LCC General Information and FAQ

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
Velliscig
Artisan

Re: LCC General Information and FAQ

Post by Velliscig »

I've been mostly inactive for years, but would love to get some serious building in soon before I move away to school. I haven't yet read through all of this thread (you guys type too much!), but I can say this sounds like what I've been interested in working on - building around a collaborative lore. I'm undecided of which faction is my favourite, but I would say I'd swear allegiance to whichever faction would grant me a barony! :wink:

I have a few thoughts on the political landscape... I feel, for the various factions to not go to war with each-other would be rather unrealistic, if not merely boring. Perhaps a more centralized administration is the status quo but I feel some elements of feudalism could be included, as it could create a more in-depth story line by creating various small conflicts while only marginally disturbing the rest of Roawia. I also think it would be cool to partition the provinces geographically with the members of each faction "holding land" within their borders, having their own castle or fort (assuming they can build one) and lands of which their character is lord. As for the future, if characters are allowed to switch factions, they could take their lands with them, mixing up the borders.

Anyways, these are just some ideas, if anyone is as keenly interested in medieval politics. :tasty:
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

We've covered some of the pros and cons of many of your points in previous discussions, so I'd invite you to go through this thread in-depth if you are interested in the project :)

Basically, we've thrown out the idea of any one character "controlling" parcels of land for several reasons.
1 - Not everyone's characters are Lords. Many are simply common residents of Roawia. Thus, it wouldn't make sense for them to control a town or region.
2 - Keeping all areas open to future participants is important to us. We don't wall all of the "premium" spots to be snatched up by the first few people to sign up, and want to ensure that we won't "run out" of land down the road as more people join.

As for war between the factions, the King is currently holding things together, but who knows how long he'll be able to keep the peace? :sly:
Plastics make it possible! (BrickLink) - My Flickr Stream
Courage, Honor, Loyalty! For Garheim!
Velliscig
Artisan

Post by Velliscig »

I guess I'll have to read all of this in order to avoid redundancy! I forgot members aren't just lords... I still haven't decided what character to make into my sig fig, as I have many choices within my own lore... I'd be interested in helping develop the map a bit - not necessarily saying anyone needs to own land, but if I build a castle, I'm wondering if it could be noted on the map at least as a reference to my MOCs' settings?

As for members not owning their own fiefs, some castles/forts could just have multiple lords/knights, etc. - as many as who wish to reside there. I guess I'd like my character to be a captain or castellan (not necessarily a lord or vassal) of a fort on the map...

AK_Brickster wrote:As for war between the factions, the King is currently holding things together, but who knows how long he'll be able to keep the peace? :sly:
Rebellion! Have the King levy extortionate tallages until the peasants revolt! :tasty:
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

What several people have done is created a location for their MOC on the map, and then anyone who wants to can build in that location as well if they like. For example, a Garheim LCC member has created the town of "Rothberg" and many of his MOCs are based on that location, and it is noted on the map. However, If you or I wanted to reference that town in one of our own MOCs, that's perfectly acceptable as well. If you wanted to do something drastic, such as have the town fall under siege or burn to the ground, it would be polite to request permission from the faction leader first, so that towns aren't constantly being "built" and "destroyed", etc.
RichardAM
Merchant

Post by RichardAM »

Quick question. I'm not sure if this has been answered or explained before and if so I apologise, but has there been 'ancient' magic in our universe e.g in the centuries before our three factions and men themselves? Things like golems and minotaurs etc, fantasy stuff?

I know magic is basically go-go in the Outlaw islands but I wasn't sure if it had any place within the narrative before now for the other regions too, earlier on chronologically?

(got a great idea for a build and I don't want to ruin lore/canon with it) :wink:
Teherean
Steward

Post by Teherean »

I'm working on a general timeline for the LCC lands that is currently on-hold due to real life. But, Mystical creatures did live in the other lands until a certain point in history. In fact, the Orcs are going to be one of the three main races that form the first era of my timeline (Dawn Era - to be completed).
AFOL, Brony, Yeah... I am a child at heart!

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/t-est/LCC ... nfald2.jpg[/img]
RichardAM
Merchant

Post by RichardAM »

Okay, thanks! Going to build all the same, and hopefully it will/can fit into the mythology, but if not i'd have no problem disqualifying it myself from the current local challenge. Eitherway, definitely an idea I want to try :)
shmails
Bard of the Royal Court

Post by shmails »

Not sure if this has been discussed, but how will the LCC work with the CCC starting next month? Will builds be able to be in the CCC and still be given points/rewards for the LCC? Will there be a side contest to coincide with the CCC? Just wondering, thanks in advance!
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

Since the CCC runs for such a long time, we probably will continue to run the LCC as normal, but could allow CCC MOCs to be counted as free-builds once people start posting them in a few months, as long as they somehow apply to your LCC faction/character.

I'll talk with Josh at BrickCon today. Maybe they can even put an LCC-specific category as part of the CCC this year. :eyebrows:
friskywhiskers
Landlord

Post by friskywhiskers »

AK_Brickster wrote: I'll talk with Josh at BrickCon today. Maybe they can even put an LCC-specific category as part of the CCC this year. :eyebrows:
Now, that would be cool :D !
Mark of Falworth
Master Builder
Master Builder

Post by Mark of Falworth »

AK_Brickster wrote:Since the CCC runs for such a long time, we probably will continue to run the LCC as normal, but could allow CCC MOCs to be counted as free-builds once people start posting them in a few months, as long as they somehow apply to your LCC faction/character.

I'll talk with Josh at BrickCon today. Maybe they can even put an LCC-specific category as part of the CCC this year. :eyebrows:
Yeah, We LCCers should turn our attention to the CCC when it comes. :)

Oh, that would be sweet! :D It might be better if it was simply "LCC inspired" (non official) so that anyone can enter the category.
Teherean
Steward

Post by Teherean »

Mark of Falworth wrote:
AK_Brickster wrote:Since the CCC runs for such a long time, we probably will continue to run the LCC as normal, but could allow CCC MOCs to be counted as free-builds once people start posting them in a few months, as long as they somehow apply to your LCC faction/character.

Yeah, We LCCers should turn our attention to the CCC when it comes. :)

Oh, that would be sweet! :D It might be better if it was simply "LCC inspired" (non official) so that anyone can enter the category.
Exactly. I'd expect the admins and mods to frown upon an LCC-only category. But I'd love to see a lot of input into the CCC from the LCC community! I'm going to enter into the CCC for the first time ever this year, probably.
AFOL, Brony, Yeah... I am a child at heart!

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/t-est/LCC ... nfald2.jpg[/img]
shmails
Bard of the Royal Court

Post by shmails »

Cool, thanks! The reason for my question is that I am planning a new castle for the mason's guild but know that there is also usually a castle category in the CCC, and since they are time consuming and large creations, I was hoping to kill two birds with one stone castle! :lol: An LCC inspired category would be very cool.
JoshWedin
Chevalier de Chèvre

Post by JoshWedin »

Hey All,

There won't be an LCC-exclusive category in the CCC, as it would exclude CC members who aren't in LCC. But I don't see any reason that your CCC entries can't be used in the LCC...as long as they are entered in the CCC first. ;) (The CCC rules usually state that entries have to be new, so builds would need to be entered in the CCC before being entered in the LCC).

Josh
AFOL and his money are easily parted.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/ak_brickster/8 ... hotostream][img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8252/85336074 ... 2a10_t.jpg[/img][/url] [url=http://www.Brothers-Brick.com]The Brothers Brick[/url]
Eklund
Man-At-Arms

Post by Eklund »

Thanks for the reply Josh, that is really good to know heading in to the CCC for us LCCers.
You would rather be building right now.
ImageImage
My Flickr