yes
20%
no
80%

Total votes: 93

Devari
Journeyman

Post by Devari »

I used to see the Bulls as bad, but I don't really now. Doesn't matter for me, since I don't like them all that much, except for the fact that they'll make good more unique Dwarves (sticker the shield and cover the torso emblem with a beard).

Now, as for KK2, it is quite clear that the "good guys" are in fact evil - look at that diabolical costuming... I'm pretty sure that Vladek has only been vilified by the KK2 mass media which is, of course, controlled by King Matthias. The "Evil" costuming of Vladek and his people was either because that was the cheapest he could find at the discount stores, or that any shopkeeper willing to sell "Good-guy" equipment mysteriously vanished, presumably into Matthias' prision camps. Could also be the King's copyright on "Really ugly bright coloured armour, torsos, and just about everything else", which is, of course, the only "good-guy" equipment available in Morcia.

Of course, it could just be that Vladek realized how much cooler black and "Evil"-looking clothes were, so he just went with them instead.

It's quite obvious to any scholar that the History of Morcia has been cruely twisted to suit the corrupt King's needs. Vladek is quite evidently a compassionate ruler who would not suppress the peasantry and women. Not like Matthias, who obviously locks them up when the press/photographers come around (have YOU seen any women or peasants in KK2?). Considering how open Vladek is, I think that the King must've ordered any pesantry or women loyal to Vladek to be killed and their skins used for creating flags. (Sick guy, isn't he?)

Vladek is good-hearted enough to give his underlings their due fame. Unless Matthais is a total dud and doesn't have an army, I would guess that he just doesn't want to share the spotlight (the megablock!).

And if these Rogue Knights of next year are truely "fallen from grace", it's quite obvious to me that they simply realized:

a. Matthais is the opressive bad guy.
b. Their equipment SUCKS!
and c. They were peeved that they didn't get real horses, only weird things with wheels.

And went off on their own. 'Nuff said about them.

Any questions? I think I covered that quite well. :D
Umgarla
Laborer

Re: bulls are bad?

Post by Umgarla »

LONGBOW wrote: why do people think the bulls are bad??
They look bad? :D
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=115690]"Wi nøt trei a høliday in Sweden this yer?"[/url]
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by ottoatm »

Any questions? I think I covered that quite well.
heh heh heh ~ Well done ~

>clap< >clap< >clap<
Knight Templar
n. pl. Knights Templars or Knights Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

[url=http://legelot.50webs.com/mainPages/myStory.html]My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot![/url]
[url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World]CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild[/url]
Devari
Journeyman

Post by Devari »

ottoatm wrote:

>clap< >clap< >clap<
Thank you, thank you. :D
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

Devari wrote:
ottoatm wrote:

>clap< >clap< >clap<
Thank you, thank you. :D
That was pretty funny! But if you look in some of the KK2 comics, you can see peasants here and there.
kingkastle
Laborer

Post by kingkastle »

On their own the bulls are/were a great way to add to your evil army as generic fighters. I like them and have at least 40 of them. However if you ask me which I prefer I would take any of the older factions (before frightnights) in a heart beat. As for being good or evil I think it would be pretty hard to convince anyone that these guys could be good as their faces were created evil.
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by ottoatm »

As for being good or evil I think it would be pretty hard to convince anyone that these guys could be good as their faces were created evil.
I hear what your saying, and tend to agree with you on that. There was a site/story that tried to prove that they could be good though, at it was kind of a cool concept. :wink:

http://www.freewebs.com/onceuponabull/index.htm
Knight Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

[url=http://legelot.50webs.com/mainPages/myStory.html]My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot![/url]
[url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World]CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild[/url]
Webrain
Journeyman

Post by Webrain »

As a theme I like the Bulls like every other theme. Few faults though, too many "BULK" war machines that most of them are ridiculous and not a single structure :(

Anyway thats my answer to it

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=60288
Sir Drake
Archer

Post by Sir Drake »

I used to see the Bulls as bad but now I don't really see them as bad anymore. That all changed trough reading the CCRP, good ol' Barbod showed me they weren't bad at all, They're just people whom try to rebuild their once so proud kingdom.
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

To me the Bulls are neutral. They don't look good or evil. They are your basic gritty medieval soldier, with a life expectency of 25. :wink:
Farithdir
Villein

Post by Farithdir »

First of all...

WHY must the king always be depicted as a noble, kind ruler? Has it occured to anyone else here that he is repressing his people by using monarchy to inspire terror throughout his realm?
Could it be that the bulls are really gallant, freedom fighters, who having formed an anarchal-comunal collective, established an army to spread their message of peace, freedom and democracy? Just because they're uniforms aren't as nice doesn't mean that they are bad. Ditto with the faces, just because some guy has an ugly face does that mean he is evil? I portray the bulls as the good force, and the King as the evil in this world, regardless of the story LEGO feeds me in a pointless attempt to disentigrate my creativity.

In conclusion, is lego sending the wrong message to our children? That those who look good are good? That those who are bad are ugly? Also, that standing up to a repressive absolutist regime of thugs and warriors which prohibits free speech and uses fear to perpetuate the econnomic and social differences in our society, is the WRONG thing to do? Tsk, Tsk, lego.

Help help I'm being repressed!
KuvarBlodøks
Freeman

Post by KuvarBlodøks »

I like the Bulls alot. I use them for a steppe dwelling faction, with horses and long custom lances and sabres as well as mounted archers and dragoons. And of course there's axe/shield and bow armed infantry too.
Luís
Steward

Post by Luís »

Farithdir wrote:In conclusion, is lego sending the wrong message to our children? That those who look good are good? That those who are bad are ugly? Also, that standing up to a repressive absolutist regime of thugs and warriors which prohibits free speech and uses fear to perpetuate the econnomic and social differences in our society, is the WRONG thing to do? Tsk, Tsk, lego.
Have you considered the hypothesis that Lego is speaking metaforicly. The Knights may not look good, but when you look at them you may be looking into their hearts, so they have all that good look. Bulls could be handsome, but findeous people. If so, Lego is showing you their true disposition. That could go to all factions. Lego is about doing what you want.

To me- Are Bulls bad?
As much as possible (I found a purple jewel with a Bull warrior, and it was supposed to be in the castle treasure chest. The little bugger must have stolen it.)
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/7sword7/]Shelved bricks(???)[/url]
You know you're a good person when you see megablocks and have to do things you would rather not.
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by ottoatm »

Hmm... I think that it's OK to show the good guys and handsome and the bad guys as ugly, despite the fact that it isn't always true.

Simply because it isn't always true, doesn't mean that it didn't happen, and when you're a kid, you want your pirates (for example) to be patched, ugly villains fighting the gallant soldier, and you should be able to do that.

I like the bulls as villains highway pirates, raiding the gallant Lions and attacking the castle... so for me they are evil, and I'm glad LEGO made them that way. :)

It's not LEGO's job to send the right message to children, it's the parent's job. ;)

But having them as a Steppe dwelling faction is cool too, and a rough-looking but good faction is neat too... I can see that.
Knight Templar

Danielas
Steward

Post by Danielas »

ottoatm wrote:Hmm... I think that it's OK to show the good guys and handsome and the bad guys as ugly, despite the fact that it isn't always true.

Simply because it isn't always true, doesn't mean that it didn't happen, and when you're a kid, you want your pirates (for example) to be patched, ugly villains fighting the gallant soldier, and you should be able to do that.

I like the bulls as villains highway pirates, raiding the gallant Lions and attacking the castle... so for me they are evil, and I'm glad LEGO made them that way. :)

It's not LEGO's job to send the right message to children, it's the parent's job. ;)

But having them as a Steppe dwelling faction is cool too, and a rough-looking but good faction is neat too... I can see that.
i agree i use the bulls as bades even though their helmets look cool 8-)( which halve been stolen by my men) but i guss it is whoever is playing with them choice

that and also the good guys might keep their armor and wepins and clothes in better condition
God Bless. Danielas

Procrastinators Unite!!!!

(tomorrow)

Proud soldier of Classic-Castle. As in, I fight against the Legion of the Aggie.