards! then, it grabbed a few peasants, mostly women, as dragons do, and flew off, leaving us in this mess of a fortress!" added Dirk. Launcelot shifted in his saddle, and said, "We ride in the morning, to win, or to die!" Then he told me to go get my sleep. Apparently I'm coming if I want to or not...
Last edited by theboywarrior on Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

theboywarrior
Steward

Post by theboywarrior »

I was right, I had to come. Early yesterday morning Launcelot, Dirk, a Dragon Knight known only as Blade, Gareth, (now carrying a sword) Sir Alister,(the Lion Knight's lead general) the Lion Knight captain Percivale, Sir Pelleas, Sir Fredric, (both Crown Knights) and myself left Launcelot's castle. last night we slept at an old Black Falcon outpost. Our friend Sir Kay of the Black Falcons was there with both his men, Talonblade the Spear, and Baldwin the Brave. We left this morning, and I was sad to leave before breakfast....Falcons are excellent cooks. :( Today I saw my first giant troll, and we had no choice but to kill him, I mean, they are evil after all. :orc: What happened was this, Gareth had been scouting ahead with Sir Fredric, and when Fredric came running back alone, and also screaming, we rode at full gallop in the direction he came from. What we saw was a big green giant troll exchanging blows with Sir Gareth! He had already wounded it twice, but he normally carried a halberd, so he was unused to his sword. Thus, he had not cut very deep, and had only enraged the troll. We surrounded him, and finished him off in a trice. For some reason they made me cut off his head. ME of all people. I nearly threw up in my mouth. I mean, I can kill in battle, but cutting off the head of an already dead troll is like beating a dead horse.
Hi, Launcelot here
*smack*
STOP it sir!
Don't strike me!
I didn't! that was Gareth!
Was not!
Can I write my post without a single interruption!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
:mad:
Thanks for leaving me alone. Anyway, we are on the road again, and I must say, the feel of a horse underneath me is one I'm getting used to.

theboywarrior
Steward

Post by theboywarrior »

here's a link to the Brickshelf file with my Boy Warrior fig!
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=461233

also a deeplink

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/thebo ... arrior.bmp

More characters later on! :D
Having a problem with the file, the picture of the actual fig is gone! I will try to fix this tomorrow...*sigh* :roll:

Fixed the problem! yay!

soccerkid6
Admin
Admin

Post by soccerkid6 »

Funny and entertaining story. Keep up the good work.
John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Brickbuilt: http://www.brickbuilt.org/
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/isaacsnyder/
theboywarrior
Steward

Post by theboywarrior »

Thanks! Ya know, I just might start writing it again...only better this time... :lol:

soccerkid6
Admin
Admin

Post by soccerkid6 »

I'd love to read more.
John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Brickbuilt: http://www.brickbuilt.org/
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/isaacsnyder/
theboywarrior
Steward

Post by theboywarrior »

Okay, after much thinking and mental planning, I have decided to continue...but, as mentioned earlier, better. So, without further ado... *gulp*
DAY SIX
We arrived at one of Swordwrought's outlying outposts in the Southern Province. The Order of the Dragon soldiers who ran the place were glad to see us. Glendor, the Dragon Wizard, promised to take care of the Dragonhunter Sword while we were gone, and Dirk was eager to give it to the wizard, although Launcelot was a bit reluctant. (It is said that Glendor is totally and completely mad, although no one knows for sure...) We are taking a four-to-five-day break from the journey, as we are on the border to Zoria, the land ruled by the former Knight of the Morcian Empire, Lord Vladek, and his lords, Basil the Batlord, Cedric the Bull, (23rd of that name, I might add. :lol: ) And Dracus the Dragon, leader of the Rogue Knights. We had no idea we would be entering Zoria, but that dragon seems to live there, so goodbye friendly villages and rolling fields, hello volcanoes and forbidding fortresses full of monsters. You may not hear from me again, so if I don't come back...well...I don't come back. :cry:
Launcelot says to stop blubbering and go to bed...so, g'nite!